1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. itnoetic

itnoetic New Member

As an exclusively-VR player, I want that more than any VR QoL improvements.

If that option is enabled, then the car restarts itself automatically if you press the gas after it stalls. If that option is disabled, then you have to have a start engine button bound.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

3. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pre-race start wheel position check
    I've had now two races wasted online where after a spin - came back to pits and started the race with wheel pointing in a wrong direction as there's no indication of wheel position prior to the start. So took myself and few others unnecessarily as car verged to the wall and bounced back on the track.

Could be something in the menu or during the lights phase to warn that the wheel is not centred. VR user with HUD disabled.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cleveland pit exit penalty is a bit weird. It forces you to turn into oncoming traffic in some weird hidden chicane.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What setting are you using for "MENU SPRING STRENGTH" under FFB section of CONTROLS?

6. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would personally rank this as "big" bug.
    Horizon lock is not working good with banks. Which makes big banks tracks basically undriveable in VR. The engine shall pick up the tangens of the bank as a horizon to lock on, but it picks some weird compromise between this and world horizon.
    So to drive with correct head (at least) position you have to tilt it into the bank, which of course is not quite good. And good luck doing it for one hour in an Indycar race.
    I am aware the Madness Engine might not allow to change this, but if it could: please please please.

7. RDG

RDG Active Member

Any chance of getting lockup lights implemented in the GT cars? They’re already modelled, just not working right now and imo they’re great for immersion and actually aid a lot during night driving.

A DRS light would also help in the Ultimate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

20 and 100% for "Spring Effect Strength" in Fanatec's control panel.

The FFB is completely off in menu and leading to the start of the race, even during rolling start there's nothing until the controls are given to the player and sadly there's no indication of things being incorrect until it's too late :(

9. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

So....not sure if it was mentioned. But Watkins Glen T1 track limits? Anyone? No? Kay. But the top time in F USA is pulling a Kimi Raikkonen at Spa through La Source and is using the wall as the track limits.

Also, in replays Karts have 900 degrees of rotation while the Karts are only 180 degrees of rotation. In the cockpit, this works but in the replay, the poor driver is going bonkers trying to turn, quite funny to look at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This has probably been mentioned before but can we move the in race chat box! When people chat mid race or join/leave and you are hitting the apex you cannot see it, very distracting!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. szo

szo New Member

So thats how you exit the pit. I have not left it without getting a penalty yet.

12. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

The Pit Strategy that you created and named, why are they always out of order? For example, if I create a strategy called "Front Suspension" and it will stay at the top of the list as more are being created. But once you start some races and getting in and out accessing the strategies you created, sometimes what was at the top is now somewhere at the bottom or in the middle....my question is why? Please fix this because I am using Voice Attack and it is specific in what it is fetching and if the list of order are wrong, it fetches the wrong strategy. I don't think developers even know about this or how Voice Attack work but if they do, they would have fixed it.

13. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

Something that bugs me a bit is Donington Park is shown in United Kingdom and not with the other English tracks or the other English tracks with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Hunt

Hunt New Member

No track limits at T1 Watkins Glen

15. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

This has sense been fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

AI drivers are currently unable to unlap themselves even if they're several seconds a lap faster than the cars they're trying to pass. This is because as soon as they make the pass, they get blue-flagged and the "let the other car pass at the next corner"-behavior kicks in.
    What this basically means is that a faster AI in this situation effectively starts trolling the player, trying to pass at every opportunity but then slowing down if successful.

Usually in sims there's a grace period for an unlapping car to get some distance to avoid stuff like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. RDG

RDG Active Member

Is anybody going to make a summary out of this at some point or are we just going to rehash the same items over and over again until it gets closed or simply ignored :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. jonathon

jonathon Linuxer

A minor niggle with Brands Hatch is the inner curb at Druids which should have raised rounded elements. The current AMS2 curb texture hints at the raised elements but they need bringing into 3D.

19. Nats

Nats Member

No DRS zones at Monza

20. Kuerva

Kuerva New Member

Hi!, first of all thanks for the work that you are doing with AMS2, this latest update 1.3 has been a great step forward, but there are still small details that are easy and quick to solve that still continue and not give a good global image of the simulator, here I comment some:

1. Buttons assignment for fuel map and change the scale from 1 to 10.

In the same category, for example GT3, there are cars with a fuel map and others that do not, in addition, you cannot assign buttons to change it in the race, only in car management, the same as in previous versions with TC and ABS and you solved it. The values are in decimals, from 0.9 to 1.0.

2. Disable or remove anti-roll bar adjustment from the car management if you do not have that possibility in the real car.
    Most cars do not have anti-roll bar adjustment from the car in the real car, those are mechanical adjustments and you can change it in car management from the car, that's not realistic.

3. Gear ratio adjustment range.
    At least in GTE, GT3 cars and I suppose in more, you have no margin for adjusting the gear ratio, that is, if you one click down or up any gear, the gear overlaps with the previous or next one. If by category regulations it is not possible to change them, then disable the option in the setup and if it is possible in real car and regulations, correct the parameters.

4. Default value of steering lock in setup.
    Most cars have a default value of 20° in the steering lock, in addition to that it is not realistic, when new potential users try AMS2 the steering feel is very sensitive compared to other sims and they give bad feedback and comments. A value of 16° would be much more accurate depending on the car.

5. Show the steering wheel lock radius in the car description.
    Depending of type of car, the steering wheel lock radius is different, 400°, 540°, 720°, 900°, etc. if it is not possible for AMS2 to change the steering wheel lock parameter from app/driver automatically like iRacing, rFactor 2 or Assetto Corsa with CSP, then at least show the parameter in the description to adjust it manually from the steering wheel app/driver if user want.

6. (Optional) Default camera value of legacy head movement YES and head movement 20.
    Many new users complain that the car bounces a lot, but that feeling is due to the default camera settings, if default value is legacy mode which is what most are used to from other simulators, many people will stop criticizing the game in that aspect.

I am not a programmer, but they are small details that in principle have an easy and quick solution and would greatly improve the overall simulator image for more hardcore users who come from other racing sims.

Keep it up!!

• Agree Agree x 1