1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Telemetry CSV Writer

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TechAde, Feb 19, 2021.

1. mrjiffy6

mrjiffy6 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone here still interested into having MoTeC telemetry for AMS2? I have something in the works for Richard Burns Rally, but once the format is known it can be used for any sim. If i'm seeing enough interests for AMS2, I might take the time to make a proper release for AMS2.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@mrjiffy6 Sounds absolutely great my good man.:D:D:D
    As can be seen in my postings above I would LOVE to be able to use the autentic (free) MoteC analyser tool for AMS2.
    Because I know from iRacing, rF2 and GTR2 how great a tool the MoteC telemetry analyser is.

If you made such a "translater" app from AMS2 to MoteC I would even return to AMS2 from the reluctant Raceroom asylum Im in at the moment because of Reizas limiter sound poo in some cars.:(

ByTheWay: If needed I would even be prepared to pay you a fee to get my hands on such an app - because I know by experience how great a tool the MoteC is.;)

3. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

It would be a ground breaker for this sim IMO. I use RST for telemetry but I know Motec is used widely and other sims has such converter tools (which motec not discourage also not courage :) )

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BrunoB

One of the reasons this could be great is that beside the simple and user friendly use of MoteC to just check the basic things in your sessions on track - then it will not take long before more experienced MoteC users will upload their personal socalled Workbooks.
    Because downloading such Workbooks others can use more advanced functions in MoteC without having to program anything themselves.;)
    I have collected such more advanced projects and could probably be persuaded to upload them for others to use.
    Here are some pics of a few of these projects.

ByTheWay: Some years ago I created a MoteC project that was able to calculate and compare the tire grip produced by different car setups. Maybe I should find that project hidden somewhere on my HD.:D

Chris Partridge motec.jpg MoTeC i2 Pro Tools-Analysis of DIFF Function.jpg MoTeC-iRacing-Workbook.jpg Tyre temperature and wear.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrunoB

Just for pure bragging of how clever I am :D I found at least a pic of my grip compare Workbook made for for iRacing.
    The pic shows the difference in grip of 2 sessions each of 7 laps run with two different setup settings.
    To the left is the AVG grip values of the 2 sessions - and to the middle you can see the grip of each of the 2x7 laps.;)

ByTheWay: I guess everybody can see that this kind of calculated grip compare is a much better base for evaluating what change in car setup will give you an advantage on track.
    Hehe and Im still slightly amased/amused nobody else have been able to create a similiar objective grip calculation.:D

GripCompare lap2-7klipklipTxt.png

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Y E S ! ! !

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please *praymode* :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Absolutely, very useful if you have the talent and the time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mrjiffy6

mrjiffy6 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello chaps,

Your interests were noted.

I got my hands on the UDP packet format from PCars2 so i'll be able to check how much work is needed to separate telemetry ticks into distincts laps with all the required metadata, so it can be processed into a single log file. After that, converting in whatever format is just a breeze.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. BrunoB

Oh man - that sounds absolutely smashing.
    Thank you for taking your time with this - because it looks like Im not the only one who have been looking forward to such kind of extra tweaking possibility ;)

11. Guilherme Fazani de Brito

Guilherme Fazani de Brito New Member

I am not able do run the AMS2TelemetryCSV. When I execute it, it opens a prompt window for a glance but then closes immediately. Is there anybody with the same issue?

12. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be really great to be able to check MoTeC in AMS2, hope it can work in the future. I would also pay for this tool.

13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It works, but the guy hasn’t added everything yet.

edit: it is a different guy who has made a working one now. His name is @GeekyDeaks

14. BrunoB

Im sorry to say I consider it a dead end.
    Hopefully Im wrong but until I see a working proggy I will focus on getting the telemetry tool for pCars2 working for AMS2.

15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Link please and the guy’s telemetry tool works

16. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the GeakyDeaks app and it worked perfectly. You just run the "logger app", start it as your drive begins, then just open the log and it will start MoTec, or you can start MoTec and find the files in the log folder. (wherever you installed the app folder)