1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Rev FFB?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DaveC187, Sep 8, 2021.

1. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

So, I was messing around with a few custom FFB files and first thing I noticed immediately after installing a custom FFB file, was my engine revs were now felt through my wheel (among other noticeable changes). I realize the custom FFB file affects this change, but when I revert back to Default FFB file, I feel zero FFB through my wheel with engine revs (the Default FFB has always been this way for me). I remember reading that FX setting is supposed to affect this, but even at FX=100, I feel no FFB on my wheel during engine revs. It got me wondering if my Default FFB file is not correct or if this is something that is only felt with custom FFB files?
    Is there a way to re-download the Default FFB file? To reset my Default FFB, I have been deleting the FFB in my Documents to have a new Default created on game start-up.
    I have a CSL 1.1 wheel base.
    Does anyone with the same wheel base feel engine revs with Default FFB file? Does anyone with other wheel bases feel engine revs with Default FFB file?
    I'm also wondering if it may have something to do with my wheel base firmware version? Not sure if that would matter since I can feel it in custom FFB files.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What is your FEI set to (if this one is avaiable in your Fanatec Tuning Menu)

3. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

FEI = 60
    Anything higher and I feel "clunky" FFB over bumps / curbs, etc.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah agree. I had a CSL and higher FEI feels a bit like "loose stones" (SuperGT Steve once fittingly described it this way) in this base, which is a shame really for such an expensive product.

But lowering the FEI does reduce high frequency detail and cuts some abilities of it unfortunately, which could lead to the subtle engine rumble being swallowed in the default FFB. For a test you could still try setting FEI to 100, if it reveals more engine rumble.

(Btw. the engine effect also depends on what kind of engine you have in the car, the effect is actually not canned, but coming from the physics, so a smooth running engine type like a flat 6 will likely give less vibrations, than a rough big V8, for example)

If you are satisfied with the custom FFB file function, use it, that's actually the big advantage of the system, that you can find better settings for different hardware. If you are unsure, if your FFB defaults correctly under the custom FFB setting, make a steam verification of your files. I think the game should recreate the appropriate default file if you removed it, tho. :)

You could also try Fanatecs newest firmware (motor firmware can feel wonky later than 22 for me with CSL and CSW, but who knows. Newest WB firmware should do its job, tho) of course, it sometimes makes differences.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

I tried FEI at 100 and still no engine rev vibrations, on several cars tested. FX=100. Nothing. Maybe my wheel base doesn't produce that frequency? I am also on 22 motor firmware and their latest "approved" Driver Firmware (412) still shows motor firmware at 22. I am going to download the latest driver just to see if there is any difference. Thanks.