1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit stop confirmed but pit box was occupied

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Glen Orpheus, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Sim Racing Life AMS2 Club Member

Ok team Reiza we need a fix for this please.

On Sunday I was racing in a multiplayer league race at Bathurst with the GTE cars. It started to rain after a few laps, so I requested a pit stop and got the yellow confirmation appear on screen.
    So I drive into the pits in p7 and there's a car already in my pit box. I swear I could see my green box under the car so I thought ok, maybe this guy has just stopped briefly in the wrong place, so I took my car over it, but alas no pit crew came out and I was forced to take the car for another lap, on worn out slicks in the heavy rain. 20210726133502_1.jpg
    So as you can guess my next lap was not the best, I got in peoples way, and could barely keep the car going straight, and caused some minor damage to my car.
    As I'm going round I keep requesting a pit, but now I'm not getting the conformation screen at all. But I had no choice this time, as I clearly wasn't going to be able to do another lap. So I entered the pits.
    So without getting any conformation I could pit, I was able to pit, see pic below. 20210726133919_1.jpg So now I come out of the pits in P19, effectively loosing 12 positions for no fault of my own. I got no text saying pit window was occupied, and further on in the race I had to change back to slicks, and guess what, no matter how many times I requested a pit stop, nothing showed up on screen to confirm I could. But again not really having any choice I took the plunge and was fortunate enough to actually pit and change my tyres.

So this glitch or bug cost me big time in points and 12 positions on track, for a league race that I put in hours of practice before hand. Nobody else had the same in the race, but one of my fellow racers reported that his conformation changed to pit window occupied. but alas mine didn't change, and as I said no further requests gave me any confirmation what so ever.

Talking to another one of my fellow racers, this seems to be a bug carried over from PC2. :(

So please team Reiza, please address this issue. You guys have done a Stella job so far with what you've achieved, but this is clearly a game breaker situation.

Many thanks for your time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brian Paterson

Brian Paterson New Member

To add to this the whole request pit stop bit has never really worked for me, you can pit without it and your crew are waiting and it would be nice to have a confirmation on hud when you do request it as it just gets met with silence. Maybe the ingame spotter acknowledges but CrewChief doesnt?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glen Orpheus

Actually Brian Crew Chief does acknowledge, or at least it did for Mike in that race. See video mate.
    But again no confirmation on screen.

4. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

do you guys have your ui hidden? when I request a pitstop I get confirmation via crew chief, but also if I have the ui enabled a pitboard pops up on the right hand side of my screen. But yeah generally I just drive into the pits whenever I feel like it because it doesn't seem to matter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Paterson

Brian Paterson New Member

That’s all inside CrewChief though with Mike using voice recognition, it’s not part of the sim. Maybe it’s a VR thing, but I use the directional pad to alter or set strategy and to request a stop and when you select that there is no confirmation in game that it acknowledges the request. I’ll have to look at HUD options again - maybe I’ve switched something off but I get other messages in the headset.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One of the many bugs that makes practicing for a league race in AMS2 a huge potential waste of time. Reiza really needs to step up the game when it comes down to polishing this sort of thing, it really hurts...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Glen Orpheus

No I have mine on for that very reason. I use crew chief also, and it worked the first time. after that I got zero conformation from AMS2 or crew chief :(