1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is "SimuCube 2 Pro - AMS2" a good combination, and what wheel can I use?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SaxOhare, Jun 23, 2021.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I want to upgrade my wheel to a DD wheel
    After looking many videos I think the SimuCube 2 Pro is the best wheel-base for me
    Smooth,
    Good quick release system,
    Nice format (dimensions),

I have a few questions
    Isn't it to troublesome to get I working correct in AMS2 ?
    Does it give a list of wheels I can use with this base?
    And I am not sure if I want a wireless wheel, doesn't this cause a unreliable connection with the game. like latency or disconnections during driving?

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

It is the best DD wheel on the market imo, unless you're already embedded in the Fanatec universe.

Not really. Set ist as a custom wheel. The only thing you need to be aware of is assigning the axis, Madness Engine has an issue there. It works if you turn the wheel 360° in the direction you want to assign and then move it back to center. If you keep it turned, you'll get a "multiple inputs detected" error. Press the e-stop to make the wheel not fight you.

IMO you can use any wheel you want with the base that can connect through wireless or USB. Not shure about Fanatec and Thrustmaster Rims though. I myself use the SRB GT3 Rim. As AMS2 lacks swapable controller profiles, be aware if you plan to swap rims, you need to tinker with your button assignments as the rims might be recognized as seperate devices or the button assignments may not match. That may or may not be the case with Fanatecs DD wheels.

Never hat an issue with that. There were issues in the past, but with the wheelbase you receive a little antenna that you can screw int the back of the base to improve the wireless connection. Batteries in the wheel last forever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

@SaxOhare
    I've never used the SC2 system but, have been on the SC1 / Small Mige system for years and it works really well with all titles. SC2 has improved, especially with connectivity options and processing response of overall ffb performance.

You may see forum inquiries regarding SC2 + AMS2 more frequently but, I think that's a matter of having more tuning parameters between the game / Default vs. Custom / wheel-base settings to sort.

The trick is to stick to the primary and fundamental settings before even considering the secondary ones, and it becomes pretty easy. In other words, focus on the wheel-base settings that are common with all DD-ffb systems; ffb-strength / Filtering level / Friction / Damping.

The Direct-Input settings available in the SimuCube system can generally be left at default or set to zero as these are generally not used in most sim titles (or only for more static force effects when parked, for example).

Beyond that, refer to common user settings as a rough guide per title and tune to personal preference through trial & error, as with any ffb-system.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice. Since we have the same nationality.. I think I am going to pay you a visite. :D

6. SaxOhare

Thanks for giving me the confidence and yes it's a fantastic match, barely a month on and I've taken the plunge into the deep.
    I purchased a SimuCube 2 r2 and an Acher Racing F64-USB V1 (Old model).
    First impressions are very good, it is difficult to describe but especially the increased evenness and smoothness of the FFB are very fine.
    Setting up the steering control took some effort, but with the 280 degrees bump stop and stopping just before you set the actual control, it worked.

7. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

Nice - would you mind reporting back every so often? I am thinking of buying the same base but interested to hear how it goes (moving from a G29).

8. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

is simucube2 good? yes, 100%.
    is it a good combo with ams2? no, not at all.

9. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

A bit of a pointless reply!

If you come up to say something isn't good, at least state your reasons.

10. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

ams2 ffb, as pcars2, doesn't work well with sc2. that's it, don't know why but it is a known matter on sc2 users forums.

11. Steve D

Steve D New Member

I'm an SC1 user and get really good FFB from the latest high-end custom file posted in the thread below and when used in conjuction with the recommended in-game settings. The FFB isn't quite to RF2 levels but I find it very communicative and it's come on leaps and bounds in recent months.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It seems SC1 > SC2 in this case! :p:D

I agree about rF2 though. It remains as the gold standard in FFB (varies by car) for me. No other title can convey the same sense of corning forces through ffb as effectively, imo.

13. SaxOhare

I think it is a great the improvement, I get nice subtle FFB now.
    No need to use custom FFB-files, default is just fine.
    A few problems I had/have: Assigning the wheel rotation in AMS2 is tricky, but with some tricks I could manage it, and the wheel is not mainstream it isn't recognized in some games, Forza H 4, TT-isle of man, and probably in more controller orientated games.
    I like the software and the ability to switch profiles,
    ( Another thing i like about bying the SC2 is the need of a third-party wheel, I bought an Acher Racing F64-USB, a really good wheel, Which I would never have bought if I didn't have the SC2)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  14. Sergio Rafael Lemke

Sergio Rafael Lemke New Member

I have the Simucube sport and it's pretty nice on AMS2, I actually use the same simucube setting on ACC and AMS2(default FFB) it's quite transparent when I switch games as they both feel really good.

• Like Like x 2