1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

yes though this is a unusual situation that you would expect some uncomfortable steering sensation.
    but it appears that when there is a big difference between left and right caster angle through the steering that it can freak out.
    but in general the banking is causing unusual clipping even before bottoming out .

2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes @Kuku Maddog for now I give up, I don't have the compilation skills to be able to unravel the skein, I hoped to be able to solve with some substitution or some mixing between the files ... too bad because on the parabolic curve the default ffb file behaves pretty well (not perfect but without jolts and clipping) and old files like EasterFuktor do it too, so I think there will be a way to implement this relaxation and absence of shock in the last files ... I have faith in the next files of the boys !!!!! ;)

3. Manolo

Manolo Member

@Stakanov
    It doesn't matter, I personally can only thank you for the efforts you make. I see that you (but also all the others) are always available and patient towards us neophytes (you always help and explain with humility) and towards everyone. Free of charge you dedicate a lot of time to the comunity and reading and following you allows me to gradually understand many things even if for now I am just a beginner in terms of ffb. So thank you.

I saw that the last original file dates back to 1 or 2 months ago, will there be others? Or is the project stopped for now?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As the problem seems to be only the banking at Monza, I decided I'd use the default FFB for that track only and it works fine, otherwise I can just stick with Kuku's most recent High End config the rest of the time.

5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Hello gang,
    I recently got my CSL DD and I am using rFuktor 4.6 High-End with the CSW2.5 recommendations from page 1 (somewhat modified now). It is a good starting point but this wheel being a DD, the details feel a bit flat. I am not sure what I am missing. I have already lowered damping and power steering.
    Wanting to push it more towards DD1/2 levels, what do you guys run or what do you advise to modify to take advantage of the higher fidelity?

Wheel settings:
    upload_2021-10-13_18-2-56.png

In game: (Damping = Power Steering)
    upload_2021-10-13_18-2-27.png

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  6. Carmine Carpentiero

Carmine Carpentiero New Member

I would like to feel the front tires more, what should I change?

7. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

As I am new to this custom ffb thing, I just wanted to ask which values I have to increase to get a better (in my case: heavier) feeling for the center of the wheel?

9. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Depending on the file you are using, try increasing LFB In-Game. With the later files, this increases the centre feel.

10. Stakanov

NAME: Silver Raw - rFuktor 4.6 KARSTEN ALL IN ONE* - Mom.Rack 6.3 - Tuned by Stakanov for Logitech and LowEnd Wheels

TWO DIFFERENT FILES, ONE FOR LITTLE DEADZONE (G920) AND ONE FOR HUGE DEADZONE (G29/27/25/DFGT)

*INFO:
    Full Based on 4.6 Original Karsten's file...
    + Delta-X & Trail Kuku's adjustments...
    + Tire deform settings of 4.4 Karsten's file...
    + Tire Viscosity, Os/Us Coef. and Tack factor settings of Easter Karsten's file...
    + Personal tuning!!!

Note: Although similar, the additional functions implemented modify (without distorting) the feel of the rubber, the angle, the slip and the lateral forces ... and now you have further items to modify.
    If you like the file and want to use it, to customize yours, do not directly overwrite your values from the previous file. I recommend first finding your in-game value references (gain.lfb.fx.dp) and then re-tuning voice by voice. Not everything is overlapping.
    Hope you like it!!! :)

LOGITECH ADVISES (G29/G920):
    1) In game setting, select "Custom" with this starting value:
    GAIN 92* - LFB 22 - FX 58 (to taste) - DP (PowerSteering) 28.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

2) Logitech HUB Setting
    Last version with default value
    (900° and all sensitivity to 50)

3) AMS2 Game Menù Setting
    900° - All deadzone to 0 - All sensitivity to 50 except the throttle on range 25-35
    If you use manual clutch try to set also this slide of sensitivity on range 25-35

ADVISES FOR OTHER LOWEND WHEELS (Logitech or NO):
    1) In game try to start with this starting range-value (to taste):
    GAIN 75-95* - LFB 05-25 - FX 45-65 (to taste) - DP (PowerSteering) 15-35.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Manolo

Manolo Member

WOW file is very nice as it is! ;)
    I have the G920 and I had a great time with the "Little" without modifying anything and using your advice. Out of obvious curiosity, I also tried the "Huge" one and it is similar but with an exaggerated vitality and sometimes jolts, so I went back to the little.

