Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Andrew Rose

Andrew Rose New Member

Track & Layout Used: unknown/all?
    Car Used: unknown/all?
    Applicable Settings: unknown/all?
    Report: Simucube makes sharp turn (at full power) as FFB engaged at start of race = safety issue. Also occurs to motion rigs I am told.
    Steps to reproduce: unknown

Thread on SC2 user community about this issue. Multiple users experiencing it - Simucube Owners Group

EDIT - Happened again last night. Interlagos racing the Pickup Trucks. It's certainly not limited to that car or track though as this has happened multiple times before on different setups. The vehicle was involved in a crash just prior to the end of the previous racing session however - so perhaps the FFB rolled over into the start of the race? Perhaps just putting in some code to reset all FFB prior to each new session would fix this?

EDIT - Happened again. Oulton Park in a GT4. I overshot the corner and ran up against the fence. Pressed escape to go back to menu, so I could return to pits, and wheel then took sharp turn to the right.

EDIT - Happened again. Cascavel in a Sprint Race car. Pulled over to side of track and pressed pause. Steering wheel moved full to the right, as far as it could go despite no input from hands or track...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula V12
    Applicable Settings: Race Weekend
    Report: Double Livery bug still is there two years after game release.(One AI has same livery as player whilst one is missing when number of AI is set to "max available" and using customized liveries).

3. Speedfinn

Speedfinn New Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal
    Car Used: McLaren MP4/12 (Maybe all cars, not tested)
    Applicable Settings: irrelevant
    Report: track limits lets you drive through the last chicane at full speed over the bumps.. monttu.jpg
    I just set a crazy track record, sorry for that.
    I think Montreal needs leaderboard reset too..

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Car Used: Formula Retro Gen 3
    Applicable Settings: Race Weekend
    Report: When you skip training/qualifying, the AI's laptimes on the board all over sudden are up to 5 seconds faster than the ones they actually achieve when driving on track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same with the race, if you fast forward to the end some back markers will start lapping 5 seconds faster and overtake the entire field to win.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. CourtG

CourtG New Member

Car Used: DPI, GTE & GT3
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship
    Steps to reproduce: Created multiple c'ships. Started new post latest update
    Report: A couple of Custom Championship issues. Practice and Quali sessions use Race 1 start time. Race 2 uses correct time. Mainly an issue if R1 is at night.
    No class points are awarded in multi class races. There used to occasionally be a class position indicator in the hud as well but I haven't seen it in a while, just overall positions.
    Also duplicate livery to the player still I noticed with the time of day issue if you create the cship and go straight into first session from the creator screen it works as normal the first time. Once you leave the cship creator screen or exit the game then the problem is present.

EDIT: Regarding the time of day issue I found something that might cause some confusion while trying to replicate. If you create a cship and enter the first session straight from the creator screen it will work as normal. If you exit the creator screen/game or leave the track after that initial session then the issue is present.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Car Used: Mini Cooper JCW
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: Tyre change only for player takes about 25 seconds (no repair, no refuelling), whilst AI have Formula 1 style stops (just a few seconds). Player constantly loses time when pitting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

sorry if i'm repetitive, but i try to give new attention to this bug by watching the video in the link. You can't set the real weather in the time you have at the moment in multiplayer sessions, after loading the loby, set 4 random slots. Please hope it is put into attention, because the real weather at that time cannot be loaded in multiplayer, and it is a beautiful feature unique in sim-racing.

Dropbox - AMS2 BUG WEATHER FOR MULTY.mp4 - Simplify your life

9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Two years after game release, the annoying double livery bug still is present in ALL CLASSES in championship mode and in several classes also in single race when player dares to use custom liveries (in example F_V12, F_V10 Gen2). Will this ever be fixed? Bug has been reported again and again and again, without ever being solved.

