VR and Screen Settings Profile?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Hank Madison, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Hank Madison

Hank Madison New Member

I'd like to have two different settings for using my VR and Ultrawide screen. Is there a config file to duplicate and swap out depending on which format I want to use? Is there a better solution?

It's frustrating to have to change so many parameters.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

In your \My Documents\Automobilista 2 folder you can use a simple batch file to swap two of these files.
    You just have to do it before starting AMS2 up.

graphics.png

3. Hank Madison

Hank Madison New Member

Thank you! Could you or someone else provide a more thorough explanation for how to do this?
    Thanks again.

4. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

it loads the correct one based on how you open the game.
    so launching the game without vr will load the config with "dx11" in the name.

if u launch in VR it will use the respective config for that vr platform, so openvr for steamvr or occulus for oculus and i think starvr is the mixed reality HMDs

u dont need to swap files around, just launch the game without vr, setup the game how u want it to in flatscreen mode and then do the same if u start with vr.
    it will save into the correct config

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah thats right.
    I didnt read the orig question throughtfully (enough).:whistle:
    If you just want to switch between 2D and 3D then the settings are allready saved in 2 different files.
    So no need to use a batch swap. :D

6. Hank Madison

Hank Madison New Member

It's true that the "Performance" settings change. However the "Visuals" settings (flares, rays, rain drops) as well as seat position do not change depending on VR/screen enabling. Any way to change those as well? Thanks.

7. SleekBeek

SleekBeek New Member AMS2 Club Member

Not much help, but slightly relevant perhaps: ams2 is now (as of yesterday it seems) one of the 300 games that is now 'steam deck verified'.

Would have thought this would make visual settings auto linked to screen type/size even more important...(I am no expert on these things though).

8. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Totally agree here. I switch between VR & flatscreen depending how I'm feeling and I often forget to change wheel visibility etc and have to adjust seat position each time.

It would be great to have discrete settings.