1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please can we get performance passes for two tracks

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by furfoot, Oct 25, 2021.

1. furfoot

furfoot New Member

Loving the game! Just picked up the American DLC and looking forward to the new DLC coming in November.

I would like to ask the developers to do a performance pass on two tracks which seem to suffer from massive performance drops (±50%) compared to basically all the other tracks. I play in VR and get on average between 8-11ms frame times (GPU limited) in the rain, but for both Hockenheim GP and Suzuka (Kensai) the frame times jump to 15-18ms.

Also there's still a bug from the PC2 engine whereby the further you get from the start/finish line the more the vehicle model will judder/stutter/move around. You can replicate this bug by stopping halfway on the nordschleife and you'll see the car moving erratically without any user input versus stopping ont he start/finish line where the car sits perfectly still.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Unless I'm gravely mistaken that's probably to do with the same issue stock Assetto Corsa has. There the game engine is 32bit, which causes floating point rounding errors that gets larger the further you go from the 0,0,0 coordinate causing the shaking to get worse. The only solutions to that would be either to upgrade the enigne to 64bit, which is probably not feasable, or to a 2nd rendering pass like was implemented in CSP for Assetto Corsa to lessen the effect significantly. That however eats a lot of your FPS.

Tom Scott explaining floating point numbers:

Effect Demonstration:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. furfoot

furfoot New Member

Very interesting! It's only really noticeable on the Nordschleife as there aren't any tracks as long as that in AMS 2. PC2 had a few of those cruising tracks which exhibited the same flaw.