Antialiasing

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Legion, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Legion

Legion New Member

Hello everyone
    How can I set the antialiasing? I don't see any options in game, with the exception of the anisotropic parameter.
    Can anyone help me?

2. wesleymendes

wesleymendes New Member

I believe that u can modify the ams config in ?\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista

3. Legion

Legion New Member

I'll try but I'm not very skilled with notes line option.
    Plus I have read something about SweetEffect config and I don't know if is going to conflict with something

4. Queequeg

Queequeg New Member AMS2 Club Member

Double click the game in your Steam library and select "Show Manual" instead of "Play Automobilista" in the launcher. This will open the manual in PDF format.

In it you will find detailed instructions on how to use Antialiasing in Automobilista.

In short, Automobilista's renderer currently doesn't offer in-game AA itself when taking advantage of the SweetFX settings the game comes with. This is no big deal imo because the default AA of the gmotor 2 engine on which the AMS renderer is based on sucks anyway:p. So the manual shows you how to enable AA using the software your graphics card most likely already comes with.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Legion

Legion New Member

thanks man, I'll check soon

6. jomardi

jomardi New Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. Legion

Legion New Member

Nice! So...your setting of Nvidia control panel will override any AA option of the game? Don't matter if I set any files ( SweetEffect and config AMS) to 1 values instead of 0, right? I can leave these files with 1 values?

8. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

9. jomardi

for this there 'nVidia inspector' to force ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Your pics does speak in your favour. But I was just passing some info I saw at RD. :)

11. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't tell the difference with the screens on my phone but you are not comparing like for like there so it is an unfair test. And also at least in my tests on an 850m and 960 8xS (4x ms + 2x ss iirc?) has significantly more aliasing compared to an equivalent 4x ms + 2x SGSS and I can easily run above an fps limit where it makes no difference. At 60hz, if you always get over 90fps there is no difference. FFB and physics are not reliant on fps.

So there is method in the recommendation. That said you are obviously entitled to find different settings that you prefer and maybe you have older hardware that works better with those settings.

12. jomardi

STRIX- 980Ti, i7-3820 3.8 GHz, 16GB 2133MHz etc...

13. Legion

Legion New Member

I think just to enable the AA it's enough for me. I don't care too much about graphics in a sim ( with the exception of the tarmac look, which is very important to drive fast, and in AMS is awesome.)
    Unfortunately the AA of the Isimotor it's horrible, but I find the solution so thank you guys. Tonight I'm gonna try the jomardi method

14. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm apologies, I need to investigate a little more. I just did some basic tests again, and I'm sure last time I ran the xS settings they did not work correctly, but they seem to be running okay now - although equivalent settings have similar FPS perfromance - and better AA seemingly too. I'll have to look into it. The tell tale I use is the armco at Interlagos btw.

That said I see some side effects with these settings, such as the splash screen when loading the game not showing...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  15. MysticReverie

MysticReverie Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1