What do you think is the most significant reason AMS2 userbase is so small?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Mar 2, 2022.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Imo bringing AMS2 to console would be a good idea only after Reiza implements career mode, achievements, and proper controller support.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am afraid that the wide range of tracks and cars and the many options in the lobby are the biggest online problem. For me, the flawed AI is the biggest offline problem.

I did at least one online race every day until the GT were introduced, this had a negative impact on the online races, in terms of variation in classes and Circuits used, length (too short) and the use of default setup and driving aids, apparently those cars attract a different audience.

I also spend a lot of time in time trial, but since I have been over-classed by driver(s) with controller(s), I can't find the motivation to invest (a lot of) time in this. I have no further opinion about this but,I have a hard time dealing with this (my problem)

I never liked the AI, so championship or career are also not interesting to me.

I especially like the driving experience in this game, and especially in various open-wheelers, so I will keep coming back for the time being to drive a lap once in a while.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Only this (rather dark) post does capture my own personal assessment of this game.
    Good post @Dicra;)

But actually it wasnt my intention to add a further post to this thread, because honestly my oppinion about this game is that it just feels like a halfhearted attempt to make just "another" racing game - among all the other racing games.
    But without the intention from the devs to finish any part of the game so exceptional that alone this part could get the game to shine.:whistle:
    And get new users to drop in - and stay.:cool:

ByTheWay: Personally the only reason AMS2 is at the moment my goto sim is ONLY because I consider its physics/TM on the level (or maybe slightly above) the best of the competition.
    But to behave myself I dont want to comment on the setup file system, UI, TT, unIntl-AI, etc, etc...

4. BrunoB

What what Saxo?
    You allways have me to compete with in TT :D
    Dont punk yourself with the gamish game controller guys :)

ByTheWay: Im at the moment trying to reinstall myself high up on most F-Reiza LBs - so come on;)

5. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The custom AI thread has a dev drop in from time to time to comment and I am full of hope on that feature. The latest upcoming change will be the ability to set track-specific skills. Consistency has been confirmed to be on a per-weekend basis currently but adding a per-lap skill will probably get added at some point too.

All good things. Hopefully the March dev update will touch on the state of the AI. Same for hosted multiplayer (they were teaming up with 3rd parties too right?) and time-trial.

After going through PC2 recently to compare classes between the 2 games, I'd say AMS2 has most of them and if you include what is on the season pass (road cars, RX, drift and stadium trucks) plus some of the vintage content that surely is incoming there isn't too much missing (class-wise). However, there is a lot of room to grow in the classes themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is marketing, but it is also the lack of number of modern GT3 which ‘sim racers’ can only be bothered to race.

7. rmagid1010

Note that the marketing for ams2 is not as non-existent or as dire as some people here make it out to be.

I thought that the collaboration with accelerados and volkswagen brazil brought major visibility to ams2 from the Brazilian car scene, as did the demo.

8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Judging by the peanut gallery comments on Steam on elsewhere, it's probably negative advertisement as those cars seem to be universally loathed. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was chasing your ghost yesterday in the F Reiza at either Road America or Kansai.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. BrunoB

He is very fast at Kansai :p

Kansai.jpg

11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What AMS2 needs is strong polishing out what already has in the game. Yesterday I watched a league race where most of the trackside cameras (Curitiba Outer) are not useable at all. This hurts AMS2 image to the broader public.

Luckly it was only 30 people watching, as the league is very low profile. However imagine if a big streamer actually were to broadcast a race there - the damage would be large.

Now, from our part we should use more the third party racing systems, such as SimRacing-GP : Race the Challenges and JustRace

The platforms are there, they work, but they need people to actually use them to grow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm Marketcrash16 so it looks like we are all close in pace. Maybe hit up Road America! Not many laps done there but a fun combo

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrunoB

aye aye, sir :p
    Good idea ;)
    The reason I posted the pic was mainly a humorous way of showing how close Saxo and my time is.
    I dont think I have been so close in laptime to someone else - and still be in front :D

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Marketing is not only to make a name known. The name may be known but the perception of that brand/name must be influenced for the good by marketing. This is what is lacking: most people think of AMS2 through the lens of prejudice and debunking it is the task of marketing

• Like Like x 1
  15. rmagid1010

Let me introduce to you the marketing funnel;

[​IMG]

Obviously most people in this thread are near the bottom, but Reiza's challenges are more up the funnel. Many people have never head of Reiza or Ams2 as it is obscure and niche racing game. Racing games in general are a niche. Sim racing is a niche in a niche. Obviously it is hard to advertise ams2 to a broad audience with a high return .

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. BrunoB

Oh - I have never thought of that.
    This is so deep that I cant even get it into my head.

17. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

Will take a look this weekend. Sometimes just switching to a cockpit cam then back to track can fix this issue.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For reference, if needed:

Please don't take my posts as dismissive of the work done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

No problem. I appreciate you letting us know.

That is worse than it is on my system for some reason. Different cameras not activating. Will investigate.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

The problem is that it is a racing simulator. If they did AMS2 as an online battle royale action-RPG with seminude lolitas, cringe writing, a lot of grinding and microtransations maybe they would have a better userbase.