1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer - What about your promise Reiza?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Robert Gerke, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

Dear developers,

sorry, but I think this caricature speaks for a lot of waiting and disappointed drivers worldwide. That's not how we imagined it. I've been waiting every month for over 1 year. Everything is being worked on, but the changelog almost never says anything about multiplayer. I am frustrating!

Sorry, but you have to endure this criticism. Even if AMS2 is great, but unfortunately still not useful for league racing. :(

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    • Agree x 7
    • Like x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

From the April 2021 Dev Blog: Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

It's not much... but it's not forgotten. Independently of what you believe to be a priority, Reiza are the ones setting their development schedule.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah and there are still enough possibilities to have good races online

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

Exactly I've been having good to great online races almost every night.
    I do play on evenings South America/North America time, so might be different for people in Europe.

5. Roy Niessink

I stream it on twitch and do open lobbies in my stream several evenings a week, mostly i try to start at 21:00 cet and get reasonably filled lobbies, between 10 to 20 people, also depends on track/car combo

6. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

Yeah man I was on it last night with the FUSCA at Donnington. Great fun, thanks for hosting!

• Like Like x 3
  7. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What are you looking for? It may be helpful to list this out in a bit more detail and why. They've made massive improvements to MP by allowing hosts to make changes to ongoing lobbies recently. The netcode and rating system are being worked on as noted above. The pops are still down, but noticeably better.

The rating system will be huge IMHO, especially if there is a rating hit upon dropping mid race, which happens all too frequently. People will be more inclined to stick around for the next race and get better with the car.

8. Roy Niessink

Yeah it was, i try to change it everytime, ams2 has so much fun and good cars and tracks, i try to mix & match a bit, glad you liked it, will be doing some lobbies tonight i think

• Like Like x 1
  9. Robert Gerke

look here => https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/ams2-beta-multiplayer-feedback-reports.9127/

Please take a look at all the suggestions for improvement and errors that we have found and reported.

we have collected almost 30 pages and numerous errors and missing features. And that for over a year! Many functions have been standard in all simulations for years (RF2, iRacing, AMS1, RRE or AC and ACC)

I can only repeat myself again and again, this mutiplayer mode is currently not suitable for leagues and Reiza knows that verry well. But thay are silent and
    express not a piece of the detailed information for the needet features in detail for a very long time. For me, this means that Reiza will never change or improve it any more, the same style like SMS Project Cars 1 and 2. Never ending Story.

It's just so sad !!! :(

PS:Sorry for the bad Google English, but you already know that from me ;-)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

11. Roy Niessink

Yeah he posted a link to the beta forum, which you have to be part of, otherwise you cant see it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Referring to a post in the Beta Forum isn't helpful since most people here don't have access to the Beta Forum. What is helpful, however, is Renato's statement in the April Development update:

"The much-anticipated Multiplayer Rating System remains on the backburner for now as we work through these priority tasks, but it´s soon to be back in the agenda for a Q3 or Q4 release."

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Roy Niessink

Yeah i personally really hope they nail it when they do release it, i rather wait a couple months longer and have a really good working system, then to have them rush it and its full of bugs.

There is still a lot of fun you can have online atm, there is so many content to choose from, i like to pick some more unknown cars which makes it good fun

14. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

Well said.

15. Scoops

Scoops Member

Is your issue that it’s not happened yet or that they have prioritised work you aren’t interested in?
    If the first then that’s down to them being a small team not being able to do everything at once. If it’s the second then that’s down to them making commercial decisions in what they see as the best benefit for their organisation.

Can you link to the promise you say was made?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my view, the MP is being an impediment to the growth of the user base, I think everyone is aware of this, including Reiza.

I do some random weekly races on www.justrace.net and I feel good. Can I live with it? yes I can but of course it would be much better to have a fully integrated system, ranked and that each race had a purpose (increase Safe Rate)

In MP, it is possible to say that we are in a worse condition than we had in ams1 and that is why I understand the disappointment of some reizalovers. In 2021 we have a less secure MP, less informative, difficult to broadcast, without ranking... that is, it is below what existed in ams1.

Would love to see where Reiza wanna be with the "ugly duck"s ams2

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There’s no reason to assume Reiza have abandoned MP development.
    They’ve improve lobby functionality, included more information on the lobby before joining and on the startup screen, allowed you to refresh the lobby screen, they’ve changed the time allowed to join an ongoing lobby. They’ve made statements saying driver profiles and MPRS are on the way, are working on netcode and looking to implement better flags and maybe safety cars. They’ve stated that driver swaps are a bigger coding issue.

AMS2 is one of the easiest as far as lobby creation. Anyone can do it and Leagues are existing just fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Multiplayer development is on the radar.
    There is a process of getting the handle on the issues to tackle them properly.

Unfortunately some things need time to get the gears in the gearbox mesh properly. Each foundation has its weaknesses and this system is certainly having known issues, that aren't graved in stone at this point tho, and it's certainly not a point of "don't care about it" but applying the nutcracker, that fits the nut and using the system with its best possibilities. :)

Most important: Multiplayer gets some attention, you can be sure about that. Here it's a new system for the developer to be explored in the right way to be understood sufficiently to answer with the right measures. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Robert Gerke

Dear Renato,

Another 4 months, or rather 16 weeks, have passed.

You probably prefer Renato to know that we multiplayer drivers and league drivers are still longingly waiting for the improvement of the MP, right?

But why do I still not read a single word about optimizing the MP in the CHANGELOG after another 4 months of your announcement?

Please be honest, when are you going to revise and improve the MP intensively?

We have given you enough suggestions for improvement and errors for 18 months!

Please, Honestly Renato, when ???

(Sorry, google Translation ;))

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

As I said in the other thread, a new Dev Blog is coming in a few days. It will touch on the MP Rating System. Maybe it will talk about more. Keep an eye on the news.

• Agree Agree x 3