Automobilista 2 -Time to Beat The Best! Can We Set The F309 World Record at Guapore?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 16, 2022.

1. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@ControlLogix @Dicra Like I said earlier, the lap times 1:28.500's (and lower) are now definitely possible, here's proof. :whistle:

ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nurburgring_gp_tumi_world_record_27-02-22_3.png
    ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nurburgring_gp_tumi_world_record_27-02-22_sector_times_3.png

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

@tUMi Wow nice lap. You really nail that final chicane. Such a challenging track to put together a perfect lap. Not sure if I can top your 1:28.425 good job. I think I'll be ready for a new track/car challenge pretty soon because at this point I think I could drive the Nurb GP with my eyes closed :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

In TT time is locked to 1PM but in free practice you can drive the McLaren MP12/4 at midnight with no headlights. :)

4. FS7

@ControlLogix @Dicra @tUMi whenever you guys get tired of Nurburgring GP I suggest you try F-V10 G1 at Kyalami. I've been trying to learn this track for the past few days, I posted a laptime with default setup, I'd love to hear you guys opinions on whether turns 6,8,9,15 can be driven flat out (here is the map I used as reference).

• Like Like x 1
  5. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Don't have much experience with this track but gave it a shot tonight and got a 1:19.100. Feels like there's definitely another 1 or 2 seconds in there somewhere.

10.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm currently still not where my PC is, but the day after tomorrow I'll give the Nurburgring GP another shot and try to dethrone @tUMi , and then go to Kyalami.

Quite excited for what @ControlLogix has managed to do with the setup. Building a good setup, to me, is always an impressive thing to do, because you have to know the mechanics of the car and the issues when driving very well in order to achieve this.

7. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I haven't driven AMS2 at all (or anything else with my rig) in the last 4-5 days so after the intense last week on the Nurburgring GP I decided to try out @FS7 's suggestion.

My previous experience from Kyalami is a big flat zero. :) So today was my first time ever I've driven on Kyalami. :) So this is what I've come up with after couple hours of practise.

ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_kyalami_tumi_world_record_04-03-22.png
    ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_kyalami_tumi_world_record_04-03-22_sector_times.png

I agree with @ControlLogix that there's definitely at least one second or even more to gain in there somewhere as my lap certainly was still very far away from a clean lap. Feels quite difficult to drive a complete lap without making any mistakes on this track. The learning process continues... :)

@FS7 From my short experience so far I can tell that at least turns 6 and 15 can be driven flat out. In turns 8 and 9 (The Esses) I haven't found a correct line yet but from my experiments so far I can tell that in turn 9 there's no need to lift off the throttle once you start accelerating out of that corner.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  8. FS7

After copying @ControlLogix setup and making a few small adjustments I improved my time the other day but I'm still way off the top 3. Kyalami is a very technical track, even though I haven't quite figured it out yet I find the high speed turns very interesting.

T6 I'm pretty sure it can be taken flat but I haven't managed to do it perfectly yet, maybe due to setup maybe due to me not being brave enough. :D
    So far my experience with T8 & T9 is that I need to lift for T8 and T9 can be taken flat if I get T8 right (easier said than done, a bunch of times I either went wide on T8 or turned in too early and hit the kerb on the inside), and then I try not to lockup my tyres and ruin the lap in T10.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dicra

I may have done an evil thing on the Nurburgring and snatched back the record. :D I messed up the final sector a little, going onto the grass out of the chicane and wide in the last corner, but the second sector was very close to perfection this time. Time to beat is 1,28,396... I sadly can't make screenshots as I don't write these posts on the PC I use to play AMS2.

@ControlLogix Huge respect for this setup; never seen this car as stable and predictable (and still fast). Setup work like this should get appreciated more by the game; maybe through a button that shows who made the setup that #1 of the leaderboard uses.

• Like Like x 2
  10. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Dicra You did a great lap in Nurburgring GP! Enjoy the #1 spot, you've earned it. :cool:

I might drop by there later on during this weekend and see if there's anything I can do to beat your record (not very likely as I doubt I can repeat my personal best lap time there anymore).

Right now I'm having fun in Kyalami, my suggestion to you is to drop by in Kyalami and post your lap there also. ;)

And I agree with you, @ControlLogix 's setup is truly excellent. It's very stable indeed (but still very quick) so I wasn't surprised at all to see you taking back the #1 spot in Nurburgring GP.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dicra

As I aim to please, I just did so and came up with an 1,18,420. There's still time to find in the final sector, I think, but very happy with my second one. Not sure if 17's are possible there for me, but very low 18's should be.

EDIT:
    6 is possible flat. 8 and 9 shouldn't be driven flat out and I highly doubt that it's even an option. 15 is flat, but you have to hit a somewhat early turn-in spot and be pretty precise, which makes it surprisingly hard to go flat there.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Dicra good job (especially in the second sector)! ;)

I also improved my lap. Not my finest third sector but I'm very pleased with my first and second sectors. I was very nearly able to match your time in the second sector and I'm happy with that as the second sector is the most difficult for me to get clean. I think that getting under 1:18.000 is possible, just very difficult. @ControlLogix is propably able to do it if we're not. ;)

ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_kyalami_tumi_world_record_04-03-22_3.png
    ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_kyalami_tumi_world_record_04-03-22_sector_times_3.png

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dicra

That was a very hard to beat lap; good in almost every single corner and without many places where I could gain time. Really had to fight for that 1,18,165 that I've got now - but this current lap is actually pretty close to what I consider my personal limit, except for a slightly tame second sector.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FS7

Are you guys having any trouble at T10? To me that's a tough one to spot my braking reference and I almost always lockup the wheels.

I already have a interesting track in mind after Kyalami but since I've already suggested Nurburgring & Kyalami I wait for your suggestions.

15. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance you guys will pick also some different car classes in the future? I'd love to join the party, but formula cars are way too fast for my oldish brain :). I think more people might join with other cars as well.

16. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

P3 and P4 are awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  17. FS7

Feel free to post a car & track you like.
    I'm mainly a open-wheel guy but I'm open to suggestions for other classes as well (I posted laps with a bunch of cars at Nurburgring GP/Veedol TT).

• Like Like x 1
  18. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

OK, since P3/P4 was suggested and I really like the MCR S2000, how about this one? You said you have a nice track in mind :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

1:18.165... wow. Very nice job. Hard to beat, that's for sure but not impossible, I guess. ;)

I'll drop by in Nurburgring GP first and try to beat your record lap there one last time. :) I'll return to Kyalami after that and do my best to get ahead of you in the leaderboard. :)

This is a difficult corner for me as well. Hard to find a good line and entry point to that corner. Usually I'm braking too late there and end up locking up the front wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FS7

I was thinking about Curvelo for the next track, it's one of the best Brazilian tracks imo, it has some interesting challenging sequences of turns. It's a fun track to drive with the F-V10 G1 imo, but MCR S2000 at Curvelo should be an interesting combo too, I'll give it a go later today.
    For those of you who are not familiar with this track here's a video of some average guy with a controller trying to complete a lap around Curvelo:

• Like Like x 2