Automobilista - October Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2016.

1. hyperden

hyperden New Member

This is awesome! :) great work.

2. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's what I got. If that's indeed all we need, some clarification of this for G27 and earlier users in the original post would be nice. I won't be the last asking about it the way its worded and linked now!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I think the link on first post is about the G29...plus an advice to G 25/27 users to do the same...;)

Or @gongo made a miracle? :p

4. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not the brightest fella and I usually dislike people nitpicking about the same thing over and over and over on a site like this, but the way its worded now with where the link is and no mention of 15.10 or different versions anywhere? It sure seems like the "do the same" you're talking about is that they're suggesting us G27 users upgrade to that "latest" software (8.88.30) that is not compatible with our wheels. Confusion before the real confusion of when its implemented sets in. That's all I'm saying. And heck, I'm still pointlessly partially nervous that's what they mean still since its not clear to me. Luckily any update should go up on the beta branch first and I can test it and then rest my weary head when it all works fine without a hitch. But some editing would be nice. :p

"This however will require all users on Logitech wheels to upgrade to their latest software - even those running older models like G25 or G27, so those running Logitech gear please be advised to upgrade in time for v1.15 release."

vs something like;

"This however will require all users on Logitech wheels to upgrade to their latest software. Even those running older models like G25 or G27 should check they are using the most updated version of the 15.10.127 software at the bottom of that page. This is because it contains the new SDK that will be used. So, those running Logitech gear please be advised to be upgraded to the latest software if you are not already in time for Automobilista v1.15 release." ***If this info is correct***; I not a writer by any stretch haha, but this way reads a lil' better.

And it might get real ugly when the update drops without the clearing up because for some time Logitech did not have the 15.10 software on their own site. And put up and down and up the 64bit version. And with Windows 10 issues people have had with the detection of the wheel being right... Its all caused people to host all sorts of different versions of the 15.10 software on their own sites and people have downloaded it from those various locations. If you've ever had to troubleshoot your G27 or earlier and scoured the web you'll run into all sorts of people saying they've done this. I know you can't explain everything to everyone, especially dummies like me, but I foresee many troubled Logitech users at 1.15 without a little more hand holding. :D

Ramble ramble ramble, honestly I cannot wait for the continued updates of my favorite game. Its just that whole thing stuck out like a sore thumb and scared me. I don't want anything messing up the game for me. They can pry Automobilista from my cold dead hands!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally, I hope the Trucks comes with a League Edition version or feature, for better online fun!

6. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Just had a little wizz around Imola 70's version - really nice.
    It's weird how tracks like that become somewhat 'sanitised' over time due to regulations etc. I'm glad I got to experience it in its older form.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

As someone who has been observing and participating in racing sims since the day they first emerged, this is truly a major accomplishment. The joy of using AMS is that it is so polished and consistent. It's isn't the absolute latest, greatest tech in every area, but in every way that counts most it is rock solid. The sum of those parts are greater than the whole in terms of the fiddle-free user experience. The other most important aspect for me is that the FFB, again not the absolute latest, greatest out there, always feels natural, plausible and has useful feedback, of which there are zero other sims out there that can boast that. There are a couple of cars in rF2 and iRacing that beat it, but neither of those sims has a entire collection of cars that all feel natural, plausible, with terrific feedback ACROSS THE WHOLE RANGE OF CARS IN THE SIM. And those cars feel appropriate relative to each other as well. ...As if they were all paid attention to and lovingly crafted as part of the exercise (as Renato described). Not only rare, but one of a kind in any sim products we can choose from.

THANK YOU for this and for providing it all at a very reasonable price and with excellent customer service, transparent communication and for being open to input from your customers via this site. If staying this course does not soon pay off in a big way for you, then there is no justice in the sim racing world, because it is deserved.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Marcos Furriel

Marcos Furriel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fantastic work Reiza! Simply amazing!
    I have no words, I'm in ecstasy.

9. Tassydevil

Tassydevil Member AMS2 Club Member

Firstly what a great update and it is a pleasure to drive AMS with all this content available.
    :):). Imola is a real blast.

This needs to be addressed by @Renato Simioni to help the users of G27 etc wheels ( I run Fanatec GSW) because if the v1.15 renders my brother's G27 unusable that will really be a killer for such a great sim.
    A lot of time and effort by the reiza people to get the sim community to come on board will go down the toilet.
    :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TaT

TaT Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case. A combination of poor phrasing, a worrying link and some overreaction by people, myself included, seem to have made quite an issue out of this.

Had Renato said this :

"This however will require all users on Logitech wheels to upgrade to the latest software for their wheel - even those running older models like G25 or G27, so those running Logitech gear please be advised to upgrade in time for v1.15 release."

with the second link for G25/G27 users included no one would be worried at all.

Just misinterpretation I'm sure.

11. Tassydevil

Hope you are right :rolleyes::)

12. DaVeX

Really guys, I have posted the solution some posts ago I had the same issue with raceroom asking for G27 "new drivers", so...why are you all going so paranoid?At least you have the latest G27 driver installed and working with new logitech sdk...

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I understand this has caused some confusion. Rest assured I´ll elaborate on the details as soon as I get to clarify it myself, and certainly in time for the update release proper.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tassydevil

:) Thanks @Renato Simioni for your reply

@DaVeX
    I appreciate your replies to this matter and trust assured there is no paranoia about this, just trying to make sure that Reiza are aware that some of its sim users are not sure of the facts about updating their Logitech wheel when nothing is wrong at the present. I wouldn't like to be a Dev if this killed the game for these wheel users, would you???:mad: ;);)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DaVeX

Oh I understand now what you guys mean...;)

16. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, Reiza could always change the loading screen to the main menu with a new graphic suggesting all Logitech user update their wheel drivers. Kinda like the current Brit Pack DLC screen, except it asks you to update your driver if you haven't.

R3E did something similar quite some time ago.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The long and short of it is that Logitech updated the G25/27 drivers package with the newer api but did not bump the version number, which is a real pain in distinguishing between the older installations and the newer ones.

During some of the private testing we have done the G25 users who installed drivers prior to the update this year (March/April) simply needed to grab the latest package from the Logitech site and install it to get the required functionality.

I'm sure this will be covered fully in the release notes and the game manual closer to the time.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

Imola looks amazing, and I can't wait for the trucks! Loved FT, and I'm looking forward to see it in the updated game.

(also, can't deny it's going to be silly fun racing Trucks vs. formula 1 vs. opala vs. rental kart, bwahahahahaaaa)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Alf

Alf New Member

I have some noob questions, if anyone knows the answer, about the G25/G27 drivers. I own a G27 with drivers/LGS 5.10.127

- How do i know/can find out, if i have the latest drivers package? SDK version of my drivers install is 1.00.002.
    - Can i install the latest drivers ( March 2016 ) "overwritting" the older drivers ( in case i don't have the newer drivers )? I'll keep all my game Profiles, while doing this, or will i lose them?
    - If the above isn't possible, there's any way to keep my game Profiles, when uninstalling the older drivers? Or does the Profiler/LGS asks me if i wanna save them, when uninstalling?

I'm doing all these questions because i know that with the new LGS 8.xx, that i use for my Mouse and Keyboard, i can update it to newer versions, without uninstalling, and it keeps/saves all my game Profiles, but i don't know if with LGS 5.10 this is possible.

20. TDS

TDS ;-) AMS2 Club Member

imola looks just amazing! :) Bring it all on Reiza!
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1