1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mods in to AMS2... it has no sense

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by keroseno, Jul 22, 2021.

1. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Nemesis isn't cheating he is just that fast. Although the leaderboards are a complete mess as some cars are quicker while others are slower and it's almost impossible to keep up. Until the times/setups are post stamped with their version when set the confusion will continue...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 'downside' of this constant physics tweaking is that what you achieved yesterday might not mean anything doable today. Simple as that.

Very messy and confusing, but AMS2 'is a long term project' as they say, until the game reaches a stable state, to compare time trials and lap times is just irrelevant.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

If @nemesis or any other human being was able to cheat in this way believe me they wouldnt do that in AMS2. ACC or AC would gather much more popularity and even solid prizes. Besides maybe he was already breaking records on some older racing games while some of you having fight with your dad to buy a lollipop or not from the nearest shop.

The thing here I see is just "throw dirt enough, and some will stick" either intentionlay or not. No need to reset leaderboards with this thoughts in mind but only if update brought a BoP that slows down a certain class.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

He is at least half my age :whistle:
    @ramsay your idea is the fix, version number and date TT laps.

6. nemesis

nemesis Member

This has to be a joke right! How many more times.
    I think kerseno needs to do some research and find out more about me rather than chucking ridiculous things about. Every Porsche default tt I’ve been doing in lastest version I’m smashing my previous times by a lot.
    Just done one at Adelaide check out my driving dude you’ll see why I squeeze everything out of the car even in default form Log into Facebook

290kph is only 180mph that was a while back in previous versions I will guarantee you all I can beat that time now in lastest updates and by a lot.
    Stop throwing the cheating thing about how about learn to drive and maybe we can talk again.
    You only need to look at my mclaren time and see how far off the Porsche is

just because you can’t get close to my times don’t brand me a cheater that’s a pathetic excuse of a sim racer.
    Not many will carry speed over the mountain section more so than I can do so watch other Bathurst Vids I have done

by the way thanks for the ego boost it’s what makes me even better

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nemesis is on the limit of the tires pretty much at all times. You don't even need to watch the video, just listen to it.

Its documented they BoP'd the porsche and changed the drag (amongst other things probably too like tire tread etc. that could impact top speed).

@keroseno pathetic. you've embarrassed RCTV too. which is a shame for them.

Of anyone here, I trust what @ramsay says. he's at that level with Nems.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I saw your name at the top of the Bathurst leaderboards, lap time of 1:57. The lap in the video was already impressive, being able to shave off 2 seconds of that lap is even more impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  9. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

I figure the basics of jealousy, a lack of ability and a sense of entitlement are factors at play here.
    The classicly foolish mind-set of thinking because one person can't achieve something, someone else isn't able to either. And if they can, then clearly there's foul play at work.
    In my view that tends to make it almost impossible to achieve the results - as you've already decided it can't be done (without cheating).

@nemesis - Nice driving. Ignore the critics. Haters are gonna hate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. nemesis

nemesis Member

Thanks so much mate! Couldn’t of said it better I’ve had this thrown at me for years almost to the point of giving up sim racing as no matter what I could do and give my all it was always the case of I must be cheating to obtain my results.
    Half these guys don’t realise the learning process and work that has got me to this point in play

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Beccobunsen

@nemesis , im waiting your longbeach TT with sprintrace, i need a time reference ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. nemesis

nemesis Member

Maybe.I Can try the sprintrace again I haven’t touched them for a long time now.
    Ohhh and long beach not my most magical track but will give it a shot buddy

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Beccobunsen

it's kind a mixed feeling, is a pure driving sensation, sometime, and no so pure in some other...

14. 2ndLastJedi

Yeah I often pass on a TT if @nemesis isn't there, never know if I'm fast or not without his reference.
    Longbeach and the new RSR is one I will be looking out for.

15. 2ndLastJedi

Also folks, he is smashing these times out on a broken t300 and faulty pedals :eek:
    I think Thomas from @Fanatec should sponsor him and get him on a DD, hopefully the extra force will actually slow him down :whistle:

I wonder if Dom the Fanatec community spokesman comes here?

• Like Like x 1
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I find it funny how often people think fast drivers are cheating. I've gotten accused of it a few times, and honestly I take it as a badge of honor. :rolleyes:

Some drivers are just more comfortable on the edge of grip and know how to extract that extra little bit of time. Even compared to a "good" time in practice or qualifying, in TT, if you perfect every detail of every corner, there's a full second or more you can find. Sometimes that means using unconventional tactics like forcing a car to oversteer on certain corners, or hitting a curb in a way that positions the car at just the right spot.

• Like Like x 6
  17. steelreserv

I think I remember you from a MP GTE lobby at longbeach about a week ago. If it was you, somebody was giving you a hard time, called you a cheater. You were lightning quick.

18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah that was me. Though a few days later he added me as a friend on Steam and a apologized, so we're good now. I wasn't even using the setup I set the lap record with, I was just running defaults with the Porsche doing 1:14.6's. Long Beach is all about learning the bumps and how to push the car right out to the wall without binning it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. steelreserv

Well, you probably get the same thing that happens to Nems frequently I'd imagine, but that is a nice ending.
    And just by what you wrote about LB, shows me you know what you're doing. If it was a mod, you wouldn't even mention technique or corner approach. It wouldn't have crossed your mind because you wouldn't need to worry about stuff like that.

As much heat as you and Nems get, just think, there are a thousand times as many drivers out there that learn what the cars are capable of and how to get faster by following your ghosts in TT.

There's a tenth out there for most people to find on every corner. A new technique or corner approach to gain even more. You guys have found that and are working on thousandths at this point. Everyone needs a jackrabbit to chase. It makes us all better.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

a Fanatec DD to @nemesis ??? mmmmhhh, maybe better a MS Sidewinder if we hope to place some times on TT lol !!!! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1