1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simucube Support and triple screen setup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by D3L8OY, Nov 28, 2021.

1. D3L8OY

D3L8OY New Member AMS2 Club Member

Dear Programmers
    I am still at a loss as to why AMS2 does not have native support for SimuCube bases, on top of this there is a real issue with non wireless wheels and separate pedals.
    Here is a scenario, I have a Simucube Pro 2, a wired GSI wheel and Heusinkveld pedals. To get this to work I have to use the Custom Wheel pre-set, unplug my pedals, (no easy task in my rig), assign the Left and Right rotation, which by the way when you set the left the wheel springs back nearly braking your wrist and it is just about impossible to set the right rotation as it becomes super stiff.
    Next I have to set the shifters, and buttons. After this unplug the wheel, plug the pedals back in, assign them, calibrate the pedals, plug the wheel back in then calibrate it. Now this may work sometimes, if not I have to start all over again until I get the sequence right.
    So that was the wheel base and pedals> Triple screens wow this is special. I set the position on the triples using your inbuilt triple screen setting, go into a test race, and then I have to make adjustments. To do this I have to quite the race, go back to the options/triple screen. Then guess what I think the adjustment is then add those numbers, restart a test race, usually find out it is not quite right and do it again. I think I finally got the McLaren sort of right after 3 months but still not there. Surely you can allow users to pause the game and make adjustments while in the car, like what iRacing, ACC, RF2, AC all do.
    I hope you read this a can help you
    Thanks

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

You can avoid this by pressing the e-stop on your SimuCube, disabling the FFB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Duncan Halliday

Duncan Halliday New Member AMS2 Club Member

I dread having to assign the steering axis to my simucube 1. Constant 'multiple button presses detected' frustration...

And I've given up trying to assign buttons to my various different wheels, after more frustration. I now just use Xpadder and use keyboard buttons in AMS2. I feel like there must be a better way to select control maps than what racing sims currently do. They're all pretty rubbish at it!

4. Gevatter

You need to turn the wheel ~360 degrees in the direction you want to assign and then return it to center to avoid this error message. If you hold it or are too slow you'll get the error. It's an old Madness Engine bug that was already present in PC2.

5. Duncan Halliday

Duncan Halliday New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, cheers. I knew there was trick to it. I can just never remember it when I need to! :D

6. Gevatter

I can understand that, it took me four or five trips to the PC2 forums until I remembered it :D

7. D3L8OY

Well, this AMS2 Assignment situation is just getting worse. I just don't get it, Simucube being an extremely popular wheel base and Reiza cant have native support in the sim for it, every other sim does. I have unplugged just about every usb connection on my PC and still keep getting the ridiculous multi input error. I ONLY HAVE THE BASE CONNECTED REIZA. surely someone there should know how to program inputs even that dumb arcade mess Forza is easier to set up, Come on Reiza sort out the interface connection and the triple screen stuff stop just adding useless cars and get the core of this working correctly. If the sim functions well at its core then at least it would be playable. And yes I have tried to follow the suggestions here but still nothing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you know you sound a little frustrated :rolleyes:

No problems Assigning my SimuCube, Only thing I have to do is reducing my Steering Range to a low value in the driver, Assign in game and restore my default 900 degrees (in de driver) and calibrate in game
    I use custom profile and never have to unplug my USB connections.
    I am glad AMS2 supports custom profiles for direct input
    (I don't think Reiza is gonna listen to your "tip")

9. D3L8OY

Frustrated, yes a little. I have tried everything here an no luck, I have given up. Well I wont be a big loss to Reiza, just one useless customer. Its a shame as I backed this from the beginning as well as AMS1. The multi input error is completely stopping me from even getting started. The strange thing is when the game first came out it worked fine, it all change after the 1.1-1.2 update. The triple screens at least work but it would be great to have an adjustment while in the car instead of having to quit and guess the adjustments. Anyway all good at least there are better choices out there.

10. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I Understand your frustration, but it isn't gonna help

I had problems assigning my SimuCube.
    I reduced the rotation to a little value, I believe I choose 120 degrees in the driver.
    In game, I choose assign steering, but did no assigning but immediately left the game,
    And restarted the game and, back in the game I assigned my axis.
    Then I returned my steering wheel to 900 degrees
    and calibrated it

Did you contact, Heusinkveld?, Niels Heusinkveld is on the Credits for the car physics, perhaps he knows what to do.
    Heusinkveld is also in game as a sponsor, I think they want their pedals to work in game.

(I don't know anything about setting up your tripples)