1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

the ablility to edit track cameras for replays as 95% of cameras are far too close to cars, therefore meaning you miss any good racing action in the replay and just see close ups of your car all the time

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This goes for single player championships as well. Edit a custom championship, set the car count as high as you can, then add a bunch of tracks only to realize that one of them has a maximum of 19 drivers. Now your whole championship only has 19 cars, and you don't even know which track is the problem unless you've played long enough to have it all memorized. I almost never drive on some great tracks because of this. Cadwell Park is a good example.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Negative. I rather them fix the side mirrors of all the cars in VR. They're too close.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

These top two things aren’t even related ?

This is when the reply zooms in mid corner, it’s a cool shot a few times but , can be disorienting when too often, , I actually get a bit of motion sickness from it after a while.
    if there was some way for the game to recognise when there’s more than one car in action , it would be beneficial to have that all in shot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. BCRCGAMING

why negative repltilexcq? cant they do both?....geez...

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is adamant that we either get the replay cameras fixed or the mirrors fixed, never both!

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Well the replays look crap and drivers hardly ever use the mirrors so I think the replays should be prioritised if a choice between the two is happening... For whatever strange reason that is.

• Like Like x 2
  8. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

I really didn't want to comment and go off topic here from what this post is designed for, but really? No one uses their mirrors? I get most single screen users probably can't, but many drivers these days are either using triples or VR and mirrors are a core function of the driving experience. I think you should always prioritize the driving experience over anything else. If mirrors are broken that is not a feature request but rather a bug report. Let's make sure we are separating the two...

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@everyone
    Please keep it cool guys and start no fighting about different opinions. Keep discussions level headed please.

@reptilexcq faulty mirror positions are indeed worth a bug report and was subject of issues and fixes in the past and not always the easiest it seemed at first glance. So when knowing cars, that are highly problematic, please report to the bug report thread!

10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Almost all of the open wheelers have mirrors not pointing to the back, but rather to the sides and/or up to the sky, to the point they are rendered useless.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Exactly. These shouldn't even be reported as bug, it's a pretty obvious issue. All of the open wheelers' side mirrors in VR are not giving you a chance to see behind. Initially, I thought maybe it has something to do with the world scale that I had enlarged but it doesn't appeared to be that way. To me, I suspect one of the problems is that when the world is scale bigger, the side mirrors remain small and the same. This is why those mirrors are so close (which is unacceptable) to me while everything scale bigger. All the F-USA GEN 2 & GEN 3 and Formula 10 Gen 1 & 2 do not have proper side mirrors.

It makes you question if any of the developers actually sit down and play the game in VR? Because, if they did...they would say wait a second, what happened to the mirrors? And would have fixed it already. These have been a long going problem.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There are many bugs since day one, often reported, never been fixed. So yes, maybe the devs do never play the game at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. BCRCGAMING

the devs obviously play the game, i will say there is a lot of bugs, even ones that seem a lot easier than others to fix that have been around for a very long time that need attention

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Racer63

Racer63 Member

Yellow flags, safety cars, a TCR series and Le Mans La Sarthe track.

Why Buenos Aires track was removed? It has an outer circuit for multiclass races and historic layouts for old F1.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Not an urgent issue, but somehow annoying:

On some tracks, where there are break indicators (150, 100, 50 m) placed on the ground, the AI love to run them down when doing their side by side - thing.
    So, very often the indicators are gone after lap one and it is much more tricky to find the perfect breaking point.
    Extreme example: Hockenheim 2001, on the straight before entering the motodrome. After one or two laps, the AI have destroyed those markers on the left side of the track.

Would be nice if those indicators would be hung up instead of being placed on the ground. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. omegaman

omegaman New Member

Maybe his really is a problem (can´t say that, because I am new to AMS2), but this does not sound like a proper solution.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jay Tona

Jay Tona New Member

Based on Game Build: Going forward
    Request Title: A prompt to SAVE REPLAY
    Description: Nag Screen (optional in settings) to Save Replay before exiting race.
    Benefits: us old guys need the reminder...LOL

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. trillbo

trillbo New Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be great to be able to remap manu navigation buttons on custom controllers. Sucks having to pick up the keyboard / mouse to make any menu changes, especially in VR.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, moving the number boards is not the solution. Fixing the ai that have been driving on the grass and cutting corners since PC1 is the issue

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A autosave of the replay would even be better, and remove the annoying limit, because of the double saving issue, which is there for a long,long time now, and really needs fixing, it makes the gallery fill up quite fast

• Agree Agree x 2