1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Hey man, change your FOR to 120, that will firm it up quite a bit

2. Marnus Zwarts

edit double post

3. Goibaka

Goibaka New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys!.....one suggestion.....

for more immersion .... would it be possible to add an FX effect to produce a jolt/shake every time we engage a gear in the gearbox? .... I believe Raceroom implemented something similar to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this. I'd assumed it was one of the recent Reiza updates that had made the V8s so torque-oversteery, I would never have guessed it could have been caused & resolved via the FFB feel.

The V8 is now back as a great fun car to drive, still a bit of a handful at times, just as it should be. One of my favourite cars in the game, it's awesome on the fast, flowing tracks like Silverstone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’m not sure it was caused by the ffb, but just amplified.
    With the turned down, it’s now in line with default or close to it.
    It adds immersion to a lot of cars that don’t have this physics signal so strong, but at a trade off , of making the tricky cars almost untameable.
    Well that’s my belief anyway, people can set it as strong as the like in file.

6. indent

indent New Member

WOW! - now it feel's absolutely amazing, compared to before (I'm new to AMS2 - come from RaceRoom and RF2) - I bought it because of the GTE's and DPI's, now I love it - thanks for sharing!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Can anyone recommend a file for the CSL Elite?

I'm currently using the rFuktor 4.4 - Momentum Rack 6.1 file and switched to default ffb to see where its currently at and was very pleasantly surprised. Though it's just made me think where are we with more upto date custom files...it's been a while since I downloaded one and I'm feeling way out of the loop.

EDIT: I’ve downloaded 4.6 and made no file adjustments, only in-game settings. Which are currently

70 gain
    15 LFB
    15 FX
    35 Damping (tested on the BMW GTE)

What does the ‘centre full’ adjustment do at the 0-10% range on LFB? I can’t help wondering if I have numb hands as I never seem able to notice the tiny forces that many do!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  8. Marnus Zwarts

Just from my meager experience, Up your fx to 50 - 60 for the CSL.
    I use the 4.6 bugfix file with large scale bumps reduced to 0.001 to reduce violent oscillations on bumpy tracks, as well as an increased brake force (to give a tighter FFB under breaking).
    You could try @RoloFuentes CSW file (I haven't) but is should be spot on for the CSL as well.
    My CSL wheel settings: SEN Auto, FFB 65, DRI -2, FEI 100, FOR 80, DAMPER whatever it makes no difference, SPR whatever again. Game settings FFB 65, LFB 10, FX 65, DAMP 10 - 50 depending on car

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

that nuscorpii heavy messing still gr8 with my g27

10. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

I use a buttkicker to give me that and a few other things to add to immersion with the FFB too! You can easily adjust a few vibrations things like shifting, curbs, road noise, and others in game settings. I basically can not sim race with out my buttkicker for all the added immersion it gives.....nothing replaces it for sure. Also, you should not feel a shift in your wheel unless it is at your fingertips with paddle shifters you need to feel it though the car by your body/arse. lol

11. mark Taylor

mark Taylor New Member

hi guys im new to this forum and AMS2, im looking for recommendations for custom ffb settings and wheel setting for Fanatec DD1

12. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

go to the second post in this thread and choose the High End custom FFB as it is specifically for DD wheels. Tune in game in the Controls/FFB Settings according to your likes.

13. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I'm very happy with the latest High End file from Karsten and these settings:
    Fanatec:
    upload_2021-7-8_22-37-8.png
    In game:
    upload_2021-7-8_22-36-30.png

This is for GT3 cars. I adjust gain down a bit for high downforce cars.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Eman Delta

Eman Delta New Member

Hi there, thanks for the t300 setting suggestion. Why 60 over 75 in the control panel? Also, I`m confused with the four number inputs (75-60-100-80) ingame as there are five in-game. Which value should I place where? Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Only nre
    Duuhhh!!!
    ONLY. Need 4 values .. the 5th is irrelevant for driving ...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Eman Delta

Eman Delta New Member

With the 5th being menu spring correct? I thought that it perhaps had effect outside of the UI for some reason but I guess I am just legit retarded. Anyway, thanks for the reply homie.

17. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Yep...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I would go with a more recent file tuned for Logitech wheels. If you look at page 1, post #2 you can download a big file called rFuktor-tunes.zip It includes ffb files for specific wheels like Logitech.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DrunkenSpaceship

DrunkenSpaceship New Member

Hello,
    Im new to sim racing and recently bought a CSL Elite V1 (not the Playstation version). I am quite confused with the different files and settings.
    Could someone tell me wich file to use and recommend some settings as a starting point?
    Thank you!

20. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This file has all the tuned files in it, incl ones for the CSL and CSW wheels.
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/rfuktor-tunes-zip.15693/
    I would prob start out with something like Gain 30-40, LFB (Centre feel) 5-10, FX 40.-50 (or maybe more depending on how much you want to feel) & Damping (Power Steering) 5-15. All of these settings are very personal so just play with them and set them to how you like the wheel to feel. Hope that helps. Others have different ideas as well.