Cockpit camera question

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Bull Shark, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Hi all,

I play with a triple screen setup. Calculated FOV = 52.
    When I start the game I have the cam as shown on the first image. I presume this is set according the calculated FOV.
    When I press CTRL + K and then reset the view with the numpad 5 key, I get the view as seen on picture 2.
    Which one is the correct one? I do not have a clue. On the second image you definitely see more of the interior of the car. But I do’n know if this is the correct FOV. The cam settings do still show a FOV of 52. It won’t change after using the CTRL + K key combo and the numpad 5.
    Anybody an idea?

AA2DB533-3FEE-4AE3-ABFE-B7B6332D29C3.jpeg

27FF2BDE-0EF9-4B2B-9D68-8D48A3DA2EC9.jpeg

2. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you are confusing FOV with the drivers seat position, or it's just me being old and confused. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you are absolutely right about that, first set your FOV, which you have done, then adjust drivers seat position to your liking, the reset you did was the seat position reset i think

4. Bull Shark

Yeah but that is something I doubt about. When I use numpad 5 to reset the view, it looks like a larger FOV and it does not stay in the reset position when I restart the game.
    Is the numpad 5 reset view the real reset seat/view? I don’t know how to reset the views to default. I believe the CTRL + K and numpad 5 is not the normal In-game reset.

5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

you could check using the WASD keys to adjust your seat, if all those values are at zero then thats the default view, do the FOV values change in the camera options menu after you reset the view?

6. Bull Shark

I do not have a visual representation with numbers. How do I make those visible? When I reset the seat view The FOV settings stays the same indeed. 52 in the settings that is.

7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Make sure you display the HUD first, then when you move the seat, you will get position coordinates. Hit reset, should make those values 0,0

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Thanks, never thought of doing that. I drive without any hud elements. :D. Will take a look.

9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, not sure why display of seat coordinates are bundled with the HUD, puzzling.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Well just tested it. Will record a little vid to show what is happening. If I fire up the game the seat position etc is at 0,0 FOV 52. So that is correct. But when I press CTRL + K and 5 on numpad, the view will change to a wider view but according the seat coordinates it still shows 0,0 and FOV still at 52. So I’m confused here. What is the correct view? Could one of the developers enlighten me on this?
    I will record a vid with my phone so I can show what is happening.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since I race in VR only, I can't answer your question completely. However, I doubt that the correct view would be hidden behind a CTRL+K and Numpad press, unless there is an error on your side, specifically. Hopefully someone else with triple screens is able to test and replicate your situation.

• Like Like x 1