1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Deck thoughts

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Tiago Ribeiro, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

So, I’m not really into mobile gaming or video game consoles (my PC rig is essentially all I use), but I can’t deny that the mobile gaming market is massive. So I’m excited about AMS2 being compatible with Steam Deck. Hopefully it will bring new users and support further development.

And I wonder… does that mean it will support cross play with PC users?

496CA224-B6B1-4B55-AD2B-6EB4858F4B95.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Steam Deck is a PC, just with a Linux based OS. It will be interesting to play AMS2 in a console-like environment though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Methew39

Methew39 New Member

The handheld feels great to play, thanks to its balanced weight and comfortable controller layout. Games look fantastic on its 7-inch display, and sound equally as good thanks to the surprisingly punchy speakers. This is arguably the best handheld console ever manufactured.

5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully AMS2 being compatible with Steam Deck means that at some point Reiza will improve controller support and make it as good as it was in AMS1 with the option to disable all the filters that mess up steering inputs.

6. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I thought a Steam Deck was a sauna on a cruise ship. o_O

7. John Hargreaves

My Steam Deck arrived last week and I'm steadily working my way through my library. Haven't run AMS2 yet, but Project CARS 2 runs brilliantly so AMS2 will probably run well. I'll post here when I get it running.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steve Lewis

Steve Lewis New Member AMS2 Club Member

Any update @John Hargreaves. Booted it up last night and trying to get some nice setting. Have you tried gyro controls at all?

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Hargreaves

Hi Steve, yeah I've been playing AMS2 quite a lot on the Steam Deck, really enjoying it. I'm pretty cack handed with a gamepad, so I generally stick to the less powerful cars and play with assists on, but AMS2 works well like that. You can still break the traction and stability control if you aren't careful, and you can really feel what the cars are doing.
    The more powerful Formula cars seem a bit over sensitive and twitchy, but the likes of the GT4s, Passat, Mini, Sprintcar etc are sweet as anything and make for some great racing.
    I'm running medium-ish settings and 40fps locked and it's very smooth. Haven't tried gyro actually, I must look into that.