1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

That post is not as clear as you believe.

For example, it includes a .zip collection described as "all latest files for all wheel bases" (https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/rfuktor-tunes2-zip.16139/). That makes this sound easy. However, (1) the files in that .zip do not include version numbers, and (2) the .zip folder does not contain several other files that are also included at the bottom of the post.

For example, the post also includes a direct download link for "Silver Raw rFuktor 4.6 Bug fix update / High end file" (https://forum.reizastudios.com/atta...ngs-silver-raw-rfuktor-4-6-bug-fix-txt.15748/). Is this the same as the "Original High End File" in the .zip under a different title? Is it different? I cannot tell, and the post does not include an explanation.

If the files are different, why does the .zip say it includes "all latest files" when it actually does not? Perhaps the "4.6 bug fix" file is now out of date? If so, why is it still included at the bottom of the post? The post does not include a history of all previous versions, so it's hard for me to know why this one was still included while others have been discarded. Is 4.6 considered experimental, and the "latest" files in the .zip are actually older? Again, I cannot know for sure.

Similarly, the post includes a file named "Silver Raw muscleFuktor high end file"(https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/ffb_custom_settings-musclefuktor-updated-txt.15356/). This file is also excluded from the .zip package (or has been renamed). Is it out of date, or is it still considered worth trying? Why is the file included at the bottom of the post rather than the .zip?

Even by reading through the entire thread, these types of questions are difficult to answer but can be quickly resolved by someone who has been involved throughout the process.

(Part of my confusion is that I upgraded most of my gear and changed my wheel base this month. I was comfortable using a particular set of files with my old low/mid-range wheel base, but now I am starting over trying the high-end files and it's hard to know where to start or how far back I should be looking. In the past, I didn't need to devote much energy to following those discussions, because they did not apply to me.)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  2. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I honestly I still dont know what the difference between "rFuktor" and "Musclefuktor" is, and what their relationship to "silver raw" is. Maybe with 15 minutes of reading through the thread I could easily figure it out, but that's enough to have someone new just forget about the whole thing and move on, which is a shame because I know people have worked really hard on these.

I see a half dozen collections of random files all labeled "ffb_custom_settings.txt", some with labels for certain wheelbases, different recommended settings, sliders with varying functions different from the in-game labels with different versions, and they're all more or less jumbled together without much explanation as to which anyone should choose. Surely there's a better way to present these?

I know they're being provided for free, it's not that I expect everything to include a user's manual, but people are putting work in because they want others to enjoy it. The way it's presented right now is not at all conducive to getting anyone to try it out. Just add a brief description of how to choose what file you want. What are we looking at? Do we go "rFuktor" or "MuscleFuktor"? Which version should we be looking at? Are the new ones all experimental and unpolished? Or are all the old versions buggy and unpolished?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@InfernalVortex
    @bmerrell

Sorry but I'm not entitled to reply for you both.
    I'm only a happy user from about AMS2 1.1.xx or so and all I can say is that the original Reiza config was and is good to me but "Silver Raw - rFuktor 4.6 - Momentum Rack 6.3 - Karsten with Shadak & Panos - High end file Featuring Santos & tUMi" is far superior to my likings.

Edit:
    While not entitled to, I can`t resist to say some.

People live in a huge and maybe reading cost too much to them. And even me as a second language english reader can understand this thread. So it`s up to you.
    I think it dont hurt if you try any version to feel yourself if it worth as the config can be easily reversed if you dont like the mod version.
    I suppose you have tried, am I rigth? If not try the Original high-end file included at he very first rFuktor-tunes2.zip

Edit 2:
    I myself suppose this topic is kind of a DIY for simracing.
    The basics are offered by Karsten, some others add modifications for their bases or their preferences and the user have the final word.

4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

It goes like this yo, 4.5 / musclefuktor / 4.6 (the latest i think).
    The rFuktor was a hint to rFactor2 feeling of some of the physical aspects of FFB. Musclefuktor was because of Gemermuscle guy who was talking a lot about a custom file :) just a bit of fun.

Just use whatever the latest is in the Post#2. Yes, Karsten could just post 1 file in the post but some people still prefer the previous ones and this gives new guys a chance to try more of them. Plus the information provided is quite important as the file changes behaviour of sliders, arguably making them more useful :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

^ This type of statement is helpful and informative. Thank you.

^ This is type of attitude is not helpful. We posted genuine questions asking for clarification and advice. If you don't want to help us, you are under no obligation to reply at all. You can remain silent while other, more generous people like Shadak provide advice. Replying several times suggesting that we read the thread (while you ignore our specific questions) is counterproductive, because it does nothing to advance the conversation and instead simply adds more spam posts that other people are forced to wade through.

^ Thank you so much! This is very helpful and is much appreciated. I'll focus on the latest release and version 4.6, then try MuscleFuktor as a backup.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. InfernalVortex

This thread is 168 pages. Even if I was able to glance through every page in 15 seconds, that's still 40 minutes of reading.

