Automobilista 2 -Time to Beat The Best! Can We Set The F309 World Record at Guapore?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 16, 2022.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@ControlLogix Hahaha that was exactly what I had hoped for when I teased Jugo :D
    I have just seen your WR in the Cart Honda thing on Ralonsos Guapore track.
    Il come and get you - hopefully :eek:
    But lets also see if @Jugulador is able to come up with one of his speziales setups and treat your WR :p
    Because he often have some inspirering (weird) setup parameter changes.:p

2. BrunoB

OK my good Mistar @ControlLogix - how about this one? :p
    hehe to be honest I was about to say that my personal borderline was something about 0:51.1something.
    But then suddenly something happened.
    Dunno what :confused:
    I set the new WR in a Toyota eventhough everybody knows that your Honda is faster.:p
    Hahaha joking ofcourse - because I coonsider them pretty equal.
    But now its your turn my good man - or Mistar Juguladors ;)

1.jpg

3. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

@BrunoB Ok no problem, in the Reynard Toyota...:whistle:

1.jpg

4. BrunoB

Hey @ControlLogix
    Good driving :)
    But it would have been more fun if you had been able to create your own setup - instead of just copy/paste mine.
    Thats the reason I consider competing with @Jugulador more fun.
    Hehe even when he does beat me ;)
    Because his often rather weird creations gives more inspiration - than plain copying.
    But thats probably just me:D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ControlLogix

@BrunoB
    The setups really don't matter to me, I just used yours because you challenged me so I wanted to beat your time using the same settings so that is was an even competition. :p Besides everyone knows this is a high downforce circuit, so everyone maxes their wings and softens up the roll bars to the max. Nothing really too groundbreaking with the setup ;)

With all that said your time was not easy to beat. There was definitely some sweat/fog going on in my Rift S trying to beat your time. :D

6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I just gave it a try, those top 2 times are pretty quick.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

But after I set the WR with F3... or at least got a second place.

8. BrunoB

Hey Jugu just like me I know you are able create your own custom setups instead of just copy others.
    So besides of your (often) tuff competition Im allways studying your "alternative" setups to maybe get some inspiration. :cool:

ByTheWay: To the contrary of plain copy cats you will never see me using your creations 1:1.
    Haha I just saw a copy of my own setup where the only change was completely closing of radiator and brake cooling where I allways use some realistic-ish 10-20% ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. BrunoB

Honestly you got to get a wheel.
    Its more fun to check if you really are able to establish an opposition - or just fooling around.
    Joking :p

ByTheWay: Just tell me if you want to buy an alternative "free holding" wheel as mine :p
    Because before the SRW-S1 was discontinued I bought about 7 as safety spareparts.
    But after about 10 years I have only used 2.
    Check out the crazy prices on Ebay - where I can be persuaded to sell 1 unopened for the same price as I originally bought it. ;)

10. FS7

I'd love to but wheels are very expensive here in Brazil (a G29 wheel costs almost the equivalent of 2 months of minimum wage salary), and I live in a small apartment with limited space.
    Hopefully some day in the future I'll get one.

11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Damn, I would love to get into this challenge... the problem for me is that the F-US are simply too bumpy and surge too hard for my motion rig compared to all other cars. I can't use them :(

12. BrunoB

Sorry to hear that.
    But then I will not tease you with the fact that the SRW Im talking about was developed both to people like me that because of leg injuries cannot use pedals - but also to people who for different reasons have no space for a normal wheel setup.
    I dont know how expensive a G29 is in US$ in Brazil - but I bought these SRWs for the equivalent of 110 US$.
    Each :D

@VFX Pro sorry to hear that.
    But on the opposite way of looking at your "luxory problem" :) then I can tell myself: Glad I didnt buy a motion rig :D
    Sorry couldnt help it;)

ByTheWay: A bright idea VFX how about switching off the power to your rig. Problem solved :p

13. VFX Pro

@BrunoB LOL...You have a good point. I might have to switch the power off indeed, to try to compete with you on the F-US leaderboard :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. FS7

A G29 wheel costs around BR$2000 here in Brazil (equivalent to US$364 at today's exchange rate). Buying it from a US/UK seller might seem cheaper but once I take into account the shipping cost and the 60% import tax that I'll have to pay to receive the package it often ends up being more expensive than buying here in Brazil.

15. BrunoB

60% !! Oh man that is a lot.
    Better take my SRW offer - that will be a lot cheaper.
    Just joking ofcourse ;)

@VFX Pro You are welcome.
    At least if you dont just plain steal my custom setup :p
    Because then you will find a bloody horsehead in your bed :whistle:

16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

When we had that duel at Brands with an F1 (don't remember the model), the gentleman that took my first place did it using my very own setup... that was the day that I started to ask Reiza to give us the option to not share.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BrunoB

I fully agree with you in this matter.
    And personally I feel much more motivated working with setups in Raceroom.
    Because then its your own decision if you want to offer your competitors your setup.

ByTheWay: Its my personal oppinion that such gamish "feature" like being forced to offer more random gamers your settings is one of the reasons that most serious virtual drivers does look elswhere.
    And will go on laying their time and work in other racing sims.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. VFX Pro

@BrunoB As obvious as it was, I followed your suggestion, and took the WR from @thepenguin but had to turned off my motion rig. This very bumpy track and open-wheelers combo are not designed to be used together. I feel like I'm cheating when I'm turning off the motion since I don't pull the Gs, or I'm not fight the giant bumps, but oh well...

Also, I don't know why, but Formula_US in Guapore is very stuttery for me... losing 20fps even turn off many settings. So I won't be able to compete with that car, but Formula Gen 3 seems fine. I guess we're managing our own "weekly" TT challenge without having the feature.
    upload_2022-1-24_18-0-24.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. ControlLogix

@BrunoB I see you are cheating and you switched to the faster Honda, so I did as well :p Also so you can't complain about setups this time I made a new setup so you can see it's more about driver skill than any setup secrets ;):p Feel free to load my ghost and setup and copy my lines and see if you can beat this time I am up for the challenge. I will not complain about you copying me either :D

2.jpg

20. VFX Pro

I wish I could participate in this "TT Homemade challenge". Until I figure out the huge stuttering with the F-US cars on this track, I'll sit on the sideline.

• Friendly Friendly x 1