Screen freeze during Race

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by sherpa25, Jun 20, 2016.

1. dssamusaran

dssamusaran New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,

I'm kinda getting this topic out of it's grave. . .

But I'm encountering this issue a lot and would like to know if there're any more information on this.

When online I have freeze for 3sec, flash to the desktop and get back to the game with 3-4sec added to my laptime.

And I'm a nvidia user too (gtx titan x)

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Similar here. Screen freezes and blacks out for a few seconds (then obviously the car crashes), then screen goes back to AMS. Using nvidia drivers v372.90.

3. dssamusaran

dssamusaran New Member AMS2 Club Member

After speaking of the issue with my team it appears that 4 drivers had the issue.

We're all nvidia users but other nvidia drivers of the team don't have any issue on same server/track/car/mod.
    As of now I only encountered the issue online. When online I sometimes freeze 4 times on 20 minutes and sometimes 1 time after an hour.

Here's what I tried:

-remove all dll plugins
    -reset nvidia graphics config (I forced the AA there)
    -fresh game reinstall, played with default config just with my wheel configured
    -fresh windows install, only driver and AMS installed
    -tried old nvidia drivers (one from 12/2015 and one from 15/2016)
    -tried windowed mode for AMS
    -tried to set compatibility mode for the .exe to win7 (I run Win10)

In the nvidia driver I only install the driver, no geforce experience etc...

In each tries I made I encountered those freeze. How is it Reiza doesn't react on this issue. When speaking on TS to the team it appears to be a widely encountered case...

I'm using a nvidia gtx titan x (the first rev not the pascal one)
    Gonna try with my wife gtx 970 tonight.

If we don't have solution I'll just have to abandon AMS as it's impossible to drive in those conditions. I never encountered any lag/freeze in any other sim or other games.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

We have a league and this only happens to 1 of our drivers, and that is only sometimes. Have you guys tried using the native hud instead of the dynhud? My league driver switched from NVIDIA to AMD and it seemed to be OK but now once again he still gets an occasional freeze. :(

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  5. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I get this but only on Patrick Giranthon's version of Spa. I have reduced the frequency of it significantly by installing older NVidia drivers (364.72) and oddly, by enabling sparse grid supersamping using the Nvidia inspector. I'm running a 980Ti.

Your graphics drivers are crashing and restarting - you'll see an entry in your event logs each time it happens.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I told people a lot in our league to turn off DynHUD online but many don't do and then have their games crashing or freezing but it's not only due to DynHUD.
    AMS is such a great sim (content and what Reiza did to physics engine, it's just amazing) but as a software it works poorly. by far the most frustrating league start we had in 4 years
    (we did a ton of test races before AMS was v1.0 and the game worked better at that point, I wish it was like Stock Car Extreme, everything worked perfectly there)

7. Dann Murillo

Will your problems sounds pretty extreme! Are you guys running mods? We have only had minor issues in our league, as in like 1 person. Some other people in my league with issues I would credit outdated hardware as their primary concerns.

8. Will Mazeo

I've noticed this with stock or modded content (was in a 300km race @ Goiania once with the Boxer Cup, game of 8 or 9 drivers crashed before the race started), chances of this happening appear when you go above 24 drivers it seems even if you are much belllow the 3.2gb danger zone, as I said, before release things worked a bit better (and so did in last version of SCE), in fact the first AMS update in early access was the best version of the game, very smooth gameplay, since then it isn't anymore. That's why I said on the animated driver thread to take care, if you are going to have to reduce even more the limit on some cars to keep the game stable better just don't add it.
    Not complaining tho, I don't think there is anything that can be done, the only choice is to stick to the limits Reiza sets, but it is too low if you want your league to grow.

9. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I have all graphics max out when I play offline. Online, I used to drop almost all the settings to high (I just keep the player car at max); since v1, I even drop them to medium. And I don't have crash or drop of framerate issue anymore since I do this… And honestly I'm not bothered with the image quality once I race online. That's certainly not the best solution, but it works for me.
    We have to keep in mind the game base is getting pretty old while the content has much improve and looks so much nicer! Of course it is heavier… We can't have all! :) We can only dream of Reiza17 that will be 64-bits for sure… :cool:

10. Will Mazeo

I too drop all my settings online, and I only race online ;)
    Can't force everyone to do it. Who wants to have to drop settings in a game that does not have the most modern graphics just to not have it crashing? Comercially speaking... really...
    And yes, we can have all. Just need devs to stop taking back setups every release (not talking about Reiza on this part)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Keith_D

Keith_D New Member AMS2 Club Member

I've encountered this non stop, it's making the game unplayable

I only race offline, using AMD hardware, fps are very good but once you get into a race the screen just freezes at random points

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dann Murillo

So guys are we still unsure if it is the dynhud or have you all tried using the native hud and still encountering the freezing?

Will said this but I am not sure we can rule out the dynhud as a possible suspect at this point.
    I am only trying to help determine the cause. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Keith_D

dynhud on or off makes no difference for me, it still freezes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dann Murillo

OK so we can confirm it's AMD & NVIDIA with the same issue. I believe everyone that had previously reported in this thread only referring to NVIDIA/online racing issues but Keith is now saying (I think?) that offline does it as well.

Keith- please confirm if you are experiencing this offline as well. Also you should put your system specs in your signature to help with all of this. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Keith_D

Yes Dann, I only run offline, with the freezes running online would be a no go to start with

• Like Like x 1
  16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I experience these freezes offline too (sorry, failed to mention it in my previous post).

17. XenoYparxi

XenoYparxi New Member

I'm also the GTX 760's user and I have no problems (and I didn't installed the latest driver). My friend uses GTX 1060 and he has freezes with big amount of ai. Will it be fixed soon?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  18. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Has anyone here tried limiting framerate? FPS limit in display options. To 120 or something. (120 is not some magic number)...

19. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of magic, prime numbers there really helped me with screen tearing (if anyone is concerned by it).

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dann Murillo

Thank you Domogoj. I have applied this to my drivers game and I will report back. So far after 1 race it has not froze but this problem can linger so we will give it time. I also turned off recording replays.