1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumbest thing you have done in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, Oct 21, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For me it was tonight, started a new custom championship in porshe cup at velo Citta, weather was dry and sunny. Loaded an old stable setup and kept spinning the car out under power at most corners. Noticed that the rear tyres would be hot and front tyres were stone cold. Changed wing levels, brake balance, suspension, toe and diff settings but to no avail. Was about to give up in frustration when I noticed that my front tyres were slicks and my rears were wets, lol. That was the damn issue all along!!

So folks, don't be embarrassed, share yours!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Cursing and swearing in the public lobby chat when someone intentionally used me as a brakepoint/mark. Happened a couple of times. Normally I am just a chill person. Bit chatty :D

*It was a mix of mothers, coitus and some other words combined that creates cursewords :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The worst I can think of right now is oversteering into the start of the pit divider barrier at Spa a couple days ago. Jammed myself completely sideways between the pit entry walls. It took about a 50-point turn to get out of it.

It was against the AI though so no harm or embarrassment really.

I'm sure I've done worse in the past but can't remember. I'll post again if something comes to mind later.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I was racing @oez in MP, F-Vintage G1 at Monza 10k.

I was on the Model 1 on a V8 with wrong gearing, had serious lack in top speed but an almost sufficient gap to him, he was driving the Model 2 with V12.

He was closing the gap to the very last lap exactly at the end of the oval though.

I thought...well let's make his room to overtake as small as possible for the final run to the line.:whistle:
    20210929001333_1.jpg
    This was the moment, i (orange car) knew, i f***ed up :D

RESULT ----->

20210929001258_1.jpg

Well....it turned out to be a race-win without any honour. :D:whistle:

Don't squeeze people with open wheelers!!! :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

The dumbest thing I've done in AMS2 is try to overtake @CrimsonEminence fair and square :D.

Seriously I think it's that time I was struggling with the Super V8 and then found out that I had hard slicks in the rear and softs in the front. This was after an earlier experiment which was dumb in and of itself. I left it like that, forgot about it days later and was confused.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Running out of fuel with half a lap to go- that was one where the red mist descended. Crashing on the last corner.. yeah Ive done that. Running into the car in front because I forgot to brake, literally just forgot there was a corner coming up because brain had completely switched off.. the list is endless. Im pretty sure there's an ai forum in computer land where they all bitch about the human drivers..

• Funny Funny x 8
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Dumbest thing I've done in a while was load rF2 and sit there for 30 minutes while it loaded in all the Steam workshop files, only to realise I didn't want to play rF2 anyway after the next 5 minute load into a crappy mod track.
    Felt like I should uninstall after that, I didn't, remembering that fun I had in the old 934/5, but man was I close.
    Never when playing AMS2 do I feel like I made a dumb choice :p

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Why do we have/need more than a single tire choice PER VEHICLE in the set-up screens? Is there ever a time when someone would mix and match tires per axle or per corner of the car?

Could reduce some clutter and prevent these "mistakes" by moving to a single tire choice selector.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. F1Aussie

That is gold, peed myself laughing when I read that.

10. F1Aussie

Too funny, I bet he wasn't too happy about it.

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@oez what do you think. Was it not feeling amazing. These moments tell us, we're still alive, don't you also think so? :whistle::D:D

12. F1Aussie

I just remembered another. Had a mate come round one day and we setup a GT3 race at Hockenheim 2001, did 1 hour practice, 20 minute q and 1 hour race. We did 15 minute stints each and we led all race, just, with about 5 minutes to go realise that we needed to do a splash and dash so told him to pull in to top up. Was sure we had enough then to get to the end, but ran out of fuel with about 5 corners to go on last lap. 2 hours and 20 minutes all up for no result. Could have punched a hole in the wall, grrr.

13. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Its legit and some racing series allow it. IMSA I believe does. It depends on the track, track temps, wear. Put a soft on the front left at cascaval, medium or hards on the rest, for example.

Not wets though, thats just user error.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Joining a random multiplayer session!

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

i do sometimes put harder compounds on an axel if the wear is too high while the other axel stays managable, mainly on cars that tend to slide alot or understeer alot on fast tracks
    its a cool option, but i guess a little checkbox like the symetric setup checkbox would be enough for such situations
    but i dont think it would remove alot of clutter, u essentially just free up 1 line

16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

It was fun to hitchhike on your car in VR. Like Senna on Mansell's car.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I left the pits wrong way.

I know there's the pit guy that shows the way, but I must have been busy with something else and ignored him completely. I thought that a wrong track loaded as I couldn't remember it at all. I don't remember exactly which track it was but I was giggling for majority of the practice once realised what had happened.

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. F1Aussie

Yeah have done that too, it is embarrassing even if there is no one around to see it, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, I remember another story.. It's related to AMS 1. Back in days, 2015, I was totally into rallye. Slowly, but sure, in 2016, I gave AMS 1 a try. Raced Project Cars 1 as well. Somewhere, someday I joined a league-race or so. Or whatever it was. On Racedepartment. So I was nervous. It was my first race real race ever. So.. few days later the race was about the begin. I joined. Doing P, Doing Q. Finally the race. So we were in line. Lights started to go to green or so. I started blasting and was amazed how fast I was. I was overjoyed. Then near the finish I realized what was going on.. Why everyone was so fricking slow... It was the f*cking formation lap... So I disconnected from the race in shame. Never played online MP race again until a few months later when Raceroom caught my attention...

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In one of my first league races in ACC I managed to get a triple drive through penalty in the first 3 laps? I think #1 was for jumping the start, as I came into serve it I realised I had no idea where the pit limiter was so that was drive through #2 left the pits, did another lap came into serve the second penalty full of confidence now that I knew what button to press hit, only to hit way to late and boom penalty #3...haven't managed anything quite so thick in AMS2 yet though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1