1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. I just made updates once on those liveries for AMS 1 and later on converted them to AMS 2 . Played a little bit with this part of the car, but just could not get it right, so I left it like it was.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  2. Chrisi74

Chrisi74 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, you can only use one of the two skin packages, so only 12 skins.
    If you want to combine the skins from both packages, you have to manually edit the porsche_962c.xml file in the "Overrides" folder , just like you said

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Only the AI names. But if you want to play using the name of a real driver, there is a workaround. Just change your steam name to the one of the driver you prefer before starting the game. You can change it back to your standard name afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chrisi74

In my skinpacks are now real driver names that do not change when you drive in e.g. single races on a different track. And the AI of the drivers you create (each for the skinpack or car model) you can set in the xml file individually here (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\UserData\CustomAIDrivers\). as described here

5. Chrisi74

Oh so e meant that sorry I had misunderstood.

6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I guess so, but what do I know...:whistle:;)

7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

That's a workaround yes, but it would be better if Reiza shall give us the possibility to change our in-game name :)

8. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Then maybe i can make the Lola MasterCard instead of the Orange Test McLaren ?

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Alain, first of all thanks for your great skins. :)
    You can ofc make those skins, the "problem" with making skins for the McLarens is that you'll still have the Merc logo on the wheel, which might be a problem for some regarding immersion. On the other hand: who will want to drive the Lola? :D

Perhaps there will be the option to keep some cars out of the grid soon, who knows.

10. F_B

However I cannot exceed the number of skins for the Porsche 962 ingame I guess? There are currently only 12 slots. I just tried to add another skin from your fantasy pack to the real ones in the *.xml file but this skin does not show up.

11. Chrisi74

Sorry i meant yes12 slots not only 6 and yes more than 12 is unfortunately not possible.

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Can one of you, who has already tested a customized AI in beta version of the game, confirm that this "going side by side thing without overtaking" of the AI is no longer there?

13. F_B

That's where I'm stuck right now: trying to get the McLarens back in the grid with their real driver names.

As far as I understand it I have to create
    - a file mclaren_mp4_12.xml in the CustomAIDrivers folder
    - a folder with the McLaren skins in the Overrides folder
    - a new mclaren_mp4_12.xml in the Overrides folder with specific paths to the skins

Problem is now that I don't have the single McLaren skins....

Edit: solved it.
    I just have to create the mclaren_mp4_12.xml and change this line
    to this
    Pretty sure the naming was different two days ago. Whatever. Now it works and I have Häkkinen and Coulthard in my grid again.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Chrisi74

Deleted because something is always changing

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Chrisi74

Deleted because something is always changing

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Have you tried this custom AI ingame? If so, how do the skill differences play out in qualifying time?

Also 0.08 and 0.12 stamina on some drivers, how fast do they lose speed in a race?

17. F_B

@Renato Simioni
    Since you now enabled us to edit some parameters regarding the AI (thanks for that!) I wonder if there are any plans to also edit

• AI tendency to make mistakes (probably already in ’consistency’?)
    • AI capability to deal with stress/pressure
    • probability that the AI has a DNF (especially with 80s F1 cars and blown engines) or is that (already) incorporated in the cars?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chrisi74

I admit I have only tested it briefly on 3 different tracks and there are definitely some adjustments that need to be made and I will do that, but it will take a while. But I also wanted to provide you with the rider names for my skins then you don't have to do so much yourself.
    However, you can also make adjustments yourself with e.g. Notepad++, or also make suggestions here as to what the better settings are or work better.

• Like Like x 1
  19. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I have been working on custom AI for the whole GT1 class myself and I tried to have the ratings as close to reality as possible (was checking qualifying and race data from the 97 and 98 season and did some research and watched races of GT1 in general), but I don't have access to the beta.
    I also took into account the car/tyre characteristics, so the Zakspeed drivers are a little lower because their Pirellis where inferior to the Michelin of the works cars, which were still inferior to the Mercedes Bridgestone, but the difference was smaller in the race than in Qualifying.

So in short, I tried to make it as close to real life performance as possible, but don't know if it reflects in game correctly.

And I would also put drivers to different liveries, Alan McNish on the #26 as he was the lead driver on that car for example.

I also did this with your skins and for all GT1 cars including the Nissan but without skins yet and for 7 drivers per car so far.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Fabian, can you share your AI-files please ?