1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.3.2
    Request Title: Saving and loading full replays on test days
    Description: Allow recording full replays during test days, in addition to races
    Benefits: Being able to save and replay practice laps would allow us to improve our racing skills by visually tracking our racing lines in specific corners, lap after lap. It would also help set up work by checking how specific changes between laps can improve car behavior in kerbs, bottoming out etc.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 12.00.19 PM.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Could we have the ability to set the HUD, "live messages" to be None as a selection, please.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Desmo

Desmo New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.3.2.0
    Request Title: Formula V10 Gen3
    Description: I would love to drive the 2004 Formula 1 cars. If possible, then with three different carshapes. M1: Ferrari F2004; M2: Williams FW26 (Late Season); M3: Renault R24
    Benefits: Racing with the best V10 cars ever build.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

This car and track :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

You can just use joytokey for this.
    Set shift up down to A and B for example. Then use joytokey to map both shifters to A and B key. then they both work for shifting ingame at the same time.

6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Was talking bout a native solution here :)

7. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Don't really know if this counts as a "feature", but I would love to see the optional front winglets the GT1 cars used added as some sort of setup option, maybe tied to increasing front downforce in the setup?
    Right now all 3 GT1 cars have adjustable front aero but visually they all run without front winglets which in reality they only did at Le Mans and the first few rounds of the FIA GT Championship
    1998_FIAGTSuzuka_jb_0006.jpg

Here is a picture of the '98 GT1 race at Suzuka, if you look closely you can see the winglets were all optional and driver preference, with the yellow winged Mercedes running smaller winglets while the red mirrored Mercedes runs the bigger ones they used at most higher downforce tracks.
    Similary the white/red Porsche had no additional winglet and the white/yellow Porsche had them.
    Also you can see the McLaren F1 GTR in the back using 2 winglets as well, they also ran with only one or none that season and the season before.
    I can also provide a few pictures of other tracks or the Zakspeed Porsches who had a little different wing than the works Porsches, like due to the Pirelli tyres working differently.

So it's basically just a purely cosmetic feature, but imo it would be something cool to add as the cars also look a bit more agressive with it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love to see these small details in the sim, but atm not even wing angles appearance change in-game, given the wing angle in the setup screen has been modified, so i think it would take a lot of time to code these features into the sim

9. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I was thinking about having specific FFB for car last night. I guess they didn't have that option yet lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.3.x
    Request Title: Change formation lap / rolling starts to be from a standing start
    Description: Currently with both formation and rolling starts, there is a period where the AI takes over the car before the player can begin driving. After several tests and a few races with this feature on, random drivers would be left hung up at the spawn location as the pack rolled away, unable to take control of the car. After a delay (up to 20s for some) they would be allowed to start drving. This would result in grid penalties and time penalties before the race even started.
    Benefits: Having the cars spawn from a standing position vice moving would not require the game to determine the physics at play with the car while moving. Without all this extra math, it should reduce bugs in start for the drivers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.3.3.1
    Request Title: Custom grid from XML files
    Description: Ability to choose a custom grid made of specific combinations of cars, AI driver names/skills, and liveries. I propose for a first implementation that custom AI name/skill XML files are offered to users when setting up single player race/championships. users then are able to choose the appropriate XML file to use for the roster. Only the selected cars, drivers and liveries are loaded.
    Benefits: Ability to increase level of customization, including the ability to have a higher number of liveries for a car class than the current number of slots; ability to limit the number of cars of the same make for races where the # of liveries available is less than the total # of cars; ability to share full grids among users; ability to implement fully custom grids without having to provide a complete UI.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please make it possible to change the control sets in the lobby so that you don't always have to leave the multiplayer to change the control sets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What i would like, and i think would contribute to more usage of ams2 in league's is being able to have 32 people, even more would be nice, at every track in multiplayer, with the use of virtual pitboxes, or if there is another option to do it its also welcome, its very annoying to either have to think about which tracks you want to do in a lobby/server, so you dont set the amount of maximum opponents too high, if u do the track disappears from the list. For a league this means having to either set the max people accepted to a lower number, or set it to the maximum of 32 and be limited in tracks you run at. It would make it far easier to use in a league when you are not limited in that way.

Also being able to switch from multiclass to single class in a ingame created lobby would be a good addition.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sir_Anth

Sir_Anth New Member

Shameless self bump

15. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or the best solution would be to occupy the paddle shifters the H-shifter and the sequential shifter in one set!

16. omegaman

omegaman New Member

and please add the names of the layout on top of the graphics in the second column, so you don´t have to click on it, to see the name.

Personally, i would like to see the countries, then the tracks and then the specific layouts of a given track. I don´t like the second coloum with all tracks and layouts of a country without the separation or groups or so.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. omegaman

omegaman New Member

By now you have to adjust the seat height in each car separate, as far as I know.

I would like to adjust this for all cars at once to a realistic height by stating the body height in the drivers profile.

edit: of course should the possibility, to adjust this basic setting for each car individually, remain.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

is it somewhere in the UI? never saw it so far.

19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK, that feature is still missing and needs to be assigned to a custom button.

• Like Like x 1
  20. omegaman

omegaman New Member

I don´t like, that one can use the sequential shifter AND the H-Shifter in cars which don´t have a sequential gearbox. Should be authentic (or optional to use the incorrect shifter), so the wrong one should be deactivated (ok, you don´t have to use ist, but I don´t like the possibility of both shifters in each and every car). Or is there something wrong with the settings, and I can fix this?