1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet view

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by alink, Sep 16, 2021.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the helmet view but is there any reason why the helmet covers half the view?
    If comparing visor sizes with real life, it doesn't make sense.
    AMS2: helmet on
    helmet.jpg
    AMS2: helmet off
    nohelmet.jpg
    Formula 1 in 2000
    4e797467caafef175585b212746ddb6b.jpg
    Formula 1 in 1980
    R.jpg
    Formula 1 in 1970
    2BB.jpg

In earlier builds of AMS2 the helmet coverd less.
    In that view it is hardly possible to see the dashboard and track at the same time.

When driving (super)karts, the view is like I would expect it:
    helmet_SK.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  2. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

As your eyes are only a couple of CM from the visor, if you were looking straightforward you are unlikely to see the helmet at all - unless you shift your eyes and specifically try to see the helmet. The brain is great at filtering out peripheral stuff it doesn't want to see (like the frames of your specs) as well last tricking you into thinking you can see things you can't actually see (optic nerve blind spot).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alink

Right, and that's why the view. like it is with karts, is more as real life, imho. I just wonder why REIZA changed it to that. The original helmet view was like it is with the karts.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The og helmet had issues with rain showing through solid parts, so I guess when "fixing" that (they didn't, it still has issues) they rebuilt the whole thing making it bigger in the process.

5. alink

I think the helmet / visor is just a graphical overlay, so is it possible to change?