1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, that would be cool if you could use only the authentic shifters for authentic settings. But you should be able to assign all the shifters in one control set, so that you don't have to change the sets in the main menu.

• Like Like x 3
  2. omegaman

omegaman New Member

I understand, that a career-mode ist very complex, and that it will be released in the later future.
    But while waiting for that, I would love to have a collection of Special Events (like in AC), to play some defined challenges. Should be not that complex to define them. A car, a track, a given weather condition and three different lap times. Or some AI components to beat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If there is no webleaderboard then please integrate the driving aids into the time trial leaderboard (see Photoshop sample). It makes a difference whether someone rides a time with heel & toe or only with paddle shifter and autoclutch.
    currently you can not see this info anywhere you can only guess how the time was driven, which is a pity.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Make the pit speed limits track and not car dependent.

It doesnt make sense for the pit limit to be 100kmh/60mph during practice for f1 races at monaco

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

A quick list I've been compiling over the past few weeks. Apologies if anything's been mentioned already, not trying to steal anyone's ideas:

- Air pressure info/Weather details in the HUD

- Local Time Clock (& maybe even real time clock)

- Weather forecast for real weather (I think I did already see this one, but just in case)

- Exclusive graphics settings for photo mode / replay mode (so one can switch quickly between performance for race and quality for best picture/replay quality, for those with perhaps somewhat 'dated' pc hardware :whistle:)

- Skip time by set amount in offline practice/quali sessions (as in AMS1, iirc)

- In-session large Live track/car viewer (have already mentioned this one, I believe)

- Hover-over track info (including altitude!) in pre-session lobby (keep getting caught out when I run the Porsche GTE lol)

- In-game graphics performance stress test (benchmarking)

- Radar/track map zoom options for the HUD (full track; x2; x5, for example)

- BOP feature (not too dissimilar to - but hopefully better than - a popular racing game's 'PP' feature, back in the day) for running car classes that perhaps aren't best balanced (e.g. GT1, where the McLaren is probably a little down on performance overall)

Quick edit:

- Option for opponent names on/off in Replay mode (separate from the option in the Options screen, to make it more accessible and, therefore, faster to switch between on/off/etc.)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jonathon

jonathon Linuxer

I miss the 3D rendering of mirrors ("stereo reflections") from AC+CSP for use in VR:

vr-mirrors.png

With the current 2D mirrors you have to adjust eye focus onto the mirror rather than onto the thing following you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. pabstar26

pabstar26 New Member

Maybe this has been asked before, but a nice addition would be to have some presets for online sessions, because each time I want to set a new MP session, the parameters are these of the last MP session played, wether it was mine or another server, and I have to modify almost every MP parameters to launch a new session.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be nice if the game would remember my settings for the lobby, and not the settings from the last lobby joint.
    And even better, The possibility to save and load profile(s) used for the sessions

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

upload_2022-2-10_13-52-10.png

Reiza, please update the Sigma so it can compete with the Metalmoro AJR and Ginetta prototype. :whistle:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. vattila

vattila New Member

Request Title: Ability to increase tire wear and fuel consumption to 7(or even more).
    Benefits: To be able to force AI to pit more frequently, for shorter races.

• Like Like x 3
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Woah, they have an open cockpit now? Beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

This was just announced for this year's season, yet to start. But the closed cockpit version already got an upgrade last year and moved to P1 class, having a pace similar to the AJR sometimes

• Like Like x 2
  13. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but i find it very disappointing that tracks don't have fans cheering along the sections where they sit. It sounds rather quite and breaks immersion for me big time. The game has come a long way and probably my top favorite at the moment but the lack of these sounds is really sad. I think it could be a quick fix which adds a lot to the details around the track...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Thinking and being isn't the same thing unfortunately. There are static environment sounds like the drones (we also used to have birds) but if I'd have to heard the crowd every time with the same amount of energy and enthusiasm I'd kill that sound. Dynamic ambient sounds weren't present in pC1/2 and I believe it would need to be coded in. I would have agreed if the parameters were already available and it'd be just a matter of adding and configuring the sounds.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree that ambient noises need to be improved

• Like Like x 2
  16. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

Good point about sounds being static and the same throughout the race. Some variety would be ideal. I know many of us assume changes are easier than they truly are out to be, however adding a place marker on the track and attaching a sound file to it is pretty standard and straightforward. Mapping it all out on each track is where i can see it being more time consuming. Either way it's not a code rewrite or addition in my book to make this happen. As you said, they already have static sounds attached to objects around the track so it would be no different. To be clear though i'm not trying to say it would be a simple and 5 minute fix, not at all. Just a small investiment that i think would bring life to the sim...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MarkBLN

MarkBLN New Member

The ability to save the quick host settings so you don't have to enter a name and password every single time. Gets really annoying.

Another multiplayer improvement would be to be able to change ai settings and some other session details once you create the server without having to quit it and start a new server to just change ai difficulty.

The final multilayer improvement is the ability to skip session in lobby.

I know all that stuff is a carryover from pcars2, but maybe it can be fixed.

Regarding game engine, TAA would be great if they could add that. I don't know if that's possible though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

Tourist day, all different cars, not always flat out, some slow, some limping back to pits, some learner driver. Passing allowed only on one particular side. Nordschleife Touristenfahrten basically.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Please add more pit spots to Spielberg Historic, there were much more than 20 in real life.
    In current state, the track is useless for championships with classic/retro F1 grids, as they have up to 26 vehicles.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not only on that track, just allow up to 32 cars on each track, so you dont have to think about which tracks you want to drive when setting up a lobby and the according playercount

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1