1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, i will keep on monitoring this though, was a very strange issue, also had the issue that people didn't see the server, or just after they restarted their game, but that all seems fixed now

2. Roy Niessink

Hi all,

I am having an issue last 2 nights i tried to run races using my dedicated server, the issue is that i had one guy joining, but apparantley it was invisible to others or unjoinable, when i tried to open a normal lobby people joined instantly.

Has anyone here experienced the same issue, port forwarding is done correctly, i think this issue occured since the last update maybe, never had issues before that.

Thnx in advance

3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Server full?

4. Roy Niessink

No, server set to max 26 people, and only 2 are in, even when its full it should be at least visible in the lobby list, it is very strange

5. Wolfgang Herold

6. Wolfgang Herold

i dont remember, but full server could be .
    Did you set 26 in a open server and then in the session configuration too.
    Or was it a fixed configuration done with lua.
    If you forget it in the session configuration and you had e.g. a testsession before with only one client (you) and the rest is AI or AI disabled, then nobody can participate, though maxgrid is high opponennt.JPG

7. Roy Niessink

Thnx for the reply,

I use a fixed setup, without lua, max connection/clients set to 26, i use the webconfig to setup the server, not through the game, i will however doublecheck the ai settings, but dont think that will be the issue, but will have a look, thnx for the suggestion

8. Wolfgang Herold

yep.
    max grid, max human users and max AI are sometimes confusing

9. Roy Niessink

I will test it out again monday evening, i will post my findings in here.

10. Jimmy.79

Jimmy.79 New Member

Hello all,

first thank you so much Reiza for the great job you do!

i actually experiment the http API to change on the fly some session attributes by using the /api/session/set_attributes?session_XXXX=YYYY

where XXXX is the session attribute which has a readwrite access defined from the /api/list/attributes/session, YYYY the value to set according to the attribute type

by this way i can manage :
    - RaceDateYear, RaceDateMonth, RaceDateDay RaceDateHour, which is taken in account during a stage before the race (qualify for example)
    - PracticeLength, QualifyLength, RaceLength, which is taken in account only to the lobby
    - xxxWeatherSlots and xxxWeatherSlot1, 2, 3, 4, which is taken in account only to the lobby
    - OpponentDifficulty, which is taken only to the lobby

==> i use lua rotation files to set the server attributes and now i can change the above attributes on the fly if needed without restarting the dedicated server

but...

from the /api/list/attributes/session there are many more attributes with the readwrite access and some of them don't seem to be taken in account :
    - MaxPlayers
    - GridSize
    - Flags
    ==> to control the number of bots for example

from the lua rotation file :
    - "Flags" : "FILL_SESSION_WITH_AI, ...
    - "GridSize" : 20,
    - "MaxPlayers" : 10,
    ==> so 10 bots in games : OK

but if i use the /api/session/set_attributes?session_MaxPlayers=15, to kick some bots for example, nothing happens : when i am to the lobby or during a started stage, or when i switch to the next stage, when i switch to the next session

and nothing happens when i use the /api/session/set_attributes?session_Flags=xxxx, where xxxx is the sum of all flags defined from the lua rotation file - 131072 (the value of FILL_SESSION_WITH_AI) to kick all bots for example

by "nothing happens" i mean there is no expected values changed when i use the /api/session/status?attributes or in game

anyone has an idea?
    or theese attributes haven't the readwrite access as defined from the /api/list/attributes/session?

thank you all =)
    Jimmy

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  11. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Found a bug with the server results json output. Apparently the server doesn't drop invalidated laps and still counts those as fastest laps. We saw the issue on Simresults.net.

Result 210930-4wa - Taruma_Internacional - RMsolo Main Race Server - Automobilista 2 - Simresults

Under Race 2 results, you can see position 12 got the fastest lap however in the race his fastest lap was invalidated for cuts/hitting the wall as can be seen below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wondering if this can be fixed during the next server release.

12. Wolfgang Herold

i checked your results.
    The fault is on simresults.
    Though they flagged lap17 from MuffinRacing with a cut detection, they took this lap as best lap. That is definitely wrong.
    Try to inform simresults devs.
    Its on them.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  13. DaWorstPlaya

Thanks for the info!

14. Dams

Dams Member

No news release server ?

15. Roy Niessink

No, most likely all they have done is add the new tracks to it, i sincerely doubt it that there will be more changes

16. Dams

Dams Member

Thanks

17. Jimmy.79

Jimmy.79 New Member

Hello all
    Sorry for my bad english, i don't know if i was clear... or should i abandon the hope to have an answer? :((
    See you on the game ;)
    Jimmy

18. DaWorstPlaya

Ok it seems the server has added a few additional features in the GUI (*very very nice* Borat accent). Does anyone know the flag to use in the server.cfg file for the "Damage Scale" option? I would like to set that in the server.cfg file instead of changing it everytime in the GUI. Thanks in advance.

upload_2021-10-4_16-23-4.png

19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Check the changelog in the DS folder :)

Code:
    2021-08-30
    ----------

- Added vehicles: C3 / C3 R
        - Added support for disabling pitstop refuelling ("DisablePitstopRefuelling" - Prevents refuelling during pitstops when set to 1)
        - Added support for timed races to have 1 full lap appended after the race time expires ("RaceExtraLap" - When enabled an extra full lap will be added to the race distance of timed races. Set to 0/1 to disable/enable.)
        - Added Option to scale vehicle damage ("DamageScale" - Scales the forces required to damage/detach parts when vehicle damage is enabled. Valid values (percentages) are multiples of 25 between 25 and 200. Invalid values will round down to nearest valid value. Defaults to 100 when unset)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. DaWorstPlaya

Thanks so much for sharing, I didn't know that. Worked like a charm, much appreciated. Took a while but I'm finally getting the hang of running a DS server. I really hope multi-class gridding comes out in a new release sometime in the near future. Fingers crossed.