Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. bazziboy

bazziboy Member

I just tried it with my T300RS.
    I did some laps in Monaco and Southafrica with the hot MCLaren GT1 and it feels really good.
    I tuned down FX and LFB a bit and upped damping a bit from my Standard+ settings.
    Preferring it to the standard FFB it seems.
    Thank you Karsten and the others for your hard work :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

My ingame settings during the process were:gain 30-35 and lfb 8-12 both depending on the car, fx 30 and damping 0. TD settings the same old. That's with the PRO, so you may need to up a bit the gain.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

We have a slight variation in how we set it.
    @Panos Schoino's settings are probably better, as he is much more sensitive to the differences than I am.

I have:

Gain: 25-30 for formula cars, ~30-33 for GT1, ~35-37 for GTE/GT3, ~37-40 for caterhams.

FX at ~24.

Damping 0-30, I have not made up my mind what I prefer. I like it at 0 and I like it at 30. Never even tried 15.

LFB all the way down to 0 for some cars. I assume this is not optimal for records and I prob. would like it just as much at 8-12. Also have not quite made up my mind on this.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Mathias[NuoSimulation] New Member

Hello and thank you for V5.0. I was just able to test it. But I have to say that I prefer the alecgunner version by far. I also use a Simucube 2 pro. For me, the V5.0 is much too spongy around the middle position. With AlecGunners Version, I have the feeling that I'm really driving a car.

5. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would have to agree. This file for me just has way too much understeer feel. Have played with the setting for it and others, but just cant get the feel I like. Have you added a feeling of the gear changes? It feels like there is a slight jerk when changing gears on some cars. Could also be my imagination too. :)

6. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Thank you, @Karsten Hvidberg and @Panos Schoino for your quick replys.

Actually my current in-game settings are very close or even similar to @Panos Schoino 's settings so looks like no need for any significant changes for now. I will experiment with the settings once I get a chance to test the file later afternoon. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey @Mathias[NuoSimulation] @Michael Enright ,

What settings are you running in-game and in Truedrive / fanatec settings?

@Michael Enright your base being CSW I am not so surprised, since the new file did not get a true CSW overhaul by anybody yet :)

But I am surprised by @Mathias[NuoSimulation] description. I would not color it spongy on my base for sure.

Will be interesting to learn about the settings you guys use.
    Also will be very interesting to give @Alegunner68's version a run :)

Best,

-K

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  8. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

The FX is the problem. I had fx on 30. now on 0 and the spongy feeling for me is gone. I will test it further :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

what I can say. With the V 5.0 I have a very good feeling for over- and understeer and I was able to immediately improve my times on Cleveland/Champcars.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

What FX did you end up using?

11. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

FX is set to 0. The higher I set fx, the worse the center position becomes. Isn't that the case with you?

12. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll play around a bit more later, and see if I can find some settings that I am happy with, and take note of what I try and will let you know. I have tried back to back v5 and Alegunner68's and still prefer the latter. I will put a bit more time into v5 and see what I can come up with. Thanks @Karsten Hvidberg and co for these files. They certainly add something to AMS2 for a lot of us.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

no, it's not, I have FX at 24. I also don't think @Panos Schoino has the issue at FX 30.
    Are you sure you have "custom" selected in the force ffb screen?
    And that the file is named correctly?

FX at 0 would feel extremely dead in general using the custom file. No tear, no scrub, no engine, nothing.

What TrueDrive settings are you using?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Using a CSL DD I’m finding the stock 5.0 to give me very little cornering resistance, at least compared to what I have been using. Previously running 4.4 at the below settings which were my initial settings with 5.0.

65-15-30-0

The tires don’t seem to load up in the way I’d expect. This may be my lack of experience but even adjusting the in-game forces it seems exceptionally light to me. Everything else provides great feedback.

I’ve also tried Alecgunner’s file and this has the cornering force I think I prefer. At the weekend I’ll play around in the file itself and see if I can adjust to my taste.

I can’t thank everyone who’s contributed to these files enough though - fantastic work and a fantastic community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Magnus,

I think it might be that your base requires less "power_steering_angle". It is set to 0.4 in the file, maybe try 0.0 to see if that is the correct thing to be changing. Perhaps 0.1 or 0.2 is better for your base and you?
    It might not be that at all, just a guess at what you like based on your wording :)

-K

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Thank you Karsten, I’ll give that a try first.

Yes, my wording is probably not the most informative…I’m literally and figuratively feeling my way through editing these files:D

Thanks again

17. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Aim not at home at the moment. I mean friction 20 inertia 10. the rest ist off.. the rec. filter on 1(Minimum). Also 100 % force. In Game 55-60 gain. 35 are way to soft for me.

can you show me your truedrive settings?..

18. Karsten Hvidberg

19. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi Can you post your TD settings please?

20. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Like everything, it's a matter of taste But I will test yours. I like more force but less shaking