1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. ivd100

ivd100 New Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried your latest version with the G40 Cup. Wow! Excellent feedback. Thx. And I just discovered Crew Chief! Why did nobody tell me about it? Amazing tool. Now I have the perfect sim!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Do we still need to "adjust" gas sensitivity to 25-35? Didn't Reiza suppose to have fix this?

4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is just a personal advice, if not shared you can safely use the factory setting for the sensitivity of 50 ... I don't know if Reiza has to fix something or not ... I use the manual clutch and I noticed that lowering the sensitivity simulates more the use of a real clutch, i.e. the grip occurs when I release the clutch pedal from the middle upwards, and not in the lower part ... same thing for acceleration, in the most skidding / swaying cars during the acceleration I noticed that lowering the sensitivity helps to better control the wheel slip for the first 3/4 of the pedal stroke which are used to better modulate the acceleration by delaying the response, in the end I leave the final thrust only at the last 1/4 of pedal travel.

The Logitech pedals depend on the potentiometers and also on the wear, so they are very subjective, that's why I have indicated a range 25-35, but I repeat it is not mandatory it is just a suggestion!!! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Thanks, i may try it :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stakanov

I found another function to implement in the last K file. ALL IN ONE or rather that is now present but which acts in a fixed way on the lateral forces ... I'm talking about the BRAKE_CENTERING function in the momentum rack, rightly removed by Karsten in the files released after the rFuctor 4.1 because (i think) it is too invasive and above all variable in its latest version.

For remember, in 4.1 it was present like this:

(brake_centering_l (+ 1 (* 2 (power brake brake_coef) brake_feel (power grip_fl 4))))
    (brake_centering_r (+ 1 (* 2 (power brake brake_coef) brake_feel (power grip_fr 4))))

As you can guess, the brake_centering effect due to braking was linked to brake_fell, brake_coef, grip and 2 "power" commands ... then, the resulting value was applied to the travel forces by further implementing the velocity_scale function like this:

(travel_l (* brake_centering_l velocity_scale 0.001 kmh_l))
    (travel_r (* brake_centering_r velocity_scale 0.001 kmh_l))

Wanting to bring the braking effect to travel forces led to too much variability and therefore the application of the function was removed after 4.1.

Currently, in fact, in 4.6 the BRAKE_FEEL enters the travel forces only with the following code:

(travel_l (+ travel_l (* 0.00015 brake_feel (max 0 FL_long))))
    (travel_r (+ travel_r (* 0.00015 brake_feel (max 0 FR_long))))

This solves the problem of too much variability of the effect and makes the insertion into the travel forces constant and fixed so the problem has been solved, but:
    - the quantity of the brake on the travel forces depends on how much brake_feel applied to the tuning;
    - there is no difference between the right side and the left side;
    - no use of brake_coef;
    - moreover, the braking is now separated from the grip function.

So (without changing anything in the last file which seems to me very adaptable and elastic) I thought about how to reintegrate the effect by eliminating the previous negativities and then insert it in such a way as to: be less heavy (1 less "power" command), detached from the velocity function, different between the right side and left, consistent with the grip of the moment and then a little less dependent on the value set by the user in the tuning ... here is the complete final result:

(brake_centering_l (+ 1 (* 2 (brake brake_coef) brake_feel (power grip_fl 4))))
    (brake_centering_r (+ 1 (* 2 (brake brake_coef) brake_feel (power grip_fr 4))))
    (travel_l (* vel_rot_scale 0.001 kmh_l))
    (travel_r (* vel_rot_scale 0.001 kmh_l))
    (travel_l (- travel_l (* grip_fl 0.00015 (+ (* front_drive_torque_feel (min 0 FL_long)) (* (/ kmh 100) rear_drive_torque_feel (min 0 (- RL_long (smooth RL_long 0.3))))))))
    (travel_r (- travel_r (* grip_fr 0.00015 (+ (* front_drive_torque_feel (min 0 FR_long)) (* (/ kmh 100) rear_drive_torque_feel (min 0 (- RR_long (smooth RR_long 0.3))))))))
    (travel_l (+ travel_l (* 0.00015 brake_centering_l (max 0 FL_long))))
    (travel_r (+ travel_r (* 0.00015 brake_centering_r (max 0 FR_long))))

The time to do the last tests and I will publish the updated files, in the meantime I think I have reached the goal and succeeded without upsetting anything ... ;)
    -------------------------------------
    Edit: Just to make a comparison, the code is currently this:
    (travel_l (- travel_l (* grip_fl 0.00015 (+ (* front_drive_torque_feel (min 0 FL_long)) (* (/ kmh 100) rear_drive_torque_feel (min 0 (- RL_long (smooth RL_long 0.3))))))))
    (travel_r (- travel_r (* grip_fr 0.00015 (+ (* front_drive_torque_feel (min 0 FR_long)) (* (/ kmh 100) rear_drive_torque_feel (min 0 (- RR_long (smooth RR_long 0.3))))))))
    (travel_l (+ travel_l (* 0.00015 brake_feel (max 0 FL_long))))
    (travel_r (+ travel_r (* 0.00015 brake_feel (max 0 FR_long))))

