1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayers server Issue URGENT

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Giovanni strano, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Giovanni strano

Giovanni strano New Member

Dears, today I jumped in several servers and happened three times that after qualifying the race doesn’t start and administrators claim they have no way to make them start.. could you pls fix this issue.. it is pretty annoying
    Thanks!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

seen this multiple times aswell.

the lobby just gets stuck at 00:00, to me it feels like the server is waiting for a car to finish its lap but that person has already disconnected or similiar, and thus waits forever

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe one thing you can try is to look at the status of all players and see if all are in the pits, or if one or more still has status "Racing". And then kick that player… but if the player already has disconnected and the game is waiting for something that will never happen, it might not work.

4. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

they were all "finished"
    and the kicking doesnt do anything, feels like u need basically everyone to votekick that person

5. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I see this from time to time, when the initial creator of the lobby has left.
    then -> A) nobody is the "host" or B) a random person is "host"
    it then takes many minutes (guess 2-5) for the race phase to come up. Sometimes it takes even longer, then everybody leaves.

I NEVER had this in my own created lobbies, when I was in charge of the host position. However to activate the race phase, I sometimes have to click the continue button twice OR if this doesnt work I hit return on the keyboard. This guarantees the race phase to begins within seconds.

6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that happens to me, too.

7. Giovanni strano

It needs a fix.. I hope Reiza ppl read

8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Seldom happens to a race I joined, Never happens in a race I started myself.
    Does it also happen in a race you host ?
    If you are really in such a hurry, it is best to look for the situation in which it happens and try to reproduce it a few times, If you manage, then you can make a bug report with your experiences, If we can reproduce your problem, it is usually solved quickly.

9. Giovanni strano

Happened only in servers I joined. The situation is what described above also by other users (Rocco explained it very well). Cheers

10. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

if you are on a dedicated server its possible to kick a player directly by using the "STATUS(old)" webpage. w/o votes ;)

11. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

unfortunately are most of the servers with people in them player created lobbies, and even if you happen to find a dedicated server, chances are the owner isnt playing or available. the server is most likely empty before someone is able to react.

12. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

that was just a hint, how its possible.
    BTW, a local dedicated server is set up in minutes.
    So its on the people who are hosting.
    I understand, that its really easy to setup a P2P session, but people who host more than some sessions per week should think about using a DS.
    Not only because its easy to kick, its also possible to blacklist idiots and export logfiles to create results tables on simresults page.
    Just a bit effort once and your sim life is enhanced ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

the question than is, if kicking someone really does fix the stuck lobbies.
    i have the suspicion that the server gets stuck when someone loses connection (game crash or ragequit) during the cooldown from qualy to race.
    we just have to wait for reiza to release a patch in a few months :rolleyes: