Custom Championship - How to set custom tracks

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Alexandre Sene, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Paul_73

Paul_73 Member AMS2 Club Member

There is no .xml mismatch. If you have actually followed the instructions above and it hasn't worked, please post the error message.

I've been using this for a long time with both GSCE and AMS and have never had a single problem.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. Corgan

Corgan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Paul, this is just simply wonderful! Thank You VERY Much! This is exactly I was looking for.:)

3. Dutchmountains

Dutchmountains New Member

I made a litlle tutorial.

4. Dutchmountains

5. Paul_73

I'm glad to be of help, Corgan!

Here's the names/aliases/lengths for the new Imola pack that you can add to the spreadsheet if you want:
    Imola 1972 — Imola1972 — 3.12
    Imola 1988 — Imola1988 — 3.13
    Imola 2001 — Imola2001 — 3.07
    Imola 2016 — Imola — 3.05

Thanks for the video, Dutchmountains. I think editing the names in the .veh files might create a mismatch in Multiplayer or Time Trial modes (I haven't tested it, though.) So, it might be a good idea to maintain separate offline and online copies as I described earlier for the Series folder.

One other little thing is that you can't always rely on the track folder name to tell you the proper in-game alias for a track, especially with mod tracks. For example, to use the track inside the folder called "Snetterton", you would need to enter "Snetterton300" in the .srs file.

You can put .gdb in the Windows Explorer search box while viewing the main Location folder to see them all at once. (Or use the spreadsheet I attached on the previous page.)

6. Dutchmountains

Yes i noticed it also.
    When i have time i make a new tutorial.

7. Corgan

Corgan New Member AMS2 Club Member

.srs file editing was not a problem for me, but the log analyzer thing is so amazing! This is why i'm so glad you explained that. One thing I noticed though, the analyzer can't handle 2 or 3 practices or races, only one. But I can live with that.:) Thanks again!

8. Paul_73

It seems you have to enter multiple-race weekends as separate races when you're creating the events.

When you add a race result, there's a checkbox that says "Check, if there was no qualification session for this race (case: 2nd or 3rd race in BTCC)". So I guess that's just how it's handled.