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

deleted

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Kuku Maddog

There’s definitely something in finding out what works for each and everyone individually , for them and their set.

personally I’m currently running 10% and I use moments like gentle application of throttle in the middle of a chicane as a guide, if it’s too sensitive it can lead to momentary wheel spin that unsettles the car at a vulnerable time of weight shift.
    So a good setting is one that can allow for positive throttle / driveline without breaking free.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Stakanov

NAME: Silver Raw - rFuktor 4.6 KARSTEN ALL IN ONE V2* - Mom.Rack 6.3 - Tuned by Stakanov for Logitech and LowEnd Wheels

TWO DIFFERENT FILES, ONE FOR LITTLE DEADZONE (G920) AND ONE FOR HUGE DEADZONE (G29/27/25/DFGT)

*INFO:
    Full Based on 4.6 Original Karsten's file...
    + Delta-X & Trail Kuku's adjustments...
    + Brake_centering (modified) from 4.1 Karsten's file...
    + Tire deform settings from 4.4 Karsten's file...
    + Tire Viscosity, Os/Us Coef. and Tack factor settings from Easter Karsten's file...
    + Personal tuning!!!

Note: Only the Brake_centering function has been reinserted, nothing has changed compared to the previous file and therefore if you have previously tuned your file you can safely overlap your values. This function should give you a greater feeling of vitality when braking (not so much in straight-line braking but especially during a curve) with more lively and variable sensations between right wheels and left. I remember that, if the effect does not convince (for lightness or heaviness), you can raise and / or lower the Brake_feel item (which in turn will consequently modify the incidence of Brake_centering) and find your comfort zone as in the previous file !!!
    Hope you like it!!! :)

LOGITECH ADVISES (G29/G920):
    1) In game setting, select "Custom" with this starting value:
    GAIN 92* - LFB 22 - FX 58 (to taste) - DP (PowerSteering) 28.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

2) Logitech HUB Setting
    Last version with default value
    (900° and all sensitivity to 50)

3) AMS2 Game Menù Setting
    900° - All deadzone to 0 - All sensitivity to 50 except the throttle on range 25-35
    If you use manual clutch try to set also this slide of sensitivity on range 25-35

ADVISES FOR OTHER LOWEND WHEELS (Logitech or NO):
    1) In game try to start with this starting range-value (to taste):
    GAIN 75-95* - LFB 05-25 - FX 45-65 (to taste) - DP (PowerSteering) 15-35.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

just tested this new file feels very good on my t500 rs i was using Silver Raw - rFuktor 4.6 - Delta-X Tune_V2 - Momentum Rack 6.3 but this feels lot better thks

11. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Great work (as usual) Stakanov!

Is it possible to use this file on a Fanatec CS ELITE PS4 with minor tweeks/changes?? Has anyone tried that?? :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Stakanov

Of course you can try it in highend or DD, just try it and find the balance with the sliders in the game, the ranges should be +/- these: Gain 30-60 LFB 0-15 FX 10-40 DP 0-20
    If you don't like the sensations I can only recommend copying 1, 2 or many values from Karsten's original 4.6 (which is for DD and high-end) or take them from Kuku's HighEnd (v.2 or v.2.1) .. . the base is always the same and the code also, only the tuning is different and therefore certainly some effects (which are set high for the low end) must be raised for the high end / DD ... I write low end because it I tune in to a cheap G920 I can't say in advance or first that it would feel good on the high end / DD, I would be unnecessarily presumptuous!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like too. Since I am also a T500 user i am intersted in your settings. Thx.

14. Manolo

Manolo Member

Magnificent file :) or rather it was already in version 1, now in version 2 it seems even more lively and variable and above all in braking as you warned. I can only thank you again @Stakanov ;)

PS: Even my friend with DD (with whom we have fun alone and with AI) appreciates a lot.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

Good to hear, out of curiosity what are your generally used settings in game.

16. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

gain 75
    lfb 50
    fx 75
    damp 10
    thrustmaster control 100 100 0 0

• Like Like x 1
  17. Carlosfr

Carlosfr New Member

hello, what file do you advise me for thrumaster tmx pro
    a greeting.

18. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Stakanov
    Thank you, I will give it a try as soon as I come back home by the weekend!

And probably a dumb question as I don't know nothing about code but...
    Is there a missing a "kmh_r" linked to "travel_r" at Momentum Rack section?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Stakanov

No mate (but thanks for the attention), look down ... in this case "kmh_l" refers to:

# limit rot velocity
    (a (abs kmh))
    (f (* vel_rot_limit_coef (blend power_steering 1 2) 0.004))
    (a (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 (* f a)))))
    (a (/ a (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 f)))))
    (a (/ a (max 0.000000001 (abs kmh))))
    (n 1)
    (pn (/ (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 (* f n)))) (- 1 (/ 1 (+ 1 f)))))
    (kmh_l (* kmh a (/ n pn)))

Then this function kmh_l is unique and right ... is only the name of function with the letter "l" (that makes you doubt) not left or right but the same for everything in the file ... and is linked to the travel_l and travel_r ....

is ok!!! ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey I'm looking for best / latest Custom file for Direct Drive Wheels ie: Accuforce , Simucube , Bodnar , Fanatec DD2