1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. RDG

RDG Active Member

You can alleviate the weird tilting on the Daytona banking by moving world movement to 100, but that results in every single bounce transferring to your vision to the point where F1 cars are impossible to drive because you can't see. The thing is, I don't understand where the constant bouncing comes from, it seems like it's coming from the physics engine, but I can't set the car up around it.

2. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

To me it just seems like an overdone canned effect but don't expect it to change as most think it is realistic.

3. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I FINALLY got my hands on an RTX 3080 (Tuf OC edtion) for MSRP. I'm getting caught up on this thread, and it sounds like there are issues with the RTX 3000 series and latest build of Windows? Is that still the case?

4. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I have no issues with an rtx3080 and the latest windows with a Quest 2. What headset are you using?

5. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

No issues with the 30 series cards here. Where did you hear that?

7. Chip

That's good to hear! I am using an HP Reverb G2.

Saw it a few pages back (VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback).

Anyone have some baseline/starting point settings for the HP Reverb G2+RTX 3080?

8. Chip

@psone Did you ever end up posting the settings you use for your RTX 3080+HP Reverb G2? I didn't see an update, but admittedly, I haven't been monitoring the thread as closely as say the custom FFB thread. I know it's all very subjective/personal preference, but a starting point is so helpful.

9. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My experiences with 5800X & 3080:
    Start off with 60% SteamVR Supersampling, and everything on medium/high.
    Environment map, Reflections, AA and Shadows seem to have the biggest impact
    Something like fpsVR is useful to be able to see GPU/CPU frametimes in game
    Turn motion smoothing in SteamVR settings to always on or disabled, but not auto.
    Motion smoothing on gives you more headroom to crank up the eye candy and SS setting, but you might not like it.
    I'm currently running with motion smoothing as an experiment, and so far I quite like it.
    When you change the SteamVR settings in game, motion smooting takes effect immediately, SS needs a restart (regardless of what fpsVR is telling you).

You could also try out your G2 @ 60Hz in WMR settings but a lot of people (including me) notice an unpleasant strobing effect in certain games

Certain tracks at dusk/dawn have a problem regardless of settings. Hockenheim is particularly bad.
    Overcast weather is also a challenge.
    This makes it pretty much impossible to come up with decent settings that cover absolutely everything. I just don't play certain tracks at certain times of day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Did anyone manage to smooth the view of Long Beach? I got so smooth views on most tracks but fences and other city objects in Long Beach just results with like intermeshed images.
    I use 0.4 sharpening strength, 0.12 clamp and 1.0 offset bias.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  11. vvvnew

vvvnew New Member

Anyone found a fix for overcast weather/rain performance issues? Fps tanks a bit but there are a lot of stutters making the game unplayable.

Using a RTX 3080 with a reverb G2 @ 70% steamvr native resolution

• Like Like x 1
  12. DaWorstPlaya

Perhaps lower SteamVR to 60%? AMS2 still looks great on the G2. Or get a 3080Ti. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. vvvnew

vvvnew New Member

I dont think getting a ti is going to make a difference for me. Like i said, fps-wise, 85-90 should be playable. But it feels like 45 fps due to the stutters and the way the frames are delivered. When it rains in pcars2, my fps goes down about 10% on average but i dont feel it as much. In asm2, it becomes a stuttery mess.

Ill try lowering resolution a bit to 60%.

14. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

One for the hp reverb G2 peeps running on rtx30 cards. Found a sweet setting last night.
    You need the latest nvidia drivers 471 something.
    Make sure that steam vr and steam for windows mixed reality are not the betas.
    Turn on hags (hardware accelerated gpu scheduling) and game mode.
    In the settings for steam for wmr panel that you can bring up in steam vr on your headset set the graphics motion smoothing to motion vector.
    In the game, throw everything on ultra apart from grass (complete waste of resources) and put msaa on high. Set steam VR SS to 70% and it will look sweet and run smooth in almost any scenario.
    If you’re only doing daytime then push the SS up.
    Worth a try.
    In the past HAGS never worked well but seems to be great with latest nvidia drivers in this game.

This worked lovely on my system last night which is an i7 8700 with rtx3090

• Like Like x 2
  15. DaWorstPlaya

One of the settings I use for VR with the G2 is ultra low latency mode in the Nvidia control panel. It's helped with stutters in VR in the past.

16. vvvnew

vvvnew New Member

What does it do? And is it a global setting or game specific?

17. vvvnew

vvvnew New Member

Ok, after playing around with settings, ive come to realize the weather performance issues are simply due to poor optimization. Quite a shame though. This is perhaps the best looking sim racing game in VR and has great performance in dry conditions. Simply unplayable under overcast or rainy conditions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. vvvnew

vvvnew New Member

I run on epic AA with 70% native resolution and medium settings (15 opponents visible). Performance is acceptable but the game doesnt look nearly as good as ASM2

19. vvvnew

vvvnew New Member

This game in VR is unplayable at night/cloudy weather. Horrible optimization. Hope they fix it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Mike, this has transformed the game for me - couldn’t bottom all all the stutters, especially in rain and night…. This has truly done wonders.

Give it a try folks.

• Like Like x 3