1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shifting

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Roland Van de Walle, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member

Why can i use the manual shifter and paddle shifters at the same time?
    Is there a setting i am missing , been like this for me since i bought the game.
    DSCN05901 - YouTube

Attached Files:

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

That's just how the game works. I guess Manual just means it's not automatic, not that it's locked to H-Shifter.

I think that's a good thing, makes switching between different cars less cumbersome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roland Van de Walle

Ok then , if thats how the game works .
    I think this is wrong, the game should be able to now what you have assigned as shifters and use the correct shifter, or an option to set it like that.
    If you want to use paddle shifters with a manual car , no problem but using them at the same time is not the way to go i think.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

This is basically standard behaviour in all sims. I think only AC blocks paddles in an h-pattern car when you have a shifter asigned.

In AMS2 you can create seperate controller profiles and leave the correspondig buttons unassigned and then manually switch profile to the correct one per car if you like. Automatic profile switching per car may or may not come some time in the future.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Roland Van de Walle

Have played most houres on AC maybe thats why i think its important, just tested RF2 and indeed you can use both at the same time but is has never bothered me there, was not even aware of it.
    In AMS2 it bothers me, has to do when you are driving with paddle shifters and you have forgotten to put the manual gearbox in neutral
    Have different wheels so i now about the controller profiles , not 100% sure but i think when you switch a wheel or the usb is plugged out accidentaly you have to restart the game , also something that bothers me a bit.
    Maybe i can try a seperate profile and only use 1 wheel for the manual shifter.

6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Back to OPS question:
    Every shifter you operate with your hands is manual.
    Auto means, the game is in auto gear mode, the game shifts for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The most imporatent factor is to disable autoclutch, thats makes the whole difference. Also, the Paddles don't allow to skip gears. I find Padles with clutch so cumbersome, I don't consider it....but its an option for players without an H-shifter. H-Shifters are an optional (...overpriced) and additional hardware feature, the game options must reflect that. Also, my wife hates the clunking sound of the TH8A in the evening, I have to resort to Autoclutch and paddles a lot.
    As long as ther eis no way to force clutch use, the whle discussion goes nowhere.

Players can always use the strangest kinds and combinations of input devices, there is nothing one can do about it.

I once started simracing in GP Legends with a Saitek HOTAS.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Roland Van de Walle

Meant the h-shifter , video shows what i mean.

Autoclutch is disabled for me , only use the clutch with paddles in first.
    I always try to use the shifter thats in the car , feels a bit of to me when you are in second gear with the h-shifter that you can use the paddle shifter to go to 3d or 1st.
    But wil find a way around it with i guess with a different controller profile.