1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim won't recognize CST Pedals. [Solved]

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Garnet, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Hi I just downloaded AM2 and setting up peripherals, it recognizes my wheel but won't recognize my pedals. Tried plug/unplugging but when it directs me to press the pedals nothing happens.
    Anything I can do? Thanks.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Heyho!

Some questions (some might look stupid, but just to make sure)

-Have you tried to use Wheelmake "custom"? (can also influence pedals)

-Have you tried using no other unnecessary peripherials on the USB slots?

-(most stupid question) Have you mapped your throtte/brake/clutch inputs before calibrating or is this, what doesn't work?

3. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Hi, thanks for the input.
    -Wheelmake, never heard of it. Is it a separate program?
    -no, good idea, but the pedals are working fine in a number of other sims
    -I think I was mapping them, but it's possible I was trying to calibrate. It was the same page that was asking me to turn the steering wheel completely one way, then 90*. So may I was calibrating. Sad if my mistake was the dumbest one (although I did look around for map vs calibrate and thought I was on the right page).

Thanks again.

4. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

go to options, then controls, then edit assignments and then under motoin, make sure that your pedals are assigned there before calibrating

5. CrimsonEminence

Nope, in the controls options at the first page (also where you find the calibration buttons), you can set your control device (wheel, pad etc) and underneath the wheel make (thrustmaster T500, Fanatec CSW etc.) -> here set "custom" for a try. (and check deadzones, probably set to 7 by default, 50 sensitivity is correct and linear)

Yeah, there were issues with too many devices in ISImotor and Madness Engine sims before though, so worth a try.

*First* map your clutch/throttle/brake and then calibrate. This process should work flawlessly, if the game recognizes your pedals. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Attached Files:

7. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Thanks, I'm in Edit Assignments and it will only register if I hit buttons on the wheel. If I press the pedals nothing happens.

Under Control Scheme it recognizes and lists my wheel (T500). Under Pedals I have the options Separate or Combined, but it doesn't show the type of pedals I have (CST).

I've tried setting Control Scheme to Custom (and Pedals to Separate or Combined) but Edit Assignments still won't recognize my Pedals. It will only assign controls if they are on my wheel.

Have tried other usb ports for the pedals, same problem. Thanks again.

8. CrimsonEminence

Could you try to follow these steps in this thread here? (wheelbase disconnected stands also for TM in this case, i guess)

The pedals unfortunately have bad support but we don't give up that fast i think! :)

9. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Fixed: I unplugged the Wheel, started the sim, doing this enabled pedal assignment, then plugged the Wheel back in and all is good. Fun sim, thanks for the help!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Taylan Benker

Taylan Benker New Member

As i mentioned in another post recently, I recently started playing AMS2 and it took 3 hours to make it recognized. Despite being experience Computer user and good amount of Sim experience i was frustrated. I can not think of the frustration and anger a newcomer might feel.

Normally forcing computer to reload the drivers solves the issue but It does not guarantee to correct in your first trial. It took for me a couple of dozen attempts which includes, USB slot swaps, manually reinstalling drivers, game restarts, windows restarts etc.,

This was an issue in PC2 as well. It tended to loose grasp of the wheel drivers even in mid sessions. In a time even arcade racing games instantly recognize the wheels, It does not create a good impression for AMS2. Reiza should find a solution for this quickly.

11. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

For me with my G25 it seems to happen mostly when looking at MP menu, I don't even have to select a race just go back to time trial and nothing no steering, I have to reboot the game before wheel will work again.

It did happen in PC2 but this is much worse.

12. Curmudgeon59

Curmudgeon59 New Member

Had the same issue - Pedals not recognised. Used the suggested fix...closed AMS2.
    Disconnected wheel base USB cable
    Started AMS2 - was then able to perform pedal assignments and then calibrate
    closed AM2
    Reconnect wheel USB
    Start
    AMS2
    All good.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1