1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Really like what you did with this new update, nice work.
    I also found some time to tweak the Delta file and make a mix with Stakanov and my values and it really helps feeling the car more natural.
    I tested on the new Porsche RSR and compared to previous files the car feels much better and easier to drive. I also was able to lower my TT lap at Laguna Seca by more than 1.5 sec. Definitely my go to file now.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi All

A new personal go to tune for me, Its a bit of a mash up of 4.6 with some cues from 4.4, which I was flip flopping with.
    It features more smoothing over 4.6 to alleviate some roughness post update to treads etc and a new philosophy implemented.o_O

This will feel different than the others. give it time to adjust.:whistle:
    Its far more oriented towards the front end and realistic wheel movement without as much driving from the rear end or being dictated too by rear tire forces as previous.
    the way the wheel behaves in certain situations feel more natural, for example entry oversteer is something you needed to fight off before, now you just relax your hands ( and the brake ) let the car come to you .
    you will feel it regain balance and grip.

This is working really well across many different cars and I'm running no power steering on most , its probably more a low end or belt wheel base set up, with a number of less commonly changed scales altered after some interesting experimentation , but can easily be adapted .

Happy race weekend.:D

*edit, High end version added to zip

Edit Delta-X_ version 2 added ( the fix )

Edit 08/12/21
    Files amended for bugs and archived in Zip file in My signature.
    Delta - S is now preferred tune and easiest to adjust.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow fantastic work Kuku!! I've been trying to figure this out for a long time! Now with your
    mod can get a more realistic feeling during oversteer slides without the excessive wheel pull throwing off the timing. Also thanks for making versions of the file for us DD drivers as well as your T300. Diggin it! Thank you.

4. Kuku Maddog

Thanks , it was remiss of me not to do the same with Delta-X, so have added that above and in original delta post.
    its still very good on my t300 without extra personalization.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Well done, Kuku. ;) The original rFuktor 4.6 high end file with core Delta elements altered works like a dream on my Simucube 2 Sport DD wheelbase. It is my favourite custom FFB file at the moment, I even prefer it over the original unmodified rFuktor 4.6 file. :)

Also thanks for adding the high end file to your Delta-X package, I will try the Delta-X high end file tomorrow, I'll let you know then how it feels on my wheelbase.

Anyway, your file with the core Delta elements altered helped me to achieve another world record in AMS2 Time Trial mode after four months of break from AMS2. :) This time it was on Laguna Seca, I managed to beat the old WR by one second, which felt very satisfying. Links to the screenshots are below along with my in-game FFB settings and True Drive settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7edky9zr...una_seca_tumi_world_record_15-08-21.png?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7rtkaf0r..._seca_tumi_personal_record_15-08-21.png?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuzdpiyn0..._world_record_15-08-21_ffb_settings.png?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xumclzn16..._15-08-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_1.png?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4afnwkscb..._15-08-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_2.png?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wna5ieajl..._15-08-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_3.png?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ird2y2ps..._15-08-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_4.png?raw=1

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Wow, Kuku! You really did hit the sweet spot with your high end Delta-X tune version. It feels so natural! The biggest difference for me compared to the previous Delta tune is that catching slides have become easier thanks to the more natural feel which makes pushing cars to their limits more enjoyable. :)

I tested your Delta-X tuned high end file with various GTE car and track combinations - for example, the Corvette C8.R GTE on Laguna Seca, the Porsche 911 RSR GTE on Jerez Moto and the BMW M8 GTE on Nurburgring GP. Each of those combinations with the high end Delta-X tuned file felt just awesome. :)

I also tested it with the Formula V12 which is still my favourite car in AMS2 and oh boy, how well the high end Delta-X tuned file does it's job on this particular car. In fact it did so well that I even managed to improve the world record lap time on Laguna Seca in AMS2 Time Trial mode by one and a half tenths of a second which I've been holding since yesterday evening (did that with your previous high end file that had the Delta core elements altered). :)

http://www.dropbox.com/s/fadgrxsygdm4blm/ams2_f-v12_laguna_seca_tumi_world_record_16-08-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/snntdfbret..._seca_tumi_personal_record_16-08-21.png?raw=1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

I had to tune down the kerbs a little bit as my arms almost rattled of my body

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

@Kuku Maddog

I like the Delta X High End file a lot. Under-steer / over-steer response feels more natural and suits my DD-wheel settings very well. It's pretty amazing how such differences affect our perception of car handling in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kuku Maddog

what wheel are you using Lars?
    if a thrustmaster you might like to try running default control panel settings with spring and damper on etc.

I have trouble deciding what way to run it .

10. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

High end files great with a t500rs best file ever thanks for your hard work

11. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Simucube 2 Pro
    I use almost the same settings as tumi but with gain at 27

• Like Like x 1
  12. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great work Kuku! I adapted your 4.6 DeltaX values over to my G920 and it works smooth, gives me all the info I need, and it's transparent to the point that I don't really even think about the FFB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Hi @Peter Stefani, I have a G25, got curious about experimenting your adjustments. Would you mind to share your G920 file?

14. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I got a g29 and would like to try it too!

15. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Kuku Maddog

I see , well you have a lot of power in those things .
    you might find some cars that are quite stiff and have a bit of downforce that pushes down on the front loading, causing excessive mid-high speed corner bump effects, particularly noticeable on historic tracks with GTE's etc.

One or two things you might like to experiment with is lowering the Bump weight .
    (bump_feel_follow_weight 0.0)

and slight softening the tire stiffness.
    (tyre_deform_stiff 1.20)

ideal values will vary depending on tastes and wheel..
    These are just a couple of things I'm finding helpful as I fine tune my personal preset.

17. Kuku Maddog

your tunes always throw up some really interesting and inspirational effects scales, that delve deeper than i ever think off.
    i look forward trying out some to see what happens.

18. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Kuku...ive been hesitant to change FFB files after finding one I like, so its been 4 months but @AndreiC recommended I give yours a try and ...wow. when people say it feels natural...they are so right!! its unreal. How you do this is unbelievable to me. I'm driving which such better precision out of the box. Its like "oh, there's the corner apex...bing, there's the next one...bing...next.one...bing..."... Thank you!

I bumped up the forces because I like to muscle up when driving, but thats it. just some slider tweaking.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Kuku Maddog

It’s all really just what happens if I press this button.;)
    Seeing how it feels, and testing the limits of values, not that different to what you do with set ups.

Also looking down the file and seeing how it flows through various effects to try to decode the complexity for understanding.
    I’ve read it so many times it’s almost starting to make sense. o_O

I’ve possibly found some other gains here and there that I’m just discovering.
    We have just gone into full lockdown for second time ever so having fun trying to see what else is there.

ultimately it’s for my own benefit, but doesn’t hurt to share. :whistle:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mr. K

Mr. K Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a way to enhance the brake feeling more as where in the weight transfer forward is more explicit?

Code:
    # Dynamic adjustment to brake feel based on car weight
    #

(brake_weight_scale           (/ 500 (/ (+ corner_FL corner_FR) 9.8)))
    (brake_weight_scale           (+ 1 (* brake_feel_follow_weight (- brake_weight_scale 1))))
    (brake_feel                   (/ brake_feel brake_weight_scale))

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021