10. Type88B

Type88B New Member

Track & Layout Used: Monza GP 1991
    Car Used: METALMORO AJR HONDA
    Applicable Settings: custom event 10 lap race, no practice, no qualyfing; single player
    Report: at the end of the race, head to head, I lose the 3rd position for 54 ms and the final classification shows it correctly, even if the gap time from the winner seems to be exchanged, 11s 310 for the 3rd driver, 11s 256 for me (ildigital) .
    More on this, the final scoreboard shows a gap that is away from what happened on the finish line.
    Steps to reproduce: try to end a race head to head (?)
    upload_2022-2-14_19-2-12.png

upload_2022-2-14_19-2-54.png

11. Ikuconodule

Ikuconodule New Member

Track & Layout Used: Jacarepagua 1988, but probably any
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: Race, real life distance
    Report: The car's fuel consumption is unrealistically high on "Real" fuel settings. AIs all retire a bit after 2/3rds race distance, and even slowly coasting around in 5th gear + lean mix from lap 1 would barely get you to the finish.

1066890_20220215101150_1.jpeg

12. jbh894

jbh894 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Ibarra
    Car Used: GT4 class
    Applicable Settings: Race, 45 min, real hist weather, was partly cloudy
    Report: Multiplayer; we had a league race today with 17 people in a password protected lobby. Within the first lap, the server (??) started booting people one by one, and each time this happened, the person's car would appear four times, and also appear in the standings four times, and then disappear. We tried with different people hosting the server and the same thing happened. Also noticed the multiplayer lobby page was refreshing itself every little while without clicking the button. Very strange, as we normally do not have these kinds of issues, and a bit frustrating as we had to cancel racing together for this week

13. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Car Used: F USA G2
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: Enging braking still bugged. Sit in car, in pit, with engine braking on high number - 10 - and rev engine. Revs hit redline and stick there. Higher numbers mean less engine braking which would be useful if this didn't also mean the revs stay high and come down way too slowly.

14. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Car Used: Ginetta GT4
    Applicable Settings: TT, Nords & Endurance, Default setup
    Report: Does not record ghost lap. Endurance layout does not record any car's ghost afaik.

15. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch GP
    Car Used: Lancer RS
    Applicable Settings: MP with AI set at 95% & 65% P/Q/R Summer, clear skies track temp 42c
    Damage on, tire wear on and assists realistic
    Report: Wet tires in the dry hot, weird AI movements

1. AI on several cars while driving straight the wheels were turned left, the car wast exactly pointing straight but driving straight.

2. The car was sliding all over the place in practice and quali, so for some giggles I used wets...and got pole.
    I then decided to run the 20 min race with wets and succeeded with min front wear and the highest temp recorded in the race was 102c avg. 96c on the front left while only being .500 off the fastest time without pushing very hard.

3. The Lancer RS handles like a FWD with the rear sliding around under 100 kmh?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  16. Kurupt CDN

Car Used: every car
    Applicable Settings: multi player
    Report: this may not be considered a bug but is highly annoying.
    Every time when I join a mp server the camera always starts in nose cam instead of cockpit.
    When exiting a server I get booted back to the main menu...why not be sent back to the MP menu ?

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. clomay1120

clomay1120 Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a problem with the pit stop management
    on I have the option fuel greyed out impossible to add fuel ...
    while if take the same race on the beta version
    adding fuel works....
    anyone know where I have to look?

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Allow race refuel in the race session settings.

19. clomay1120

clomay1120 Member AMS2 Club Member

thank you ,sorry i had missed this option ....:(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kurupt CDN

Track & Layout Used: Nordschleife
    Car Used: Caterham academy
    Applicable Settings: Practice, clear sky
    Report: Windscreen looks like it was cleaned with steel wool and has excessive scratches on it
    Audio: lots of static popping and clicking after 4th gear when shifting and in the higher rpm range
    FFB: In certain parts of the track where multiple bumps are present, the FFB detail gets very grainy especially in the pit area (cobblestone?)and exiting pit lane.

Steps to reproduce: Drive
    I use HyperX cloud headphones
    Thrustmaster TX with Sparco Rally rim
    TM profile: default 75/100/100/100
    in-game settings: Default 75/50/50/50

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022