When AI talent files like AMS 1?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jamespoly86, Oct 12, 2021.

1. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

I don't like AI in AMS2. In Formula ultimate there are cars behind other cars for all the race. I liked a lot AI in AMS1. When a similar system in AMS2?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. m1244

m1244 New Member

Yes, sometimes I also think that the AI in this game is worse than the first game. But I guess it changes from track to track or from vehicle to vehicle, because sometimes (or some tracks) AI fells very good. Please note that, I usually do 8 or 10 lap races (maybe it depends this).

However, I think it shouldn't be compared to project cars 2, because pCARS 2 is completely racing like a train. AI in pCARS 2 is the worst feature of this game for me.

My absolute favorite in AI is pCARS 1. Gaps between car to car is satisfying, AI overtakes you and other cars more frequently. Mistakes, crashes and accidents happens more. After a race which takes 10 laps long, you can see gaps are like a real race. While they faster in some laps, they can be slow down in some laps at the same race (like variable race pace). And if you can adjust the difficulty level of AI strenght well, it can be very difficult to catch up with the ones in the front while you can pass the ones in the back positions. For example it's like:

When you set AI strenght = 90

P1 AI= 94
    P2 AI= 94
    P3 AI= 93
    P4 AI= 92
    P5 AI= 91
    P6 AI= 91
    P7 AI= 91
    P8 AI= 90
    P9 AI= 90
    P10 AI= 90
    P11 AI= 90
    P12 AI= 90
    P13 AI= 89
    P14 AI= 89
    P15 AI= 88
    P16 AI= 88
    P17 AI= 87
    P18 AI= 87
    P19 AI= 87
    P20 AI= 86

Note that: these are what I feel; none of any knowledge about AI programming or coding...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tornado

Tornado New Member

what a nonsense! absolutley disagree with that! as for my opinion AI in AMS 1 is terrible. AI cars in AMS 1 have so bad detection of player's car, they only see the player's car if it's driving on a strictly defined line, but if the player deviates even slightly from the ideal line, then you can expect a hit from a stupid AI. I have done many races in AMS 1 and I can say that AI is dumb and stupid in this game. AI has rammed and crashed into me hundreds of times for no reason. That's why I gave up and don't play AMS 1 anymore. and all because of dumb AI.
    The AI in AMS 2 is much much better than in AMS 1. I think the AI in AMS 2 is one of the best AI in any racing game ever without doubt.
    You wrote something that is not true, because AI cars in AMS 2 overtake each other and overtake the player's car, while they do not crash into me and do not ram like in AMS 1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1