Am I wrong or did you manage to centrifuge all of Karsten's files? I see the notes and you quote 4.4, Easter...................

I forgot thank you very much! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Stakanov

Thanks for the feedback

It is quite normal that you like the "Little" (I'm so pleased), don't ask me why but, despite being the same wheel (constructively speaking), the G920 has a small dead zone around 0.5% of the force, while his twin brother has one of 21% ... then we have the G27 / 25 / DFGT and other LowEnds that have a dead zone, let's say variable from 7% to 16%, you will understand that the only possibility that have to fill the steering wheel at low forces is the use of the tightening function massively ... that's why the two rows and it is normal that if you use it you feel a stress and the jolts given you have a small dead zone.
    Trying to solve the Monza parabolic defect, I double-checked practically all Karsten's files, verifying that the 4.6 left aside only some functions that were present in 4.4 and in the older Easter ... having said that all the other files have only a retuning and / or a different encoding but no one else adds extra functions. This is why I came up with the idea of unifying them ... I just regret not having the skills to eliminate the jolts on Monza which then, even if in a minimal way, are almost imperceptible even on the curves of the Daytona track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Kuku Maddog

Fascinating.
    Well for guys like us that have studied the code elements for a long time.
    Feels good on T300, I’m looking forward to overlaying some stuff I’ve been trying and see if it can be the ultimate hybrid.

edit: @Stakanov
    I might be wrong, but i think the Tyre deform portion is missing an important instruction.
    try this in its place.
    #(tyre_l (+ tyre_l_init tyre_l_res1 tyre_l_res2 tyre_l_res3 tyre_fl_stretch tyre_rl_stretch))
    #(tyre_r (+ tyre_r_init tyre_r_res1 tyre_r_res2 tyre_r_res3 tyre_fr_stretch tyre_rr_stretch))

(tyre_l (+ tyre_l_init tyre_l_res1 tyre_l_res2 tyre_l_res3 tyre_l_def tyre_fl_stretch tyre_rl_stretch))
    (tyre_r (+ tyre_r_init tyre_r_res1 tyre_r_res2 tyre_r_res3 tyre_r_def tyre_fr_stretch tyre_rr_stretch))

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stakanov

DELETE

@Kuku Maddog, you are right ;), I had written a lot of stupid things not seeing the connection between the lines of code of 4.4 and giving the code of 4.6 as good ... corrected and replaced the file of the post so I pray who downloaded it to download it!!! ;)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Kuku Maddog

Versions dont really matter as its all rfuktor and the flow through of each element has dependencies that differ for each progression of the file. .
    but the dependencies are important to each other.
    for example

The path is incomplete without being assigned to final Tyre .
    (tyre_l_def (*....
    (tyre_r_def (*....

The above deform path ending needs to be included in
    (tyre_l (+ tyre_l_init tyre_l_res1 tyre_l_res2 tyre_l_res3 tyre_l_def tyre_fl_stretch tyre_rl_stretch))
    (tyre_r (+ tyre_r_init tyre_r_res1 tyre_r_res2 tyre_r_res3 tyre_r_def tyre_fr_stretch tyre_rr_stretch))

For it to become part of
    tyre_l
    tyre_r

which completes path in
    (rack_momentum_l (* 22 (spring tyre_l 100000 1 1) mom_FL))
    (rack_momentum_r (* 22 (spring tyre_r 100000 1 1) mom_FR))

4.6 standard doesn't use the earlier tyre deform so that's why its not included in final tyre_l / tyre_r

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stakanov

@Kuku Maddog you are right and correct ... my error ... sorry :( and thanks :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So, post #3510 has the latest files with those additional items added ?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stakanov

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I look forward to this ultimate hybrid ;) I’m still using the high-end adjusted file you posted and I’ve yet to find something better.

20. Manolo

Manolo Member

Try the latest Stakanov file (always based on Kuku's file) it is very nice and adaptable to everyone, i have a cheap g920 and I use it as it is in the box, my friend has a DD and this morning he said it was really nice, i am not an expert, but he tells me only that it has reset the tightening value and modified some effect (I don't know if it will interest you).

Any way, now I'm curious about a possible final version of the file edited by kuku. ;)