1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Mathias[NuoSimulation] New Member

what's with the translation?

And this is an English-speaking forum anyway. You can translate everything via deepl.com and vice versa.

About the FFB. So I have massive oscillation now too. Even with the engine off. The feeling is also somehow gone. I'm back from Kukus 5.01 version to alegunners4.6.
    I hope there will be a hotfix soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I think he is trying to tell me this tip

"Hello Kuku

Change lf_slider_strength to 0.15-0.2 for the 5.01 original file"

But im struggling to find this in file
    Maybe its meant to be lfb_slider_strength ?
    I tried that and it didn't really make much difference..

I agree that Alegunners tune seems to be working the best of them so far.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thought I was going mad or slightly drunk when doing some laps last night ! Just couldn't get comfortable with any car/track combo ! Thought at the time that the ffb didn't seem as vibrant as usual , tried all flavours but nothing seemed to gel . Went to bed thinking it was probably me or the three large glasses of merlot causing the dull ffb .
    Simplicity SW20 DD wheel .

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Mathias[NuoSimulation] New Member

i felt the same way. something felt different. i blamed it on the changes in physics. I've only tested the F1 V12 so far. it's actually a bit better to drive now, but you just don't feel much. The default + is also not drivable for me.
    Something like that shouldn't happen. It should be noticeable. New players test it once and possibly never again.

5. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Very strange indeed. I reported it here, where the effect for me is quite large!
    Frustrating as 'just' before the update I recorded a video where the FFB was feeling superb, and then after the update completely different feeling...and ramming the A.I causes another very different feeling (With much more weight).

6. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried @Kuku Maddog 5.0.1 file and can agree it's very numb for some reason, telemetry shows the third bar maxing out on corners.
    Feels ok again going back to mine although I've reduced gain a lot.
    I'll drop it here again as well as another tweaked one which may feel a bit smoother.
    40, 15, 55, 0, 0.
    Happy New Year BTW!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2
  7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Ja

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

At the moment for my SC2 Sport wheelbase the best file is definitely @Kuku Maddog 's hybrid rFuktor 4.6-5.0 Delta-S Evo Primary scrub Plus. With this file the FFB feels nice and detailed with the McLaren MP4/12 on the latest V1.3.2.0 game update, it also felt nice and detailed with the Corvette C8R GTE car when I drove it yesterday.

I also tried today Kuku's tuned rFuktor 5.0.1 and @Alegunner68 's rFuktor 4.6 Delta-S belt wheel tune, both of them can be found from Kuku's "rFuktor 4.6 Delta Archives" which can be downloaded from the link in his signature.

On the latest V1.3.2.0 game update both of files mentioned earlier doesn't feel good at all with my wheelbase, they just feel too numb and vague. Especially Alegunner's file felt seriously flawed, it just felt way too heavy with no details at all with the McLaren MP4/12 which made it pretty much undrivable for me. Strange thing is that with the previous game versions I used to love this file because of it's robust feel and the same also applies to Kuku's 5.0.1 tune which was a very consistant all-rounder file with a nice steering weight on it.

Until Reiza releases another game update, I think I will stick with Kuku's hybrid rFuktor 4.6-5.0 Delta-S Evo Primary scrub Plus. Once again with this file I have set a new world record today on Nordschleife with the McLaren MP4/12 (I managed to improve the world record lap I have set yesterday) so this confirms that this file definitely works nicely for me and for my wheelbase at the moment with the current game update.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/sodeut0klw...schleife_tumi_world_record_02-01-22.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/x6byu1qvjt..._world_record_02-01-22_sector_times.png?raw=1

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. nabelo

nabelo New Member

Hey Alegunner!! Thnx for those files...
    Which one of those two is the "smoother" one?

10. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The second one, feels a bit more balanced to me as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Des Bain

Des Bain New Member AMS2 Club Member

The second file is a corker!

• Like Like x 1
  12. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Dang just when everything felt dialed! Always a moving target here lol.
    But overall very pleased with the progress and what AMS2 and FFB tech is becoming.

I had so much fun ripping the new Indy car around Watkins Glen throttle steering out
    of the corners with a balanced setup! It was really the first time it's felt close to a real
    race car for me.

tUMi congrats on your world records, nice drivin! Certainly a testament to the quality of the
    work being done here.

I'll try the recommended files in the mean time.

Cheers!
    Axis

• Like Like x 1
  13. JDean

JDean New Member

The Game feels complete different now. With Alegunners files i made some records, and never spin. Very good files for save sliding and drifting.
    What i miss is the understeer feeling from the old original file. The Steering goes lighter with less grip, like in the real world. So you can feel the edge of the tyre. This is important for long curves like Ibarra Race Track etc.

14. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Everybody's Forum Hero @CrimsonEminence may have found the cause.

It seems like the game has reverted to a lower frequency FFB.
    my hap hazard guess is its defaulted to PC2 rate for some people at least.

to get around this please try adding this code into launch settings for game under game properties in steam.
    -ffb 600

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That's not yet sure, just to be clear. It's a relatively fresh find. But i also found it to be better at -ffb 600 indeed.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. pista hufnagel

pista hufnagel New Member

Thank you Kuku and CrimsonEminence!
    The ffb is perfect again!
    Happy new year!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Canard

Canard New Member

Hello everyone :) I just picked up AMS2 with a CSL DD and I'm amazed by the quality of the files shared in this topic, huge thanks to all the contributors.

After playing for about a week with the CSL DD it occurs to me that, -driver wise-, I like my FFB the "cleanest" as possible:
    - linearity on; why would anyone use peak on such wheel base ? It seems to me as if I was listening to classical music with a big fat electro/hip hop equalizer. Change my mind if I'm missing something.
    - no driver damper; just a necessary evil to prevent oscillation, especially with Linearity on Peak setting, right ? Leave that to the game if possible.
    - lowest reasonable interpolation.

Silver Raw rFuktor 5.0.3 works like a charm with such config, I was especially amazed how the car behaves in situation where default FFB oscillates. Feels so natural !

Now I'd like to dig a bit into the effects covered by the FX slider, as I got the feeling that I have to put it as low as 15 to get the best tire grip feedback in corners, but I might miss out some effects doing so.
    Could anyone point them to me in the config file so I can try to isolate and tone down the one that prevents me to instinctively feel the edge of the grip ? Thanks !

18. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this. It seems to be better now with that launch parameter.

19. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oskar goes to Marius, calibrating the wheel brought back the real deal :)

from 1.3.2.0 release thread:
    Could it be the wheel has been 'uncalibrate' with this update, so you've to calibrate it again? I was driving GT3 at Cascaval and noticed my wheel was little offset. I calibrated it and drove another lobby and no worries. FFB felt like before patch, I think so. Haven't raced a lot since Christmas.

@CrimsonEminence

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The interest of having Peak forces is to allow for higher short time forces. You aren't meant to use Peak to run your CSL DD at max force output since Peak is really just meant as a short burst of power that will cause the wheelbase to heat up quickly if it stays sustained (the top 25% of power output).
    The advantage of running linear is you can run your wheel at sustained high values knowing that the total output is also capped at 75% of the wheel's capability.
    The majority of players will run with peak forces but also avoid having sustained forces go beyond 60-70%. This allows for a relatively high force while still having room for bumps to be felt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1