1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, tried it with that option ticked and unticked....

upload_2021-11-29_8-6-3.png

2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok strange, me personally i use the webconfig to set up the ranked races, maybe anyone else has a suggestion for this?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Make sure to comma the end of each line inside your server attributes. Could be the reason why it isn’t working. Check the DS window output as well for any errors when you launch the program.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stu3284

stu3284 New Member

Just a quick one as I can't find much info. For a dedi server can you have Multiclass (GT1 and GT3 for example) and if so how do I initiate it?

5. Andy

Thanks for this.
    Ive added any commas that were missing. No errors showing in Window.

Strangely, when you see the server in the list it shows no information about the ratings, but when you join it has carried the safety rating 600into the session that I set, but not the E ranking...getting there slowly i think....

6. Shriukan

While the assigned value should work (since it is in quotations), try using 2 (without quotations) instead of "E".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shriukan

Use Asturbo's flag calculator (same values as pC2) to enable MultiClass in the flags value.

Check the webAPI for the numerical class values - http://localhost:9000/api/list/vehicle_classes/ (9000 or whatever port you set to access the webAPI)

Use the following code inside of serverattributes to set the classes and put in the class values without "quotations"
    Code:
    "MultiClassSlots" : 2,
    "MultiClassSlot1" : <class_value_1>,
    "MultiClassSlot2" : <class_value_2>,

//you can have up to 10 class slots
    //"MultiClassSlot10" : <class_value_10>,

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It won't work because it's in the server config and not in rotate config. As with other settings in the main config it's required to use the enum value for the desired letter not the letter itself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andy

The info now shows when you join the server using the numeric value, but doesnt have any effect. I set it at 6, which is higher than me, and i could still drive.
    It doesnt show either when its listed in the server list.

o_O

10. Shriukan

Then SMS themselves did it wrong in their example configs for pC2 back in the day.

Could you post your full server.cfg file, Andy? (rename it to server.txt to post)
    Any tips, Dave?

11. stu3284

stu3284 New Member

Thank you for the prompt reply

12. Andy

Thank you, appreciate your help.
    Ive removed passwords etc from it

Attached Files:

13. Shriukan

Thanks. Hmm can't see anything out of line there. I'd have to try on my server. Dave is the Muffin Man for everything online so he might help where I can't. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dave Stephenson

It won't show until they is an active session. Dedi is really just a shell for holding some settings until it has a host. After that point players can request detailed info form the host which includes the rating part.

The host can always join. I'm still undecided what I want to do about that tbh. I have a few options on the table but we'll have to discuss it internally and decide which compromise we dislike the least.

Maybe, I removed a bunch of stuff at the beginning that we didn't use/need when I made ours and haven't really been back over the originals in a long time. I'd like to review and update ours soon as it's been a while.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Andy

Thanks for clarifying....so its working after all :)

I can see what you mean now, all those that are showing ratings have someone in them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dave Stephenson

tested it here and looks as expected from both my clients

• Like Like x 1
  17. Inge Nordnes

Inge Nordnes TROLL SimRacing

This took me quite some time to figure out haha :) Cheers for sharing this.

If anyone have trouble with their flags I created a session flag tool that reads the flags straight out of my server session api flags list, so it should always be current. No need to update a spreadsheet. It also has the function to reverse a flag sum if you wonder about what your 940312056 might mean :) Just press the button and enter your own flag sum. Have a look if interested: AMS2 Flags tool | TROLL SimRacing

• Like Like x 5
  18. Roy Niessink

Is or will there be a way in the future to have the server admin(s) automatically be the host? For example i share my server with someone else, he usually start the night so becomes the host, i jump in later, and when he leaves i would like to become the host automatically, or also in case of a disconnect and rejoin that 1 of us will become the host again, i assume this would be handy as well for people running leagues

19. Inge Nordnes

Inge Nordnes TROLL SimRacing

We need a "race director".exe that can login to the DS and control it programmatically, long term.

First of all it should be able to "lock" the host role of the DS when it logs in so nobody can edit any settings and hijack the server.

It should be able to schedule lobby/race starts, so we could make a rated race series that runs every hour back to back, even if there is no people around to maintain every race. The races should start even with no people in it and run until session is out and loop back to next session without giving away host role.

I would love to try run something like a weekly map rotation, something like the iRacing official series, and change the map and do maintenance every Sunday midnight.

There is probably a bunch of other ideas for it, but even a very basic version of it would be fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Roy Niessink

thats a nice tool, you happen to know if there are other nice tools we could use with the ams2 dedi server?