1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also have the t300rs, i use the default ffb settings and it feels fine to me, latest driver and firmware installed

2. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As starting point use the Porsche GTE with these settings

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roy Jones

Roy Jones New Member

Hello. Anyone know if it's possible to feel understeer through ffb in this game. I mean the steering going light when the grip is going- on long corners for example.I get a lightness on oversteer everytime. I've tried various custom ffb files and combinations of settings . It's just a constant force no matter what you're doing in the corner and you really just have to look and listen for clues for grip loss. I'm on csw2.5 . Thanks!

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I feel a lightness when it is throttle-induced under steer...when I am pushing the car off the edge of the track or if the topography is assisting in that regard. When it is ploughing off the edge of the corner, usually with brakes on coming in too hot, I feel the extra weight on the front tires. This seems to me to be sensible and appropriate. Under steer doesn't automatically produce a light wheel.

If you are in fast sweeping corners with little aero assistance and the car is sliding towards the outside edge of the corner due to excess speed, the loss of weight in the wheel will depend where you are in that transition from grip to loss of grip. If you are feeling not much of any use, your wheel settings may be causing clipping. Lots of CSW 2.5 users here, so if you share your settings, I am sure others will chime-in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Roy Jones

Roy Jones New Member

Thanks for reply. Yes, I should clarify that its just a lack of information about what's happening with the tires in the corner . Just a steady constant 'weight ' is about the best way to describe it , with no useful details. Not clipping either as I drive with graph on to make sure . Cannot get a feel for this game . Played for over 70 hours and I'm disappearing down that pcars 2 rabbit hole of settings ...

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

As a test crank brake bias forward and stomp the brakes to lock up and feel if it gets light then.
    I lost the light understeer feel for a while and this test or driving and braking hard on grass was my test to find the feeling. Crank up FX to 100 and test again, slowly bring FX down once you test and find the feeling again.

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I disagree and need/use this light feeling to know when understeer occurs. The wheel loads up with grip and once I go past grip the wheel gets lighter. This is my main need from all sim. ams2 has this, Reiza did something a while ago and it was gone...got me worried but FX and updates bought it back.

8. Marc Collins

I meant in real life, not in the/a sim.

9. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Does anyone have recommendations on the Fanatec CSL DD?
    I'm sure AMS2 is about to be saturated with users of these wheels, as they begin to roll out.

I received mine yesterday but only had time for a quick spin with default settings.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jussis

jussis Member AMS2 Club Member

I configured settings based on the recommendations found from here Automobilista 2 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings and those feel good.

I made switch from T500 and the FFB really came alive with CSL DD. Only change I made was I lowered gain inside AMS2 a little bit as the forces were quite strong for my liking with exactly as in recommendations.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. MAXLEC1633

MAXLEC1633 New Member

Can anyone tell me how to set up the base of Simagic direct drive about FFB?

12. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll give them a try.
    Any ideas on what compatibility mode does, and if it restricts anything?

13. jussis

jussis Member AMS2 Club Member

My understanding is that compatibility mode tells wheel base to act as CSW2.5 so that all the simulators can identify the wheel base and send correct signals. Basically you have to press power button on wheel base shortly until indicator on the button turns yellow. Red is PC mode and green is XBOX mode. Yellow is CSW2.5 compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode is recommended until developers add native support for CSL DD.

14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I do get a strange ffb feeling with the lotus23 and the mini 1965. As if the cars feel damaged and broken. Do you guys have the same issue? That feeling is only with those 2 cars btw

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  15. Marc Collins

No.

There is a slight "lumpiness" to the tires when cold that gets transmitted through the FFB...I always noticed that on the F-Trainer in the past, too. But in general, they feel as they should and no issues with FFB here. I'd take some more powerful brakes for the 23, though ;)

But FFB settings and wheel hardware could easily affect this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. mT-Sara

mT-Sara New Member

Hello, Simagic Alpha Mini is not recognized as such by AMS 2. To be able to adjust the Alpha Mini with GT4 steering wheel you really need nerves and a lot of patience. When will that be fixed?

17. Matt_EU

Matt_EU New Member

Is there an update when AMS2 starts recognizing CSL DD?

18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can use the custom option rather than the pre-set while hopefully the CSL gets added to the list.. May be slightly more annoying when you have to set it up but then it will work normally as any other pre-set

19. Matt_EU

Matt_EU New Member

What's the difference when you are choosing the wheel type (don't remember what's it called) in the menu "DD1, CSL,..."? Just button presets? If that's it, then it's no problem.

20. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I’ve used both custom and Fanatec with my DD1, and there is no difference in force feedback. It’s just the button mapping.