1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@AndreiC what version are you using at the moment? Generally your tweaked files have been my favourites for a while now.

2. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The file I use is the Kuku "Delta-X Tune - version 3" from post #3527.
    I only increased the centering strength to 0.52.
    As reference start with McLaren 720s GT3
    Edit : Added proper in game print screen ffb settings

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Isn’t that on the default ffb?

4. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes sorry, wrong game print screen. I have default in one game and I was testing Kuku ffb file in other.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

thank you, don't think I've tried this version yet. Will have a play around this evening.

6. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I've used v3 quite a bit now on my DD1, and really like it. Oscillations aren't a problem as long as I keep at least one hand on the wheel, but letting go with both hands are no-no. After a few seconds the wheel starts to oscillate violently.
    Haven't noticed any other bad effects, but haven't tried the old Monza oval with this version yet. Haven't seen anything about the jolts there being fixed yet?

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

v3 works great for me, no issues with oscillation what-so-ever. I even test various cars by flinging the wheel to one side and letting go, the steering quickly settles back into the center position without any interference from me.

I find the key to eliminating oscillations with DD-wheels is a combination of Friction and Damping in the wheel-driver settings. I typically use between 5-12% friction / 9-20% damping in combination to both stabilize steering behavior and limit SAT speed to reasonable levels. I do have 2 to 3 versions of the AMS2 FFB presets saved in my wheel-driver settings, depending on the car class (Classics / Formula / GT, etc.).

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for feedback.

Here is a revised edition that should help as damping and centre relax the same as original . also i realized last night that with v2 high end file, I inadvertently shipped it with static force reductions values I was using for t300, so if thats what worked well for that, then might as well keep it.

this revised file still feel perfectly fine on low end too.

No fix for monza oval unfortunately. I can reduce the jolt buy adding smoothing to trail , but comes at cost of feel.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I turned both Friction and Damping off in the wheel driver some time ago, I think Karsten recommended it sometime during the Silver Raw era :)
    As I said, I have no problem as long as I keep a hand on the wheel, but I'll do a test turning Friction and Damping on again.

UPDATE:
    Did a test with the v3 beta from Kuku, and set Damping = 50 and Friction = 10. Oscillations when I let go of the wheel, even at walking pace...

With default FFB the wheel doesn't oscillate at all, so there is something strange going on with my DD1 and custom FFB files :confused:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  10. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was using your V2 on my DD1 for a good while and I do like it but I thought it was a bit to strong and I couldn't find a happy medium to the FFB strength on the wheel and in game. I have since moved back to 4.6 and enjoy the strength of things there. But this is just my personal preference as we are all different.

11. Kuku Maddog

ok interesting.
    that might be something to do with the static force reduction difference between stock and tweaked.
    because of a lack of grunt and range of lower power wheel , i had to reduce the average static force reduction to get some low load strength.
    so if you compare the values of each version you will see what’s different.
    V2 might just need to raise the normal static force reduction for your preferences.

12. mdecker79

I was able to get it feeling pretty good while driving but once I hit a curb or something at any speed the wheel would just pull right out of my hand. I would mess with the sliders / power steering but I just couldn't get it where I liked it. I run my wheel FFB strength around 40% ~ 45% and in game around 65 on 4.6 which feels fine to me but on your V2 it was just too much.

I think I had my wheel down around the 28% range with your V2 but then other forces were of course much lower which was my issue.

Again this is just my personal preference.

13. Kuku Maddog

The main difference between them is the static force reduction. if you put V2 the same as stock 4.6 then it should be much the same .

14. mdecker79

I'll change those two lines and give it a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

neat , this is valuable info that helps greatly when trying to paint a picture with a blindfold on .
    if you need to you can also lower kerb surface scale etc .

16. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I tried exactly as you said, but was just too heavy. I even tried 100 Damping (PS), but ended up with Gain back down around the 30 mark. I tried everything from 30/0 to 50/100. I run 90 on the wheelbase. With a few changes to the file, it certainly feels a heap better, but not at higher Gain. At least it feels normal to me now.

17. Kuku Maddog

That’s good

What did you change ? Static force by any chance ?
    I would like to be able to create a file option for more powerful belt wheel. But need feedback as it’s impossible for me to know.

18. Michael Enright

I'll check exactly what I changed next time I'm on and let you know.

19. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

1st time poster long time listener. I run a G29 and I normally Run either Karstens or Stakanovs G29 tunes but I tried your new file and Its very good. My first file was SlvrRaw-rFuktor-3.2 and its been an interesting experience how they have developed over the past few updates.

The biggest thing I've noticed is you can crank up the fx on your profile and have hardly any curb feel. For reference I've found myself running very different settings to the previous version i was using (KARSTEN ALL IN ONE V2* - Momentum Rack 6.3 - Tuned by Stakanov ). My In Game settings are normally around Gain 100 / LFB 70/ Fx 30 / Damp 1 but with your set im running Gain 100 / LFB 90/ Fx 50 / Damp 1 but just lacking that bit of road and curb feel.

What can i adjust in the code to get a bit of that back?

20. Michael Enright

That's very unusual. Normally there is plenty of kerb feel. You could try increasing this line;
    (kerbs_surface_scale 2.8)