1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Having read some posts above regarding turning off the in-game damping and turning it back on in my wheel firmware has made a big difference, for the better. I am still missing some good feel at the front wheels, can't feel them load up or go light but it is a lot better than it has been. This is using NuScorpii's last custom file as the FFB source. Any suggestions on FFB on how to get more info from the front wheels?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sundaygloom

Sundaygloom New Member

I'm using the CSW 2.0. My in game settings line up with yours, but my wheel settings I don't have the FEI setting, not sure what that is or does, must be something added to newer wheels.

3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Dear good Sir, your custom FFB file is very outdated. A lot of things have changed since that NuScorpii file was released. There are plenty of good options available here. The newest versions are all superb ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  4. RoloFuentes

RoloFuentes Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys help please..
    I have fixed my preferred wheel (Fanatec CSW V2.5 with universal hub with the most common wheel) and as it's bigger (wider, more diameter, or how you would like to say) I feel FFB much lighter, I have FFB at the wheel 100%, Game 100% dampening 0%, but still want t bit more strength. What I could change to make it stronger?

Thanks!

5. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I think you will have to post your fanatec settings, as maybe something's hiding there and somebody might be able to help.

Otherwise:
    - Which custom file are you using, if any?
    - Are you lacking strength everywhere(both at center & cornering)? Or only in the center?
    If it's everywhere and you need more strength I'm afraid you will need a stronger wheelbase.
    If it's the center mostly, then try adjusting in-game lfb up a little(not sure what you have it at now).

Btw, on high end wheel bases you should try and have in-game gain set as low as possible & def. not at 100%. This gives more range for the FFB to work with, so for example downforce & cornering will feel better.

6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Yeah there must be something wrong, perhaps driver wise? If I use your settings then I probably need 3 man to be able to turn the wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. LE GAULOIS

LE GAULOIS New Member

use fanalab

8. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, I need a little input from the custom ffb file experts.

I somewhat enjoy the default ffb, tho there are something's things I don't and was wondering if and or what lines in the custom default I could adjust or add?

Bumps....I find them far too sharp, how can I soften them.

Engine rpm buzz...how can I reduce them without losing the tire scrub.

Increase front load under braking
    Increase lateral tire grip mid corner

Thrust master TX servo base with rally mod rim
    Thrustmaster CP all 100%
    With lastest driver and firmware

In-game
    Gain 65
    LFB 30
    FX 55
    Dampening 0

9. RoloFuentes

Here goes the info:
    CSW V2.5 (PC driver 402, Wheel Base Firmware 684, wheel Base Motor Firmware 22)
    Sen = auto
    FF = 100
    DRI = -02
    FEI = 100
    FOR = 100
    SPR = 100
    DPR = 100
    BLI = 100
    SHO = 100
    BRF = 70

File: Uploaded
    NAME: Silver Raw - muscleFuktor - Momentum Rack 6.2 - Karsten with Shadak & Panos - High end fileFeaturing Santos & tUMi.
    Tweaked for Fanatec belt wheels by Fizzy (uploaded about 1 or 2 weeks ago)

Game Settings:
    100/45/60/0/20

THANKS!!!!!

Attached Files:

10. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Independentely from the size of the rim diameter, I honestly think that if everything would BE ok with the wheel base and the game .. you d BE feeling your Driving like Driving an 18 wheeler ... Tried deleting the Automobilista 2 folder on You documents???

11. RoloFuentes

Nope... never try that...

FFB is not like a 18 wheeler... but I want more gain, or strengh about 25% more... like this I can play? Yes I can, do I have FFB? Yes, but it feels like driving my Toyota 4Runner (well.. could it be like a 18wheeler...)

Delete the folder, restart the PC and restart the game? (OF COURSE REMEMBER WHAT THINGS I HAVE CHANGE LIKE VR SETTINGS AND THE FF FILE)

12. ZeferinoCoutinho

At least. In some of the here reported FFB issues it solved them....

13. spec10

spec10 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Can anyone point me to some baseline Fatantec and ingame settings for a DD1? I went back 10 pages in this thread, didn't help. I tried using the search and got "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common."

A monster thread like this is really hard to digest. Thanks in advance. :)

14. Goibaka

Goibaka New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi man!....you did a wrong decision getting bigger rim on same wheel base....because your hands will do more torque VS base torque....your ratio torque is more weak now. I suggest you getting a direct drive or come back old rim again.

15. ZeferinoCoutinho

I would nt consider that a wrong/bad decision... he simply need to be ready to adapt.. nothing else... and probably that way the torque given by the rim is more realistic, then the one he was used to deal with...

16. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi all
    A bit late to the party.:whistle:
    But have adapted to 4.6 with a mild tune.
    I have brought over some smoothing values from earlier versions to reduce sharp bump and kerbs that where a little too jolty and crisp for me.

Also have made a change/ reduction to acceleration feel, as I been struggling with the wheel pulling quite hard either direction with some of the high torque cars for some time , cars like the v8 supercar and group C where a nightmare to control even with wheel straight. This change has helped considerably and hasn't taken the feel of throttle steer away too much, all cars just feel more planted with less throttle anxiety o_O

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Liking your file @LE GAULOIS , just added a few tweaks myself.
    Gain 60 odd.
    Lfb 0.
    Fx 60
    Damping 0.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. RoloFuentes

Hello nice people!

Didn't work, I remember with PC2 an I could change a value in the custom FFB file and all set... but with PC2 there is nothing similar. If I set to the "in-game" setting, for me at 70% is fine, but with the custom, need more than 100% weird.

Hello mate! long story short, I have this rim and the formula V2 Carbon, I have used it with AC, KartKraft (really strong FFB there I drive DD2 karts and they are very similar), ACC (nope, there I use the Formula V2), AC and PC2, with PC2 I have the FFB at 80%. This only happened with the custom FFB file, with the "in-game" file there is no problem, much stronger FFB with 70%, but with the custom, I think it should be something like 130%. I did the same with PC2, change a value in the custom file, but no clue what I could change in this one.

I really think there is something wrong with my file/game/setup / or something, with the Formula V2, that is smaller, at 100% is almost fine, but with the wider one of the Universal hub, physics do their job and it feels too weak.

Have to say that I usually drive DD2 karts and years ago I have driven some old F3 cars, those 2 have very hard steering, and the CSW V2.5 is capable of giving the same FFB strength.
    If I use the "in-game" setup, 70% and sometimes 80% is enough, but with the custom file, need more. As I said before, something similar happened to me with PC2, I was advised to change one of the values and all set.

Do I like a bit more FFB than most of you? Probably, I'm deformed by my experience with karts and old F3... That much that the CSW V2.5 is not capable? nope, no problem with the other games...

If someone knows what value I could change to make this stronger I would appreciate it, the experience is good, I'm impressed with this game but is like when you are hearing a great song and want more volume, and you cant have it hahaha

Have a great day!!

19. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Enabling the HUD and looking at the ffb output bars, do you clip a lot when running the Default?

Running the custom, does it go to the top bar, close to 100% ffb output or much lower?

20. RoloFuentes

Stupid question, but how I can do that?
    Using Oculus Rift cant find those HUD options. Sorry mate, can you help me with that (is a bit off topic)