URD T5 2012/13 for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by Fabio Oliveira Silva, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From DTM.com : The highest top speed: The top speed achieved in the DTM race at the Red Bull Ring amounted to 246kph. This speed was achieved by the two Audi drivers Adrien Tambay and Nico Müller as well as BMW’s Maxime Martin. The speed trap was placed at the long straight following turn one, right before the braking point for turn two. With a speed of 243kph, race winner Marco Wittmann made it to a midfield position, in this area, with Felix da Costa (241kph) being the driver who crossed the speed trap at the lowest speed. At the end of the day, the gap between the fastest and the slowest of the 23 DTM drivers amounted to just 5kph.

2. madleecher1985

madleecher1985 Member AMS2 Club Member

Think the team of URD is on the right way ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A club member spotted another issue with them - the Mercedes have 0 caster on the front right wheel and you can't adjust it.

Whether this means there is indeed no caster or not I don't know but be good if it could be looked at.

Cheers.

4. Rodders

Hi - I got the update and glad to say the FFB is much better (if a bit light on default, nothing upping the realfeel FFB strength can't fix though).

However they get terrible understeer. If I had to guess I'd say they have no front aero.

The last version felt too planted but overall, with the Realfeelpligin.ini tweaks, I hate to say I think it was better.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  5. Rodders

Another temporary fix if anyone got the update - paste the Frontwing and Rearwing settings from the v1.0 HDVs over the v1.1 HDV's. Understeer disappears and steering weighs up better.

I tried just the front wing but it makes the front so grippy you spin out on corners at any reasonable speed.

6. madleecher1985

Setup complete for Audi 2012 ... what you think ?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

is the ffb fixed yet officially?

8. Rodders

As per my previous posts, the FFB feels fine now but the cars understeer terribly as if they have no front downforce. I put up a temporary fix.

9. madleecher1985

2012 skins are finish for URD T5 Automobilista Edition ... only some little thinks on Steering Wheels and the Hankook Tyres are missing.

Yes in Version 1.1 it's offical fixed

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rodders

Found that the Power Diff, whether at 0% or 100% has no discernible effect on the cars (tried Audi and BMW) so I don't think it's working.

These are so close to being great cars..........

11. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the understeer is just a conservative setup. A bit less rear wing and reduced front arb seems to do the trick. Nice set of skins for these cars available as well:

AMS URD T5 DTM Skin Pack 2016

12. Rodders

On default front grip is more akin to a Super V8. These things are supposed to corner more like a formula car than a tin top. That's not just a conservative setup.

I know about 10 people that tried the mod and they all said the same thing so I'm fairly confident it's not just my subjective opinion.

13. madleecher1985

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rodders

Hi - will there be any more updates to fix this mod or is it considered to be complete now?

15. madleecher1985

We plan the 2013 Skinpack also .. and also i want do some fix to improve this mod, because some settings are very ugly

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fabio Oliveira Silva

Fabio Oliveira Silva New Member AMS2 Club Member

Will you upgrade the C7R mod to AMS? It is a great mod and deserves an update.
    Problems:
    Inverted side mirrors;
    Inconsistent tachometer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What good are skinpacks when the car doesn't handle correctly? If you expect people to pay for this then it needs to drive like it has some grip, as said it feels like there is no aero and you can't dial that out with set up.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. BattleOvce

BattleOvce In-game Patrik Šulc AMS2 Club Member

I bought this, I want ask you, how do you feel about downforce ?
    I Think that they act like without downforce if I compare it to DTM in raceroom

19. Rodders

It's all there if you read back on this thread - front downforce is wrong which gives awful understeer. I copied the front and rearwing settings from the v1.0 HDV over the v1.1 HDV and it's much better.

So close to being great these but still, even with the temp fix for the understeer, too buggy.

Anyone had the rocketship car effect when you go over some kerbs - car hits something and literally launches vertically in the air. I'd guess the model is clipping into the track.

Had really hoped URD would have fixed these properly by now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TheGrunt

TheGrunt New Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you copy the 1.0 HDV lines here (or at least PM them for me)? I purchased the T5 after 1.1 was released and there is no option in sellfy to download the previous 1.0 version.

I like URD stuff on rF2 in general, but even on rF2 it seems it can take forever for them to fix even the smallest issues and release new versions. I wouldn't complain if their mods would be free, but they are payware. If money is involved, I expect that this kind of small issues are fixed in a matter of days. Full physics updates are another matter, but this kind of stuff is very far from such endeavor.