1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Havner

Havner Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Various, see below
    Applicable Settings: Look back camera position on various cars
    Report: Some cars have a poor Look back camera position where the rear wing obscures the view almost completely:
    - McLaren 720S GT3
    - MCR S2000 P4
    Steps to reproduce: Run the car in question, hit Look back

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, one would expect the wheel to remain if the display is on the wheel itself, but this is not the case with a few cars.

3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: Metalmoro P4
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: Dashboard light is missing / is gone...
    P4.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 Version 1.3.1.0.1912
    Track:
    Oulton Park Car: Ginetta G55 - Online Lobby Race
    Report: Own driver flag showing a random wrong country flag after quali and race session.

AMS2_flag_issue_Rocco.png.jpg

The same happened before at Long Beach, same car, there it showed a UK flag after race:

upload_2021-12-5_18-44-14.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. VFX Pro

Perhaps, I'm wrong, but that car never had a lit dashboard and/or lights.

6. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Pit window for custom championship is not from lap 1 it's at the end of the race so it's pointless turning it on. This needs to be the same as si gle race mode....

7. Theo Lupu

Theo Lupu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins Glen GP w Inner loop
    Car Used: FR US Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: Ranked Multiplayer , manual rolling start w full outlap
    Report: Light went green to start the race when the field was in the Esses.
    Steps to reproduce: Race start, manual full outlap

8. Theo Lupu

Theo Lupu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins Glen GP w Inner loop
    Car Used: BMW Procar
    Applicable Settings: Ranked Multiplayer , AI rolling start (no outlap)
    Report: P3/32, AI put me in the wall on the last turn before the pit straight, flipped the car before it gave manual control.
    Steps to reproduce: AI rolling start

9. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Many; e.g. Cleveland, Long Beach, Watkins
    Car Used: Formulas USA Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: Pit Road driving
    Report: Pit road speeds are 62 yet the warning banner at the top says 37. This is a problem I've seen at other tracks/cars as well.
    Steps to reproduce: Manually drive pit road.

10. BRIAN ROGERS

Track & Layout Used: Not applicable
    Car Used: Not applicable
    Applicable Settings: Mulitplayer
    Report: Tried to join multiple lobby's and got a "Too Many player" message, yet the lobby screen is saying 17/30 players.
    Steps to reproduce: Try to join lobby's that say there should be openings.

11. BRIAN ROGERS

Track & Layout Used: Imola
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: Mulitplayer lobby
    Report: Multiple AI in the online lobby had damage; up to 3 tires missing, cars driving sideways, floating above track a few inches, wheels turned fully left or right and they were still running at race pace. I've seen this in other cars as well.
    Steps to reproduce: Race with AI online. I have no idea if it was visual only damage, assuming?

12. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: every Track
    Car Used: all openwheeler
    Applicable Settings: camera shaking
    Report: camera shaking is awful to drive. Please repair this.
    Steps to reproduce: Try to put all off and 0 and still the car bouncing like a rabbit. No matter what you chose the feeling to drive is awful i feel ill when i drive ams2, in others sim is all fine

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BRIAN ROGERS

Track & Layout Used: Not applicable
    Car Used: Not applicable
    Applicable Settings: Not Applicable
    Report: Game enhancements.
    1. Some cars odometers work, but many do not. Seem to be the older cars but I'd be neat to have them all work. C3 Vette is an example.
    2. When settings are on "Imperial", please have the interior view speedometers change to MPH instead of KPH. I'm assuming this whould be had or impossible to do for older cars with analog gauges, but many cars have digital so that seems like an easy update.
    3. You added Displacement to the UI screen, please add the year of the vehicle as well.
    4. Many people aren't aware you can't join online lobbies with 2 or 3 minutes remaining in the session, suggest adding a warning message to tell people why they can't join like you have for lobby's being too full. Eg. "Can't join lobby until next session", or "Can't join on-going race", etc.
    5. Add skip laps or a usable slider bar so you can view replays faster. Ex, if there is an incident on the last lap of a :25-minute race, you have to zoom through at X10 to get to the end, takes too long.
    6. Add AI Strength/Aggression to the UI for online lobbies. Nothing worse than joining a lobby with AI and they are going at a snail's pace or too fast. Also, if the AI is perfect for your ability, knowing the AI strength can help you when setting up offline or online races.

Steps to reproduce: Not applicable

14. VFX Pro

First, set your view to legacy, and leave it at 40. Try the metalmoro P2... the best open wheeler without the crazy bounce found is some other cars.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. EnterTheBiscuit

EnterTheBiscuit New Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: Setup management is broken because names are globally unique and the character length limit for names is impractically tiny. This is game-breaking because setup takes time, and you need flexibility to create your own presets and test variations. It is a sim, but it's also a computer game, so save-slots, especially on PC, should not be a problem in the 21st Century. Example: My Imola setup was amazing so then I bought the Premium Track Pack to get Nurburgring Veedol GP, only to find it is an ice-rink without major adjustment to ARBs; spring rates and dampers (had to turn then almost all down!). I only have experience of v1.3; has it always been this crippling? I just cannot keep playing this and I've only owned the game for one week. *big frown*
    Steps to reproduce: Try creating a useful array of setups for a single car i.e. one per track such as Imola and Nurburgring. Try giving them a sensible name, such as "Mercedes AMG GT3" (the default value for that car) followed by the name of the track. Too many characters already, and I am not even talking about adding extra characters for wet or hot/cold flags. At a push I can do "MercAMGGT3 NBurgV" but that is horrendous and not scalable or sustainable.
    Screenshots: n/a

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AvengedSevenSam

AvengedSevenSam New Member

Track & Layout Used: Long Beach
    Car Used: Dallara F309
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Any overtake at T1 is seen as unsportsmanlike behavior and as a track limit violation. If I don't overtake anyone in T1 it is simply a track limit violation.
    Steps to reproduce: Take T1 in the dallara f309 and see if you get a track limit/unsportsmanlike behavior warning.

17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All you have to do is loading the setup from your imola folder and saving it under the Nurburgring with a different name. That is what I do. I use the format AMGNurbGP-T (or Q or R): there is no need to specify which class as setups are exclusive to a given car.
    Regarding the change in feeling from one track to another: it is pretty normal. No two tracks usually require the same setup. I spent lots of hours racing and preparing setups for my championship races and not one time I figures a great setup I could re-use it somewhere else without significant changes.
    Second point: not sure about the settings you used by I believe track temperatures between Imola and Nurburgring could be very different and that in itself will make your tires run on very different temps, make sure you keep an eye on them.
    Third consider that there are some tracks at high elevation where aero gets a significant reduction and that contributes a lot to the bad feeling about the car unless you recover some mechanical grip
    In simple words, AMS2 setups are very powerful but also require you to put constant effort.

18. MarkBLN

MarkBLN New Member

Track & Layout Used: n/a
    Car Used: n/a
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: I have three requests for changes to be made to greatly improve the experience regarding quick hosting multiplayer.

1) please permanently save the hosting info, so we don't have to enter the server name and password every single time we create a game.

2) The ability to change the ai settings once the server has been created, and not have to quit and start again anytime an ai change is required (to better match ai performance when Changing cars or tracks etc.)

3) The ability to skip sessions. So you don't have to wait for practice or quali to run down. Have it so can vote to skip like other games have.

I know all of these faults have carried over from pcars, so I don't know if you have the ability to get that deep into engine changes to make these fixes? Would be great if you could. They are the main things that still hold back the multiplayer experience.

Steps to reproduce
    : n/a

19. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you show a picture of the settings you talking about?

20. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

how is your car so much faster ?