Automobilista 2 -Time to Beat The Best! Can We Set The F309 World Record at Guapore?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 16, 2022.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

At least its good that more people get challenged to try these car(s) because we brag a bit of how fast guys we are in them :p

At the moment Im using my time on the pseudo-Lotus98T on the old Monza.
    The reason is that I was told in another thread that the fantastic L98T car bomb I recently has falled in love with in my new installed AC - was to be found also in AMS2.
    In AMS2 its just called F-Classic Gen1M2.

But absolutely not a Big Bada Boom Big - but instead a big disappointment - pour moi.:(
    This car in AMS2 is pretty boring compared to the L98T in AC.
    Its both the cars weird behaviour in AMS2, but also the completely uninspiring sound.
    Even after I mandatory had to delete the fake and unrealistic rpm limiter sound :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: I guess that after I have tested this disappointment out on some more of AMS2s LBs Ill return to "our" Cart cars. :D

PseudoL98T-108599.jpg

2. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Looks like I was right, now we're really close to beat 5:10.000. ;)

My previous lap time got improved quite a lot (by over 2.6 seconds). :)

ams2_f-usa_gen3_nordschleife_tumi_world_record_20-02-22_1.png

ams2_f-usa_gen3_nordschleife_tumi_world_record_20-02-22_sector_times_1.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Alright finally got it in the 5:09s. Your turn :p

6.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Nice! Now that didn't take long from you. :) Congrats! I had a feeling you're not giving up the battle for the top spot that easily. :p

It's getting late here and it's early morning for me tomorrow Monday (back to work after the weekend) so I'm off to bed for some sleep.

However I will try to respond to your lap time on some day during next week after working hours. I will have to check out your ghost car to see which parts of the track you're gaining time and on which parts I'm losing time on the track.

You enjoy your #1 spot for now, you've definitely earned it as you did one hell of a lap time! :cool: I hope more drivers sees this thread/post and joins the battle for the #1 spot. I think that the battle has only just started and now it's getting very interesting... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ControlLogix

I hope you don't mind but I shaved another second off while you were sleeping :D

And yes I'll enjoy it for now, but there are some fast guys here so I'm sure it won't last forever.

7.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BrunoB

Sorry @SaxOhare I did "steal" your setup - and changed a few things.
    But I promise Ill use my own setup to set my final laptime.:p
    No cheating from my side ;)
    But I was pretty amazed when from have been alone on the LB then you suddenly popped up.
    Popped up about 1.5 sec faster than me :whistle:
    But I admit that I didnt think it possible (pour moi:D) to turn the turbo up to 100%.
    But thanks for turning up :/thumbsUp ;)

FClass-G1M1-104402.jpg

7. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Whoa! That's a very nice improvement you did on your lap time. :)

It may be out of my reach now but I'll do what I can to match it. You have certainly set the bar high to us all on this track. :)

8. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That 5:08 is jaw-dropping. Great work, ControlLogix.

9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

You are, I'm afraid, currently behind a pad driver on Suzuka/Formula USA :whistle:

EDIT: As is everyone else :D

EDIT2: Still is, @ControlLogix :whistle: You're definitely going to beat me once you've sorted out the mistakes in your lap, though. That should've been at least a 37,5 in S1 and I know you can do 19,8 in S3.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  10. Dicra

Gave you something to do on both ;) It is quite different to drive with a wheel, yeah, but the pad can get you just as much pace.

11. BrunoB

I havent checked - but I believe you.:)
    There must be something wrong with the AMS2 physics.
    Haha joking ofcourse. :D:D:D
    But I agree that now I have got something to think about:mad:

ByTheWay:
    If I responded like our moaning group who mandatory does outpour that custom setups is some kind of cheating - because its only via fixed setups that a drivers REAL driving skills can be measured - then I would say that pad (or keyboard) drivers does get an unfair advantage.
    But ofcourse I dont say (or mean) such idiocy. :rolleyes:
    Quote: Ill be back :D

12. Dicra

So have fun spotting the physics errors :D Some driving errors were in there though; I always get too nervous into Spoon and the final chicane...

