1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Brett Laurent

Brett Laurent New Member

Can you please tell me what control setting you are using in game and in thrustmaster cintrol panel thanks

2. Bollocks Basher

Bollocks Basher New Member

Hey guys, so I've always loved AMS2 and been my fav sim since it first came out but ever since I got my Alpha Mini I just haven't been able to get the proper feedback that I used to get with my G29, it just feels... Idk wrong? Can someone please recommend me one of the custom files to try out? Also there is nothing I can do either in game or my Alpha manager software to get rid of of strong harsh oscillations that are felt at any speed... This doesn't happen in any other sim nor did it happen with my G29 (or the week I owned a T300)... Pls help! I miss my AMS 2, sim racing isn't the same without it.

Thanks in advance my Reiza homies, one love.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

first thing you need to sort is the Alpha settings by the sounds of it, because something isn’t right.
    Join the FB simagic owners group and search for the recommended settings of Technosis ( Dennis Wiltzen ) he is also on you tube.
    I think Forum member Wolfgang has been using an Alpha mini , so perhaps ask for his settings in the general ( not custom) FFB settings thread. https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-force-feedback-overview-recommendations.9852/

Get default ffb working ok , before toying with custom would be my advice.

I’m waiting for my alpha mini to arrive currently.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  4. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

gain 75
    lfb 50
    fx 75
    damp 10
    thrustmaster control 100 100 0 0 feels very good for me but everyones likes different ffb

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I am using the RFUKTOR TUNES2 Orig high end.txt on my TSP C racer now. This file is the base that this T500 owner is using with some tweaking from member Kuku

My TM control panel settings are all 100% except damper (experimenting as I am starting to feel subtle differences in AMS2, I was at 100% before).
    In game, Gain at 70% Damping at 35% then LFB and FX at 50%

really good base overall and then I adjust gain/damping very slightly car by car

6. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have implemented in V2 a few things, I have twisted others, and modify others ... now I am retuning everything ... I have gone from 92-22-58-28 to 96-75-55-15 and have a more manageable center, good slip and relax, better predictability of auto behavior , I use again high LFBs without elastic effect, I feel the rubber in a similar way to the default but I have all the nuances and the information of karsten 4.6 :whistle: ... I still need a little more time but I hope that by tomorrow I will be able to post you my new tuning-mod KARSTEN ALL IN ONE V.3 ... and I hope that i is not the only one to hear this!!! :D

Meantime ... Happy Halloween to everyone!!!! :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Kuku Maddog

Deleted

Didnt feel good with enough cars
    Asking too much of a t300 i think.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  8. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"without elastic effect" sounds great mate :D!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stakanov

You're right let's call it "a controllable, predictable and normal elastic effect" ... I hope ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Spent some 30 minutes or so with it yesterday, on a half-dozen cars.
    Nice weighty feel, and excellent around the center.
    Since everything is a compromise, this seems to happen at the cost of some finer details, as well as the dynamics of loading up in faster corners.(The load-up is just about the only thing I like in the default ffb atm... Everything else with it just serves to throw me off.)
    If I had to name it, I'd call it "weight", since arguably it does too little of anything else?
    Might be something for DD wheels though.

11. Kuku Maddog

Yes it worked quite well with cars that have comparatively light FFb , but become to mushy with those that seem to be twice as strong. the variation in base force strength is really tricky to overcome.
    feels like two different sims inside the one at times.

that tight and immediate feel around centre is what I’ve been going for but can’t get the force range right.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Stakanov

OK guys, the gearbox and the kart tuning remain WIP, but the file is now complete, functional and tuned. :)
    As usual we have two files for Gear/Belt, one for wheel with a small deadzone and the other for a wheel with a huge deadzone ... I hope you like them!!!

Name: rFuktor 4.6 KARSTEN ALL IN ONE V3* - Tuned by Stakanov for Logitech and Gear/Belt Wheels
    *Based on last Original rFuktor 4.6 (Fix) Karsten's file... with these changes from the original... (in red bold the changes of V3 compared to V2 and V1):
    + Delta-X & Trail Kuku's adjustments...
    + Brake Centering setting code from 4.1/4.0 Karsten's file...

+ Centering and ForceScale slightly reduced...
    + Center_full, Load_norm_wheel and X of Vel_mag_k_pull value code modify (more relaxed center, high LFB tollerated, rubber sensation and velocity)...
    + Gearbox setting code added from Project Cars 2 Karsten's file (WIP for now with only 2 setting voice)...

+ Tire Deform setting code added from 4.4 Karsten's file...
    + Tire Viscosity, Os/Us Coef. and Tack factor setting code added from Easter Karsten's file...

