Screen freeze during Race

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by sherpa25, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For the record I've been getting this too. As previously stated it freezes and I loose 5-15 seconds, which is then reflected in the replay as the car is shown being stuck in time. It then snaps out of it giving me back ffb etc. It happens to me offline only, I hope it gets sorted soon.

2. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm reasonably confident it happens mainly on the gtx980 series of cards

3. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Pls try what i suggested, fps limit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use vynsc ingame and fast vysnc in nvidia profile....on or off i still get split second random freezes throughout a session.
    Frame limit induces stuttering and increases the amount of freezes for me.

5. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

6. Riverside

Riverside New Member

So, @Domagoj Lovric et all, I've been playing AMS for about 4 months would say, same machine and config, never had freezing issues until last 2-3 days and at a very simple Marcas+BA12 combination; no fancy G card, about 40fps but has never stuttered with AMS (or any sim for that matter); it is now stopping completely for 1-4 secs, just like that; no new software installed in the machine...

Only new thing is I have added several mod cars and tracks but have not seen freezing with those; any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

7. Derek Delvecchio

Derek Delvecchio New Member

I also get intermittent freezes while playing against AI. During a race it ruins everything because the 1 second freeze throws off my timing when taking corners etc. and often results in me a crash or taking out half the field.

I've tried many things and it still does it but it is very hard to pinpoint because it happens so randomly.

8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you guys sorted this out in your sets? Been a while and couldn't run the game too long even just on Testing, despite the current suggestions (ie. disable superfetch, limit FPS).

9. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

I've started getting this with 1.47.....short freeze, game comes back, I hit the wall! Did not have this before....may try the old Steam Verification.

10. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Maybe I can help with the black/minimized screens.

In my community there are some people with these problems, we have tried everything that can be seen in the forum.
    We found that these problems only occur online. We're still testing, but it looks like opening the ports on the router will fix it. You have to open the ports of the server you enter (ports Multiplayer.ini of server), which is not functional for public servers, but it is for people who participate in communities.

Like I say, we keep trying it, but this seems to work. ;)