• Like Like x 2
  13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

That's really good. I'm not good at all with the F-USA cars, they slide way too much for my taste.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. BrunoB

Oh man that looks pretty amazing.:)
    And exciting - because the car behind you (the ghost) is about to take you lots of places on the track.
    Hehe but then he goes off in the urgent corner just before the long straight home.
    I guess the lap cannot be driven much better.
    At least not much :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Very impressive and very fast lap with a gamepad! I'm with a wheel and I don't see myself getting anywhere near that lap time so well done, @Dicra ! :) Maybe I should visit Kansai again one of these days and see if I could improve my lap time once more...

@ControlLogix I seem to have problems accessing the leaderboards in Time Trial at the moment. I'm getting the message "no records found" every time I go to the Time Trial mode and can't see any lap times at all on any car/track combo. I don't know how to fix this problem. :( Any advice is welcome if someone knows how to get around this. I've had this same problem before in the past (quite a rare problem on my end actually) and based on that the problem will likely to be fixed only by waiting. Hopefully tomorrow I'm able to participate Time Trial again and improve my lap time on Nordschleife / F-USA Gen 3 combo. :)

Meanwhile I'd appreciate it if you could fulfill my request. If you're interested and got some extra time to spare, could you do me a favor and try out the McLaren MP4/12 on Nordschleife? You have a really good pace on this track with the F-USA Gen 3 car class so I'm assuming you would be very competitive on the F-V10 Gen 1 car class as well.;)

This leaderboard is in need for some competition so naturally everyone who reads this is more than welcome to join. :)

ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nordschleife_tumi_world_record_13-02-22.png
    ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nordschleife_tumi_world_record_13-02-22_sector_times.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Dicra

The trick is to use very smooth steering inputs, which is of course not that easy to do with a gamepad (especially with your settings, which I believe are damping at 0 (I use 17)). Being smooth and fluid with inputs makes most of these slides go away. You can see it in the video, too - my slide at Spoon was due to turning in too quickly.

What would be a car/track combo you're good at? Might be fun to try and compare laptimes there.

Ah, there is room for improvement. If I can go 33,9 with a lap that still has some inaccuracies, folks like Ramsay or Nemesis can do low 32's at the very least.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ControlLogix

I managed a 33.5
    How in the world you can do a 33.9 with a gamepad I will never know. Super impressive. Maybe the gamepads are better these days? I'm picturing someone doing this with an old NES controller lol

8.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dicra

*1,33,340 at the moment. Last chicane was pretty rough though; so maybe with a perfect lap high 32's would be possible (considering I needed almost an hour to get this together, I don't think I'm ever going to do said lap).

The gamepads definitely have improved, yeah. These Dualshock sticks actually give some resistance, so holding the thumb steady is easier. Apart from that, there's a lot of practice involved.

19. BrunoB

Just as I promised Saxo :p
    I did use my own rather different setup on the most urgent parameters to set my final laptime.;)

And for the moaning stealers: Its not an easy setup to control.
    Saxos is probably much more forgiving.
    But maybe you want to the use the "fixed" default one instead :whistle:

Monza-104396.jpg

20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

1) I feel like the issue is not so much about being smooth but more like the input delay issues and the lack of option for raw input on controller that we talked about in another thread. The F-USA cars have this weird combination of having a tendency to understeer on turn entry and being less forgiving and more oversteery than more modern open-wheelers on corner exit. But in the end the biggest problem is probably me not being able to adapt to the characteristics of these cars, which is one of the reasons I'm impressed by the laptimes you guys have been posting.

2) I've been posting laptimes at Nurburgring GP/Veedol with a bunch of different cars, my favorite cars in AMS2 are the F-V10s.