1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumbest thing you have done in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, Oct 21, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some of these are hilarious guys, putting a smile on my face!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Scoops

Scoops Member

I spent half a day with AMS2 uninstalling and reinstalling as it had stopped working my motion rig. Went through all files for anything obvious validated files etc etc

Then released the emergency stop button :oops:

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Celebrated a lap early... (☞ ಠ_ಠ)☞

I may be good at 360's, but they're terrible for lap time.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I feel dumb every time I forget about the stall bug and stall the F-V10 in the middle of a race after a spin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What is the stall bug?

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-V10 is stalling with auto-clutch activated, as soon as you apply a gear in standstill.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jebalkin

Jebalkin New Member

I thought Renato Simioni(AI) was Renato Simioni.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Good, good. Lets do another one..

So back in March I installed new wooden blinds. They are fricking amazing. Keep in mind I do own two cats.. Well, they own me.. but anyway. To the subject. It was a couple of days after. I was blasting in AMS 2 MP Lobby. Had great fun battling with some guy. We racing towards the finish. We are nose to nose. Then.. one of my fricking cats was molesting my fricking new blinds. I was like: Psshhhhhh. Don't fricking do that.. While I turned me head to the cats.. I fricking crashed the very last corner of Bathurst. Thus the guy I battled won the race.. Cats... They ruin everything :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  9. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Attempting to re-enact Brock's legendary 'setting the fastest lap time on last lap' at Bathurst.

Mine was a GT4 race. It had been sublime. Took an early lead and run away with it.
    It had been a long race and feeling in a perfect rhythm and supremely confident with a light fuel load and fair bit of tyre life left, I thought I'd smash the lap record on the last lap and cover myself in glory and the adulation of imagined crowd and commentators.

Ended up ping ponging off several barriers at the cutting :(

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Playing F1 ultimate on Monza and sitting on the gearbox of the guy in P1, lifting to remain behind to maximise the tow onto the last straight. I'd been holding that position for a lap or two because we'd been switching back and forth before that with the tow rubber band effect. I then missed the braking point entirely on the last corner and completely wiped him out.

I apologised but he was, understandably, not happy and I felt like a proper muppet! XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. F1Aussie

Another one I can add to the list of shame, rolling start at Daytona and I dropped the fuel mix to lean on the formation lap, forgot to put it back up to rich or normal and got swamped by half the field, then was so focussed on adjusting it towards the end of the lap that I followed the cars ahead of me into the pit lane then managed to slide my way across the grass at pit entry to join last back on track, after starting on pole 2 minutes earlier.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

I think a lot of people can relate to that one.
    I made the "mistake" of joining a lobby the other night with damage disabled, which is always a warning sign to me (zero damage = zero consequences in my opinion, which often results in people playing "bumper cars").
    So the race starts, I'm keeping up with the leaders and there's a 3 way battle going, until some person takes me out with the most blatant punt I've had in a long time. Either they had a mental spasm, lapse of judgement, completely misjudged their braking point, or perhaps they did it on purpose. I made a rather direct sarcastic comment from the gravel trap before exiting. I'd rather leave that style of play to other people.

A couple of my other "classics" are leaving the track as a result of reaching for a drink - they're normally sitting on my left hand side on top of my PC tower case, so it's a perfect spot and really handy (I don't put them on my desk due the force feedback from the wheel being a "drink hazard").

Or forgetting where the cat is who likes to visit me, then being suddenly spooked when she decides to jump up on to my lap. That generally results in me saying "not now cat, I'm trying to drive god damn it", but often the damage has already been done - and obviously the cat doesn't care.

Or my classic of realising I've had "one too many beers" during my gaming session and it suddenly dawns on me that my driving ability is seriously impaired. Usually I click after a corner or two, when I start missing apexes, but sometimes you think "I'm good", then something bad happens and you think - "No - I'm boozed, time to stop gaming and watch a movie or some TV".
    I'm sure there's others too.

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Context: 20 years ago, I was nearly in a car accident. I was driving at night in winter, and what was either a deer or a young moose ran across the road. Luckily, I was able to swerve onto the shoulder and avoid a collision.

So, back to AMS2: Endurance race at Bathurst, 2 hours at 5x time acceleration, starting at dusk. After an hour, cars are starting to do their pit stops, and it's completely dark. I haven't pitted yet, and I'm driving along the finish straight, towards the left side because I have two cars in my rearview mirror. By the way, I'm driving in VR.

That's when I see it in my headlights. A man suddenly sprinting out from the pits and onto the track. Instinctively, I stomp on my brakes. The car behind swerves to avoid me, and takes out the other car behind. It's been months since I've been startled that much! Thankfully, this was in a championship against AI and not in Multiplayer. I had to pause and take a walk outside to get rid of the leftover anxiety. OK, so maybe it wasn't completely irrational what I did, but it was both scary and funny in hindsight.

Lesson learned: I've now turned off all pit crew details in the graphics settings :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. F1Aussie

I thought you were going to say a kangaroo came out of nowhere down conrod straight, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Memories of wildlife in Richard Burns Rally :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just started to use Discord a few weeks ago.
    After racing in a G40 a was invited to race a GT1 race. With just 3 minutes left I did an outlap at Kansai and then a hot lap. I ended up 3rd (in a strong field). I was telling at Discord that I was proud of my lap because of the difference in speed and drivestyle of the two cars. Talking about it I forgot to hit ‘drive’ and was DQ’ed.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1