+ Kart tuning revisited (WIP)...
    + Personal tuning and in game cursors value revisited!!!

#################################################
    LOGITECH G920 ADVISES (for other Logitech the same range +/- 10 to taste)!!!
    1) In game setting, select "Custom" with this starting value:
    GAIN 96* - LFB 75 - FX 55 (to taste) - DP (PowerSteering) 15.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

2) Logitech HUB Setting
    Last version with default value (900° and all sensitivity to 50)

3) AMS2 Game Menù Setting
    900° - All deadzone to 0 - All sensitivity to 50 except the throttle on range 20-35
    If you use manual clutch try to set also this slide of sensitivity on range 20-35

#################################################
    ADVISES FOR DIFFERENT GEAR/BELT WHEELS (No Logitech)!!!
    1) In game try to start with this starting range-value for cursor:
    GAIN 55-85* - LFB 35-65 - FX 30-60 (to taste) - DP (PowerSteering) 00-20.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Massive appreciation for continued efforts on the ffb side of things!:D
    I will get to trying it out right away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Stakanov

rFuktor 4.6 KARSTEN ALL IN ONE V3*
    Instruction for newbies!!!!

1) Raise the GAIN until you reach the max desired resistance with high power car (for example the Formula GEN 2)!!!!
    2) Turn up the LFB until the center and the low forces fill the steering wheel as desired but without wrong elastic effect.
    3) Now reshape both GAIN and LFB values in small steps (+/- 4 or 2) until most cars sliding feel good both in oversteer than in understeer, and continue until all is synchronized with what you see on the screen. Try most cars for having this correct sliding (other Formula and then GT3, GT4, StockCar, SprintRace) ........ ;)
    4) Only at this moment increase the effects slide FX as much as you like (to taste).
    5) Finally, if everything is ok and you want to lighten the steering, use the last Damping slider which, as you know, in the custom file, represents the "Power Steering" and NOT the damping!!!! In this file don't lighten too much you can lose the rubber!!!
    6) Now if you want, you can applies your tunes!!! :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  15. Manolo

Manolo Member

Here same wheel G920 ;)
    Copy, past and applied your advises value 96-75-55-15, one word EXCELLENT!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Efe7to

Efe7to New Member

This feels really good on my CSL DD with boost kit, in-game gain 70, LFB 60, FX 25, Damping 50 (with 20 NDP on the wheel, 100 FFB). Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Stakanov

@Efe7to .... this makes me very happy, because I don't have the possibility to try the files on DD bases, but this tells me that the changes (always improvable) are functional regardless of the wheel used (obviously with the different settings of the case) ... thanks for feedback :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Manolo

Manolo Member

@Stakanov
    I don't know if the information can be useful, but also my friend (with whom I often play) and in possession of a Fanatec DD (if I'm not mistaken 1 or 2) talking in chat, informs me "that the file is very pleasant and that the sensations behind the wheel are less dry, they tend to be softer and with a similar Reiza effect by default but always very informative as in the original 4.6 by Karsten. It just reset the tightening, slightly changed the rack_friction and modify only some effects."
    Does this make sense?

I have a curiosity, what the GEARBOX does? It does not seem to be the effect linked to the gear change. o_O

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Stakanov

Thanks for the feedback, this is another important confirmation, I can tell you that what your friend says makes sense, because there are few items that differentiate a file to be suitable for a DD, a HighEnd or a LowEnd. .. these only are the main tunings with which you can make a file for LOW suitable for a DD or a HighEnd and vice versa: - tightening;- centering- the force_scale- the center_relax;- damping;- the rack_friction;- the statics_force
    All the other voices in the file (to be modified or not) are just effects to choose whether to amplify or reduce ... the base of the files, or rather the code is identical for all ... I have always taken a file suitable for DD (karsten's files) and tune it for my cheap G920 ... even the opposite is simply doable!!!

For the GEARBOX:
    All this code is an oscillator based on the difference between 2 inputs: driveshaft_core and clutchshaft_core. Not is the Gear change. In other words, it is a vibration derived directly from the sim and is the transmission shaft effect (drive & clutch), vibration and grind.
    Originally in Project Cars 2 it should work only if you have autoclutch on, you'll rarely feel much of anything. Turn autoclutch off and use an old gearbox (like an old Lotus in PC2) and you should really feel it.
    But I have rigged the cards a little :whistle: ... the effect, however, is related to this aspect!!! ;)

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the first version I didn't like at all (G29). Very loose center even with 100% gain and 100% LFB, driveable but bland. I guess it's good if you like a more AC-style feel where the forces are almost zero until mid-corner. Kerb rattling was also bad.