1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premium track pack 6th track speculation/analysis

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JustinCase, Feb 12, 2022.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hahaha.
    Believe me - but for about a whole minute I watched this video and thought it was from RL.
    I said to myself these gentleman drivers are just too crazy handling their uber expensive cars this way.
    But then I saw the public at the grandstands.:rolleyes:
    Oh man I was completely fooled :oops::oops::oops:

2. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not for you post @Steve Young but to me it is sacrilege to run that track in reverse and lose T1.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Buenos Aires or Sebring...

• Like Like x 1
  4. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we'll get Buenos Aires no matter what, it was part of AMS1 with multiple layouts (and eras?)

Of that original list I'd love Mexico City (great fit for F1 historic and modern), Fuji (we need more Asia content), or Sebring (it is a classic with lots of history).

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

"Bilster Berg" and "Oschersleben", just to throw in some obscure track name.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I am still hoping for Sebring. Or some Irish or English track to complete the UK-irish championships.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I still think Le Mans is feasible, and would be my favourite. Arguments against it are that F1 never raced there, and AMS2 has a lot of Formula content, and maybe licensing cost, but then again S397 could afford Le Mans even before their deal with MSG, so who knows.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. The fact we've basically heard nothing about the sixth track implies to me they are trying to get something big announced at some point, and Le Sarthe would fit the bill. Tracks like Hungaroring or Zandvoort just don't sell enough, even rF2 with its hyper-expensive DLC gives away Zandvoort for free (and I love Zandvoort). It could be Catalunya, but again who is excited to buy another version of that?

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Le Mans would not be a sensible choice. The game does not have LMP1 or LMP2 or the new Hypercars, so it'd be a track without context.

I personally also don't agree that Barcelona would be a great choice, because that track actually doesn't have that much of history. The layout has only changed at three places since its initiation, which isn't that much, and the changes weren't especially significant (except for the chicane, but that chicane can be circumvented to this day).

Fuji would be a great circuit, because it packs vastly differen layouts, a rich history and relevance to this day. However, Reiza doesn't seem to have that great connections to Asia with there being only one Asian track (which isn't licensed).

Buenos Aires wouldn't be well suited to a premium track pack, because nearly all layouts this track has had still remain today, so historical variants would be redundant.

The Hungaroring is a little more likely, as it would tick a lot of boxes and has been a staple in F1. The track has changed about as much as Barcelona did since its introduction in the 80s, with the removal of a chicane and the changes in S3. For that reason, I'd put it in "B" tier concerning the likelihood of it being part of the game, like Barcelona.

Melbourne would only pack one historical change, but that one's very recent and for that reason alone would gain a lot of traction. It's also not in many sims and Reiza seem to have some love for the V8 Supercars, so I wouldn't count Melbourne out and it'd be in A tier in terms of track choice.

Zolder, in my opinion, lacks appeal; that track has always been a bit of a grey mouse, despite several historical changes (which mainly consisted of introducing clumsy chicanes).

Le Castellet is another track in that Barcelona/Hungaroring tier, with the added problems that no one likes it. The historical changes have focused more on the parts next to the track and less on the layout; which has mostly changed in the first sector (and some angles in the third).

Mugello, COTA, Portimao lack historical variants.

My absolute personal favourites at the moment are Mexico City and Zandvoort, with some tendencies towards the latter. There is a massive amount of history, very drastic changes to both layouts and both are currently F1 tracks, which puts them on the radar more. Zandvoort maybe has a little more appeal because of it being a more liked track, but it is in many sims (except for the historical variants) and therefore perhaps not as "needed" as Mexico City is, which, as far as I know, hasn't yet been recreated anywhere.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. McClutch

GTE, DPi, P1, GT1, Group C, Porsche RSR 3.0 and Corvette C3 R, even the BMW M1, all those drove there over the decades. Le Mans is a true Multiclass event, it's not just LMP and Hypercar.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've said elsewhere in these forums that Mexico City in historical and modern versions would be a nice addition to AMS2. Le Mans would take as much effort to build as three or four other tracks; the historic versions of Spa and Nordschleife have taken longer than expected, Covid and marriage :D notwithstanding.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Good point, didn't consider that myself. Maybe they could also add a 90's version with period correct kerbs and runoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Just to qualify this a bit more:
    Albert Park = Melbourne - and at least supported by one poster above who probably know what he is talking about :D

And conserning Philip Island then people who have never driven on it dont know what they have missed.
    I guess iRacing is the only sim who have a laserscanned version of this perl.
    And ALL iRacers (former and recent) just love this track Im told :p
    So hey Reiza just start negotiating with the copyright owners downUnder.
    Hehe how hard can it be? :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True, Philip Island is a fantastic track. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I know Albert Park from the F1 games, and I know Philip Island from the Toca Race Driver games and the MotoGP games, both tracks would be nice to have in AMS2. For Australian tracks I would also include Surfers Paradise as one that I really like.

16. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

17. McClutch

But what AMS2 could really use is a point to point Roadtrack of 20km lenght, like PCARS Azure coast or Califoria Highway... or even better... A hillclimb course that incidentially looks like Pikes Peak, but drivable in both directions.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was thinking along the lines of Rainbow Road, Moo Moo Farm, Bowser Castle or Koopa Troopa Beach.
    Who's with me?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What about Semetin and Ouhjapouja? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Marg

Marg Active Member

Surfers Paradise! As it was used by CART, different layout by V8, but not Philip Island, which seems to be more MotoGP track....

• Disagree Disagree x 1