Again, Im not trying to complain, just suggesting that a little organization/clarity on the original post could potentially help save a lot of people some confusion or just time, and maybe even motivate some people to really enjoy AMS2 in ways that they otherwise wouldn't.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I understand your pain, I did find the same situation with trying to work out pc2 custom files when late to the party, info overload.
    I did suggest some time ago , that most of the pages prior to the rFuktor series where no longer all that relevant and it would be good to split away, but it’s probably too late for that. But at the same token , since about rFuktor 4.4 to 4.6 , things have kinda peaked and been stable in terms of updates or changes.

That said I’m in process of finalising a tune that will hopefully improve the experience for some that may be struggling with some Leary cars, like the Rsr.
    Will upload a zip file later today with some options to try.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mostly it's just a question of tidying up the first two posts. No need for in-jokes (muscleFuktor), deprecated files, or links to downloads meant for Project CARS2(!!!). Just download links to the main file + tuned versions and a basic explanation of which version is the most current one.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. newtonpg

Thank you Kuku! I'm still appreciating the last file you upped and deleted some days after :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kuku Maddog

Hi All
    New rfuktor "Delta" tune incoming

After struggling with the leery RSR and other oversteery and heavy cars , I have been trying to get the feeling of oversteer and weight shift to feel more in sync.

I come to the realization that Karsten's brilliant momentum rack was having two different scaled signal forces acting on it that are essentially two sides of the same coin, Oversteer and Yaw.
    Both have a direct influence on the other in motion ,that effect our variously expensive but ultimately toy wheels ( that are trying to blend arm and seat of the pants feelings), in a similar way.

In this tune I have made the signals the same with neither being dominate and both still providing a strong influence on the rack .
    Combined with a couple of other important signals or influences to the rack , which is what we are trying to be connected too the most before sensory ffb info being added underneath.

I feel like this has been successful and the rack is self correcting in a more natural balanced way and not fighting against or being out of step.
    The wheel feels tight, smooth and solid with progressive strength on my wheel anyway.

I have put together a Zip including easy copy and paste options to compare various options, not limiting to just t300 users, including ..

** The original rFuktor 4.6 untouched.
    ** Original rFuktor 4.6 with core Delta elements altered.
    ** rFuktor 4.6 T300 personal tune
    ** rFuktor 4.4 T300 tune ( a personal old favorite )

** rFuktor 4.6 Delta-X ( added 15/8, new personal tune )

Mileage will vary depending on taste and wheel base etc, Its fairly easy to find your best settings, I have added guide in file header, but basically power steering ( damper) probably wont be used much and gain is the main thing to find your preferred strength range with. . plus you can adjust per car while in session of course., but its a case of just trusting in the Momentum Rack and appreciating the differences in physics of each car.

If one person finds this helpful , its all worth it. :), if you hate it and it sucks ..thats fine , no cost to anyone eh , and there's other options.

Kia Kaha to all the creators, tuners, tweaker's and feedback givers.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Did anyone try if we are able to use different kinds of ffb files or values in the same ffb.txt depending on the chosen controller profile?

12. newtonpg

Just installed and did a quick test with StockCar2021 and Porsche RSR at Bathrust.
    Tested with Stock Car 2021 and Porsche RSR at Bathrust.
    It became a instant new standard to me, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  13. InfernalVortex

Im not a big fan of adding unrealistic "yaw" feelings to the force feedback. I prefer something that captures mostly only what would actually be transferred to the wheel, and for the reasons you mentioned @Kuku Maddog Mainly because it's just what I'm used to. Is there a particular recommendation in that case?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

Thanks for this, those files are so much better, even for G27.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaReaLDeviL

DaReaLDeviL www.RacePlace.de

With the latest update and a Simucube 2 Pro - setting range like in the 4.6 files I get a lot it jittering and crazy wheel action. Does anybody encounter the same problems or something simular?

16. Kuku Maddog

perhaps something to do with new tire treads, some of the cars like the vintage lotus 23 have picked up off putting road vibes, and feel like solid rubber tires.
    I find 4.6 far more sensitive to bumps and texture than previous versions like 4.4

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Thanks for the effort. A few questions;
    Do all these files use damping slider as damping slider? And what in game ffb settings do you use?

18. newtonpg

Your questions are answered into each ffb_custom_settings.txt lines 15 to 23 :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Kuku Maddog

Trust you found what you were looking for , but please remember there’s no right or wrong way. the files allow a lot of flexibility.
    i can run some gt cars like the amg gt3 etc with zero power steering but need a little on others in the range of 10-20 usually.
    but then something like the RSR i need more just to not have its sway over power my loose grip ,
    and some cars can be run with 100 gain and 100 power steering and feel pretty good .
    it’s all about experimenting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg You’ve been very quiet as of late…this usually means some massive FFB update is coming lol.

• Like Like x 1